Sign in to follow this  
Phil-o-mania

The Linz Family

it's too bad their prize wasn't a little bit better.. but oh well..

go linz :)

Yes, and when Phil joked with them and said "sorry there's no prize" .....they all 4 just smiled and said "that's ok"......what great sports. You know damn well that if one of the other teams heard that they'd cry and whine. (But I won't name names. Ahhahhhaweaaaaversaaahhhhhaaa.)

FLYNWA, thanks for your amazing help on the other thread. Your details were brilliantly done. I also thought it was cruel and unusual punishment to taunt this poor family with the prospect of no prize award. I was hoping the prize was going to be something other than a trip . . . something really large like a cash award or cars.

spikes_luv . . . adore your avatar! I have a friend with that logo on it and I've always admired it!

Thanks H8s!!! A friend made it for me - maybe the same person???

Yes, and when Phil joked with them and said "sorry there's no prize" .....they all 4 just smiled and said "that's ok"......what great sports. You know damn well that if one of the other teams heard that they'd cry and whine. (But I won't name names. Ahhahhhaweaaaaversaaahhhhhaaa.)

Gosh I love that Linz family - they are just so funny and competitive - and they share my dislike for the Weavers!!! Love the face plant!!! Go Linzes!!! :lol:

Ugh, another f'in production error.

Hopefully they pass the weavers when the weavers get pulled over next week.

*sigh*

ya think thats why it wasnt a pit stop. To keep it fair?? i mean, they were in first with a good lead. it wasnt their fault

That really pissed me off.

They must be trying some new equipment or something to have that crap happen twice in a row.

That was just total bullshit to penalize a team b/c of the stupid frickin camera men.

I bet that's why this wasn't an elimination.. just like why last week was a nonelim as well. Just seems too convenient that these 2 times when something screws up like that b/c of cameramen it's a nonelim.

Anywho.... GO LINZ!!!!!! They're awesome! I love their goofiness.

actually, they had a leg like this on the last TAR -- the one ROMBER was on. They raced their asses off, climbed up some tall building, found Phil and he told them to keep going.

Yah I remember that....

I just saying it just seems too convenient that they would have something like this when the cameramen cause teams to lag behind so badly.

Meh.. I'm glad though cause it means the Linz's still have a chance to catch up :D

Me too. I don't think it's fair to penalize the team if the crew screws up. They could give them a credit of time or something at the end of the leg

eh since it was the linz's I could care less :P

That really pissed me off.

They must be trying some new equipment or something to have that crap happen twice in a row.

That was just total bullshit to penalize a team b/c of the stupid frickin camera men.

I bet that's why this wasn't an elimination.. just like why last week was a nonelim as well. Just seems too convenient that these 2 times when something screws up like that b/c of cameramen it's a nonelim.

Anywho.... GO LINZ!!!!!! They're awesome! I love their goofiness.

I kept waiting, wondering why the Linzes weren't showing up and then here they come with that anouncement of a production error. WTF??? Well, they sure took it in stride - as they do everything else. And weren't they cute tonight? They just crack me up!!!

Go Linzes!! :lol:

That's the second time a family came in last this season due to mechanical problems. With all the communication devices the 'Race' has available to them, why don't they stop the other teams at the same time so no team has an unfair advantage.

They tend to use the 'hurry up and wait' method at airports and tourist attractions (Old Faithful) when they want so what would be different of just freezing everyone in place until the mechanical problem is repaired?

I think this would be fair especially if the mechanical problem was no fault of the family involved. For example, turn over your vehicle, everyone keeps racing. As opposed to transportation breaking down due to mechanical failure, everyone stops in place until the problem can be fixed.

Of course, that might cause other problems now that I think about it. Family gets stalled in traffic or behind a railroad crossing, everyone keeps racing? Okay, so perhaps my plan needs a little fine tuning. :lol:

The Linz's were ripped off!

GO HOT LINZ Boys and a Girl!

I think if its a production problem then they should halt the other teams or better yet award the affected team the lost time once they do arrive at the pit stop.

for example if they are delayed because of a production problem for 2hrs then those 2hrs are deducted from the time of their arrival!

Well there is my 4cents (inflation ya know) :blink:

The Linz's were ripped off!

GO HOT LINZ Boys and a Girl!

I think if its a production problem then they should halt the other teams or better yet award the affected team the lost time once they do arrive at the pit stop.

for example if they are delayed because of a production problem for 2hrs then those 2hrs are deducted from the time of their arrival!

Well there is my 4cents (inflation ya know) :blink:

I agree, it was no fault of theirs, it was the camera, they should get some time deducted because of that. But I remember reading the rules a while back (I think it was posted somwehere here at Mortys) and it said that no matter what happens (ie. Production problem) the teams have to take it, and they will not get a deduction in time. I just think that is not right, besides how many of these seasons have there been now? They should have back up batteries or something, I would think the show would be more prepared for this.

This show is so unfair sometimes - the Linzes had a 5 hour headstart on the Weavers at the beginning and then all the teams were evened out because they couldn't start at the balloons until 6 am. What a rip-off! Not to mention the "production error."

I know this is typical of TAR, but it definitely gives some teams an unfair advantage while it takes away another team's lead.

GO LINZES!

Does anyone know exactly what the production error was ? The way it was worded kinda led me to think it was a problem with one of the vehicles, a drained battery or something. Kinda sucks when you're racing for that amount of money and you're in first place, then you find yourself trailing the pack.

I also wondered whether they made this a non-elimination leg because of the error.Would n't that require some fast schedule shuffling by cbs? To fit the extra week in to a predetermined finale, I mean.

And since Phil didn't take away anyone's money, does thar mean the Weavers" still don't have any? They only had to beg for change once during this leg so far. Didn't have to buy airline tickets or anything.

What about when the camera person can't run as fast as the team (like last season)? I think the production errors are a pain, but it's a no-holds-barred kind of race.

The stalling until 6 am happens all of the time. They have to wait for a place to open in the morning. I don't think it is meant to unfairly benefit one team over another (JMO).

What was the playing chicken with the Weavers thing anyway? I like the Linz's and have from the very beginning, but i thought they seemed like poor sports. Maybe they were taking their frustration about the mystery error out on the Weavers, but it just didn't sit well with me.

What about when the camera person can't run as fast as the team (like last season)? I think the production errors are a pain, but it's a no-holds-barred kind of race.

The stalling until 6 am happens all of the time. They have to wait for a place to open in the morning. I don't think it is meant to unfairly benefit one team over another (JMO).

What was the playing chicken with the Weavers thing anyway? I like the Linz's and have from the very beginning, but i thought they seemed like poor sports. Maybe they were taking their frustration about the mystery error out on the Weavers, but it just didn't sit well with me.

I may be wrong, but from what I saw, it was the Weavers who would not move their vehicle over, the Linz's moved slightly over, to pass, but I am pretty sure we heard the Weavers saying dont move dont move, and they stayed in the road.

As for the "production error" they basically said that the camera drained the battery, as I said before, with something like that I think they should have some kind of spare battery for the camera

I may be wrong, but from what I saw, it was the Weavers who would not move their vehicle over, the Linz's moved slightly over, to pass, but I am pretty sure we heard the Weavers saying dont move dont move, and they stayed in the road.

As for the "production error" they basically said that the camera drained the battery, as I said before, with something like that I think they should have some kind of spare battery for the camera

The clue said the Vehicle coming into the ranch had to move over for those leaving the Ranch. That is why the Weaver girl said "Read the clue" The BRansen's said the same thing when the Sisters were coming in. That they had the right of way.

As for the car breaking down due to Production, yeah it dies suck, but if a car breaks down for anyother reason they handle it the same way.

The clue said the Vehicle coming into the ranch had to move over for those leaving the Ranch. That is why the Weaver girl said "Read the clue" The BRansen's said the same thing when the Sisters were coming in. That they had the right of way.

As for the car breaking down due to Production, yeah it dies suck, but if a car breaks down for anyother reason they handle it the same way.

Lol, see, I said I may be wrong, but either way, if I was driving I would move over a little, but I guess I am just a curtious (sp?) driver lol.

As for the car breaking down that I can understand - that happens, but the camera draining the battery is another situation, I think they should have taken precautions so that didnt happen, especially since it already happend once this race. But either way it doesnt matter since those are the rules, like the one sister said last night "thats the way the cookie crumbles" lol, that is such a cheesy saying!

And since Phil didn't take away anyone's money, does thar mean the Weavers" still don't have any? They only had to beg for change once during this leg so far. Didn't have to buy airline tickets or anything.

The Weavers have to run the rest of the race without any belongings....i believe they do get money AFTER the next pit stop unless as many are hoping that they get eliminated. they never have to buy airline tickets...thats the only thing that they dont have to use the money for.

Y'know , the more I think about it, it seems like such a simple problem to avoid. Maybe they got caught offguard last week when it happened, but they should have had backup batteries right in the van for that eventuality. I assume they have a van with each of the teams. If you mess up, the idea is to learn from it. I guess CBS prefers to keep screwing up the race since they apparently didn't take steps to insure the problem wouldn't happen again.

OK. That's my rant. Lettin' it go now.

That's what I saw/heard, Blackcat. The Weavers were not about to give an inch! And they were nasty (as usual) when they talked to the Linzes - and about them afterwards. I thought the Linzes were very polite - he even said "I apologize", but the Weavers didn't like that at all! :rolleyes:

That's what I saw/heard, Blackcat. The Weavers were not about to give an inch! And they were nasty (as usual) when they talked to the Linzes - and about them afterwards. I thought the Linzes were very polite - he even said "I apologize", but the Weavers didn't like that at all! :rolleyes:

Yup it doesnt matter what any team does, the Weavers think they are above them and will put them down just to prove to us viewers agin and again how dispicable they really are. I hope the kids get some counselling or something, because it is not good to grow up with a mother who is their only role model who acts so immature!

Yup it doesnt matter what any team does, the Weavers think they are above them and will put them down just to prove to us viewers agin and again how dispicable they really are. I hope the kids get some counselling or something, because it is not good to grow up with a mother who is their only role model who acts so immature!

Yeah how dare the Weavers be upset because a team did not FOLLOW THE RULES!!! How dare they :rolleyes:

Yeah how dare the Weavers be upset because a team did not FOLLOW THE RULES!!! How dare they :rolleyes:

They do not need to be rude about it!

They do not need to be rude about it!

No..not at all. What they needed to do was spread viscous rumours about the other team to everyone else...