Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds
Photo

The Gaghan Family

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

April

April

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 2,350 posts
They lost due to bad, bad luck.

Tarman12

Tarman12

• Pip
  • 1,249 posts
They had worse luck that any family in the race. So sad at the end when the tears started rolling down the little girls cheeks.And all because of that one red pea.
So there goes one of my favorite families. So now it's "Go, Paolo's and Linzes1"

nebartist

nebartist

• Pip
  • 5,960 posts
QUOTE(Suds @ Nov 2 2005, 03:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well unfortunately they were eliiminated tonight when in actual fact it should have been the Weavers. The father made such a nice speech in the end about his kids and how he hoped they would learn perseverance from the experience, very touching.

why should it have been the weavers? they beat them to the mat

KingOfRealityTV

KingOfRealityTV

• Pip
  • 7,647 posts
They went out with class, Cheers to the Gaghan Family... I hope everything goes great for them!! Those kids took the loss pretty good!! They are a good sportsmanship family...

nebartist

nebartist

• Pip
  • 5,960 posts
QUOTE(KingOfRealityTV @ Nov 2 2005, 06:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They went out with class, Cheers to the Gaghan Family... I hope everything goes great for them!! Those kids took the loss pretty good!! They are good a sportsmanship family...

that they did

Happy Camper

Happy Camper

• Pip
  • 103 posts
I was so proud of this family for their strength, perseverance, self control, and class. From what I observed, mom and dad are setting exemplary examples for their children. I wish they could have gone further, but that's the way the game goes sometimes.

jersey721

jersey721

• Pip
  • 3,094 posts
QUOTE(nebartist @ Nov 2 2005, 05:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
why should it have been the weavers? they beat them to the mat

You took the words right out of my mouth. I agree. . . "WHY THE WEAVERS"??? The way everyone is picking on this family is making me root for them more & more. I just don't get where the hostility is coming from. So they stay to themselves. IT IS A COMPETITION. Every team is gonna have to look out for themselves at some point. Leave this poor family alone.

Ivy

Ivy

• Pip
  • 1,746 posts
Well, I'm sorry to see these guys go! They were fine examples of how to play the game, and how to remain decent human beings through out the whole thing. Maybe I'm wrong, but Mom and Dad seemed like they would have behaved this way, even if there kids had not been with them. They were just great. I believe I made a smart-mouthed comment about them being 'kid-bots' earlier. Well, I take it back, and apologize. They seem like an awesome family, who did an awesome job. They should be very proud of themselves, and I give the producers of AR props for including this nice, normal, truly decent family in their race this time!

mikede

mikede

• Pip
  • 2,662 posts
QUOTE(KingOfRealityTV @ Nov 2 2005, 01:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They went out with class, Cheers to the Gaghan Family... I hope everything goes great for them!! Those kids took the loss pretty good!! They are good a sportsmanship family...

LMMFAO

Soyyo

Soyyo

Live Feed Updater

• Pip
  • 1,206 posts
QUOTE(Ivy @ Nov 2 2005, 07:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I'm sorry to see these guys go! They were fine examples of how to play the game, and how to remain decent human beings through out the whole thing. Maybe I'm wrong, but Mom and Dad seemed like they would have behaved this way, even if there kids had not been with them. They were just great. I believe I made a smart-mouthed comment about them being 'kid-bots' earlier. Well, I take it back, and apologize. They seem like an awesome family, who did an awesome job. They should be very proud of themselves, and I give the producers of AR props for including this nice, normal, truly decent family in their race this time!

I second that emotion. They started growing on me from like two shows ago, but last night they stole my heart completely. Not only were they extremely supporting and sweet to each other, they were also the only ones not scheming against the Weavers. So sad to see them go sad.gif

. . . "WHY THE WEAVERS"??? The way everyone is picking on this family is making me root for them more & more. I just don't get where the hostility is coming from. So they stay to themselves. IT IS A COMPETITION. Every team is gonna have to look out for themselves at some point. Leave this poor family alone.

DITTO mad.gif !!!

nebartist

nebartist

• Pip
  • 5,960 posts
oh i can see why people might not like the Weavers but screw 'em wink.gif

Soyyo

Soyyo

Live Feed Updater

• Pip
  • 1,206 posts
QUOTE(Suds @ Nov 2 2005, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... I want the WEAVERS to be LEAVERS.

LOL, that was funny right there biggrin.gif !

Sharonda99

Sharonda99

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 1,219 posts
I was sorry to see the Gaghans go too, and I hope that everything goes well for them too. I was so proud of little Carissa (is that her name?) She was trying so hard not to cry and be a big girl. Kind of off topic, but did you see when she was asleep in the van on the way to Jaco? That was too cute!

I'm also pulling for the Weavers. Everyone hates them and I don't understand it. I was so glad they made it ,but sad it was at the Gaghan's expense.

jersey721

jersey721

• Pip
  • 3,094 posts
I have never liked the Gaghan family. The kids irritated the heck out of me. I have been wishing they would get eliminated since Episode 1. But I must tell you that their elimination did not have the gleeful effect I had expected. I actually found myself getting choked up looking at Carissa's face. I wish them well.

GO WEAVERS!!!

crappysucks

crappysucks

• Pip
  • 2,610 posts
I was very sorry to see this family go. They are what kept me watching this season. I rooted for them as the underdog, and enjoyed seeing how well the worked together and got along.

Oh well...not much of a reason for me to keep watching this one now. cool.gif

Ivy

Ivy

• Pip
  • 1,746 posts
I think at first I didn't want to like this family, because they seemed a little too 'goody-goody' for the likes of reality tv. And kids? I don't know-- the idea of kids being on the show was just a turn off. But after seeing them in action, I realize that having decent people like these on shows like this just helps to show how awful some of the other ones are.
If all reality show contestants were like this family, what a yawn it would be. But it's just nice to see good, decent people once in a while, who react and treat each other with love and respect -- nice to see adults who act like adults -- just to remind us, that just because they are playing a game, they do NOT have to resort to lying, cruel comments, yelling at each other....
I hate to bring it up, but compare it to BB this summer, where none of the contestants were what you could call mature, decent people. I mean, I liked one group more than another, but neither group was anything to admire. Pretty much, all of them acted very immature, and just nasty at times.
I really wish they would put more 'good' people in some of these shows, and just throw in a few 'evil' ones, to make it interesting.
It they are all 'evil', then, to me anyway, it's not as fun to watch. I think that constrast of good vs. evil is what makes these shows so entertaining.

crappysucks

crappysucks

• Pip
  • 2,610 posts
QUOTE(Ivy @ Nov 5 2005, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think at first I didn't want to like this family, because they seemed a little too 'goody-goody' for the likes of reality tv. And kids? I don't know-- the idea of kids being on the show was just a turn off. But after seeing them in action, I realize that having decent people like these on shows like this just helps to show how awful some of the other ones are.
If all reality show contestants were like this family, what a yawn it would be. But it's just nice to see good, decent people once in a while, who react and treat each other with love and respect -- nice to see adults who act like adults -- just to remind us, that just because they are playing a game, they do NOT have to resort to lying, cruel comments, yelling at each other....
I hate to bring it up, but compare it to BB this summer, where none of the contestants were what you could call mature, decent people. I mean, I liked one group more than another, but neither group was anything to admire. Pretty much, all of them acted very immature, and just nasty at times.
I really wish they would put more 'good' people in some of these shows, and just throw in a few 'evil' ones, to make it interesting.
It they are all 'evil', then, to me anyway, it's not as fun to watch. I think that constrast of good vs. evil is what makes these shows so entertaining.

You do bring up a very interesting dichotomy. We always seem to root for one side over the other because we perceive one as 'evil' or 'lacking in integrity.' No, I rave and rant about these types of people just as much as the next guy. However, if everyone was good, we'd have one boring show.

A great example of this is the first BB. Because the audience voted, the houseguests were 'incented' to be good because that is who the audience kept in. Now I don't know about you, but that season for me was a snore fest. So, I guess (after a lengthy post) I agree with you. A good mix of 'good' and 'evil' (for want of better words) makes for a more interesting show. Too much of one or the other is definitely NOT a good thing! cool.gif

Tarman12

Tarman12

• Pip
  • 1,249 posts
I don't like the Weavers much because i see in them a kind of a holier-than-thou attitude that drivers me up a wall, the same way the Freakship did on BB.
But, I guess that belongs in the Weaver thread anyways.

CeCiMom

CeCiMom

Forum Moderator

• 8,579 posts
I know I'm a sap (sometimes tongue.gif ) but, I still got emotional last night watching these two kids cheer on The Linze's, Bransens and Weavers. They were the perfect sportsmen's throughout their time on the show... it was sooo refreshing to see this family. Bummed they didn't get further but, the everlasting Linze's did... and that's fine by me.

Edited by CeCiMom, 14 December 2005 - 11:40 AM.

Soyyo

Soyyo

Live Feed Updater

• Pip
  • 1,206 posts
QUOTE(CeCiMom @ Dec 14 2005, 05:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know I'm a sap (sometimes tongue.gif ) but, I still got emotional last night watching these two kids cheer on The Linze's, Bransens and Weavers...

The way they cheered the three teams equally last night brought tears to my eyes. They really are wonderful people smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users