Sign in to follow this  
Phil-o-mania

The Gaghan Family

... I want the WEAVERS to be LEAVERS.

LOL, that was funny right there :D !

I was sorry to see the Gaghans go too, and I hope that everything goes well for them too. I was so proud of little Carissa (is that her name?) She was trying so hard not to cry and be a big girl. Kind of off topic, but did you see when she was asleep in the van on the way to Jaco? That was too cute!

I'm also pulling for the Weavers. Everyone hates them and I don't understand it. I was so glad they made it ,but sad it was at the Gaghan's expense.

I have never liked the Gaghan family. The kids irritated the heck out of me. I have been wishing they would get eliminated since Episode 1. But I must tell you that their elimination did not have the gleeful effect I had expected. I actually found myself getting choked up looking at Carissa's face. I wish them well.

GO WEAVERS!!!

I was very sorry to see this family go. They are what kept me watching this season. I rooted for them as the underdog, and enjoyed seeing how well the worked together and got along.

Oh well...not much of a reason for me to keep watching this one now. B)

I think at first I didn't want to like this family, because they seemed a little too 'goody-goody' for the likes of reality tv. And kids? I don't know-- the idea of kids being on the show was just a turn off. But after seeing them in action, I realize that having decent people like these on shows like this just helps to show how awful some of the other ones are.

If all reality show contestants were like this family, what a yawn it would be. But it's just nice to see good, decent people once in a while, who react and treat each other with love and respect -- nice to see adults who act like adults -- just to remind us, that just because they are playing a game, they do NOT have to resort to lying, cruel comments, yelling at each other....

I hate to bring it up, but compare it to BB this summer, where none of the contestants were what you could call mature, decent people. I mean, I liked one group more than another, but neither group was anything to admire. Pretty much, all of them acted very immature, and just nasty at times.

I really wish they would put more 'good' people in some of these shows, and just throw in a few 'evil' ones, to make it interesting.

It they are all 'evil', then, to me anyway, it's not as fun to watch. I think that constrast of good vs. evil is what makes these shows so entertaining.

I think at first I didn't want to like this family, because they seemed a little too 'goody-goody' for the likes of reality tv. And kids? I don't know-- the idea of kids being on the show was just a turn off. But after seeing them in action, I realize that having decent people like these on shows like this just helps to show how awful some of the other ones are.

If all reality show contestants were like this family, what a yawn it would be. But it's just nice to see good, decent people once in a while, who react and treat each other with love and respect -- nice to see adults who act like adults -- just to remind us, that just because they are playing a game, they do NOT have to resort to lying, cruel comments, yelling at each other....

I hate to bring it up, but compare it to BB this summer, where none of the contestants were what you could call mature, decent people. I mean, I liked one group more than another, but neither group was anything to admire. Pretty much, all of them acted very immature, and just nasty at times.

I really wish they would put more 'good' people in some of these shows, and just throw in a few 'evil' ones, to make it interesting.

It they are all 'evil', then, to me anyway, it's not as fun to watch. I think that constrast of good vs. evil is what makes these shows so entertaining.

You do bring up a very interesting dichotomy. We always seem to root for one side over the other because we perceive one as 'evil' or 'lacking in integrity.' No, I rave and rant about these types of people just as much as the next guy. However, if everyone was good, we'd have one boring show.

A great example of this is the first BB. Because the audience voted, the houseguests were 'incented' to be good because that is who the audience kept in. Now I don't know about you, but that season for me was a snore fest. So, I guess (after a lengthy post) I agree with you. A good mix of 'good' and 'evil' (for want of better words) makes for a more interesting show. Too much of one or the other is definitely NOT a good thing! B)

I don't like the Weavers much because i see in them a kind of a holier-than-thou attitude that drivers me up a wall, the same way the Freakship did on BB.

But, I guess that belongs in the Weaver thread anyways.

I know I'm a sap (sometimes :P ) but, I still got emotional last night watching these two kids cheer on The Linze's, Bransens and Weavers. They were the perfect sportsmen's throughout their time on the show... it was sooo refreshing to see this family. Bummed they didn't get further but, the everlasting Linze's did... and that's fine by me.

Edited by CeCiMom

I know I'm a sap (sometimes :P ) but, I still got emotional last night watching these two kids cheer on The Linze's, Bransens and Weavers...

The way they cheered the three teams equally last night brought tears to my eyes. They really are wonderful people :)