Sign in to follow this  
Phil-o-mania

The Gaghan Family

OMG you are so right about the Weavers they were really weird last night and the previews don't look any better for them. As for the Gaghan family so the father made one stupid comment, I think we all have said things at one time or other that should have been left unsaid. Overall I think this family is doing great and totally are in tune with each other which is a lot more than I can say for the Paolo family, what a dysfunctional family. Get a muzzle for the mother and a swift kick in the pants for the son.

See, and I don't even have a problem with either family. Everyone is going to say something bad in the context of the game. The Weavers little meltdown was amusing and even a little annoying, but it doesn't automatically make me dislike them. The Gaghans are very competitive and might even be a bit cut-throat, but still they are not mean-spirited.

The one thing they have in common: They are formidable because they are both VERY strong families functioning as a team. Ma Weaver maybe a bit skittish and weird for us at times, but there's no denying how much her family is united behind her and I admire her strength in keeping the family together.

The Gaghan kids and parents are a little scary (especially Carissa) but I don't see a trace of dysfunction in that group. They have a winner's attitude and I like it.

The Paolo family will go down for the reasons the Weavers and Gaghans will do well: They are a divided group.

Well said Don Chep :) , I agree with you, except, I'm not so sure about the Paolos' going down any time soon (one can hope though), they're like a bad rash that won't go away LOL :D !!!

I felt bad for, and understood, the Weaver's "breakdown". They had a very tough day trying to run through the mud over and over with no luck, then switching to beheading shrimp... except for the mom, they're all kids...tired, frustrated, and stressed out kids, It didn't surprise me when they let all those feelings out on the bus, then after getting a "pep" talk from mom acting "crazy happy", that's kids for you LOL!...Heck, I'd be a wreck in their shoes!...

As for the Gagham Dad's comment...I agree that it wasn't proper for him to make it in front of his kids. Children learn by example, and what Dad showed them there was lack of compassion for others and poor sportsmanship...but...Hey, we all put our foot in our mouths now and then...My jury still out on this family.

I have to laugh--- I was thinking about this family, kind of wishing they would go, just becaus I really don't like to see kids on this show. I was thinking the same thing too, about the behavior of some of the teenagers-- annoying! But then, as many of you pointed out, they are just kids. I have kids myself, ages 16, 12, and 10, so I do have a pretty good understanding of how they react under pressure.

But what made me laugh is remembering previous AR seasons. It's not like we haven't heard plenty of whining and seen annoying behavior before! There have been adults whose behavior has been way worse than any of these kids'! Remember Jonathan and Victoria? The king of obnoxious snotty behavior, and the queen of whining? These are just to name a few. So, I'll guess I'll cut the kids a little slack.

But, IMO -- the Gaghans do seem a little bit creepy ---- they are very driven and demanding. I can't quite put my finger on it, and I don't know why this term comes to mind -- but I think 'pod people' when I see them.

Oh my, that was kinda mean! I'm sure they are just a very close family with very high expectations. The parents seem to be very loving and supportive of their little 'bots... err,, I mean kids! :blush:

LOL Ivy, How funny! Now that you mention it...it was kind of creepy to hear the Mom (or was it the dad?) say that ..."We're raising our kids like adults..." ...creepy and and a little sad I think :unsure:

LOL! Now every time I watch them I'll be thinking... "pod people"...kidbots ...LOL :D !"

I think for most people this team is love em or hate em. I don't really have an opinion of them though.

i dont get the hate for them. they are a good family

I like this family too. The kids seem to be well behaved for the most part (I didn't see the big deal with the cart pulling thing and the singing). I didn't see the dad's comment in the Waffle house, but from everything else I've seen, they seem to be a good family. I was scared they would get eliminated b/c they were having a hard time with the Detour but they managed to complete the task. Yes, the kids will not be able to pull their weight with some challenges (And to my understanding, didn't they say at least 2 family members have to perform them, so even if the kids can't do it, big deal), but they are rocking with everything else so, I hope these guys go far.

I have read many post in other forums about the Gaghan's making bad decisions. They made a very good decision last night in going a different way from the others from Huntsville to Anniston. They left 2 hours behind the Branson and some of the others and got to the big chair 4th. They didn't take the interstate they took 231 which is a much shorter drive than taking 65 to Birmingham to 20 to Anniston. It probably cut almost 2 hours of their time. That was a good decision, not playing monkey see monkey do.

this is a really likeable family and i wouldnt mind seeing them at the end (but i do think eventually they may get eliminated but hey u never know). the kids aren't disrespectful and just having fun, it's normal for a brother and sister to call each other names like "dork" and "weirdo". the kids should see this as an adventure (but yeah, i'd LOVE to have a million bucks lol). the parents are great role models and are always positive around their children. the only thing i didnt like was them making the comment at the very first ep about how the other families probably havent even left the state they lived in and couldnt handle traveling (not really a big deal but kinda insulting to me). but other than that i'm really pulling for them.

There's no way they will win, even though I wanted them to. The father does alot of stupid things, like when he pulled the 8am card instead of looking for earlier times. Or like when the boy told the father to ask someone where the reflecting pool is, and the father just blew it off.

There's no way they will win, even though I wanted them to. The father does alot of stupid things, like when he pulled the 8am card instead of looking for earlier times. Or like when the boy told the father to ask someone where the reflecting pool is, and the father just blew it off.

;) I really find myself rooting for this family more and more, I love the way they interact, can you imagine the pressure on that father with these younger, smaller members? What a handicap and a challenge, I think they are GREAT! He prolly pulled the card because they were all exhausted, he's really under alot of pressure and I think they work well together. I absolutely adore the little girl. They may not last long, but they're my favorite! I love the way they support each other.

The two kids were trying to saw that log and the little girl could barely reach the saw---- funniest thing I've ever seen Kinda makes the Weaver meltdown looksilly..

I give the kids credit, they are trying very hard to be active participants and not just be dead weight, you know? Especially the little girl, she is always looking out for signs or locations. I was glad they made it tonight. I hope they can stay in it for a while.

The only way this family will be eliminated is because they seem to have worse luck than anyone else. They missed the fast forward by a whisker, and they had the slowest boat going across the lake and bake. They lost three places in that boat , went from second to fifth.

Loved it when the little kid was talking up his dad being a pretty good batter,then when Dad ripped one on the first pitch, he turned right to the camera and said, "Now that's what I'm talkin' about!" :lol::lol:

i know, they had such horrible horrible luck, if they would have gotten last place, i woulda argued that it wasnt their fault, but, it wasnt an eviction anyway

They had worse luck that any family in the race. So sad at the end when the tears started rolling down the little girls cheeks.And all because of that one red pea.

So there goes one of my favorite families. So now it's "Go, Paolo's and Linzes1"

Well unfortunately they were eliiminated tonight when in actual fact it should have been the Weavers. The father made such a nice speech in the end about his kids and how he hoped they would learn perseverance from the experience, very touching.

why should it have been the weavers? they beat them to the mat

They went out with class, Cheers to the Gaghan Family... I hope everything goes great for them!! Those kids took the loss pretty good!! They are a good sportsmanship family...

They went out with class, Cheers to the Gaghan Family... I hope everything goes great for them!! Those kids took the loss pretty good!! They are good a sportsmanship family...

that they did

I was so proud of this family for their strength, perseverance, self control, and class. From what I observed, mom and dad are setting exemplary examples for their children. I wish they could have gone further, but that's the way the game goes sometimes.

why should it have been the weavers? they beat them to the mat

You took the words right out of my mouth. I agree. . . "WHY THE WEAVERS"??? The way everyone is picking on this family is making me root for them more & more. I just don't get where the hostility is coming from. So they stay to themselves. IT IS A COMPETITION. Every team is gonna have to look out for themselves at some point. Leave this poor family alone.

Well, I'm sorry to see these guys go! They were fine examples of how to play the game, and how to remain decent human beings through out the whole thing. Maybe I'm wrong, but Mom and Dad seemed like they would have behaved this way, even if there kids had not been with them. They were just great. I believe I made a smart-mouthed comment about them being 'kid-bots' earlier. Well, I take it back, and apologize. They seem like an awesome family, who did an awesome job. They should be very proud of themselves, and I give the producers of AR props for including this nice, normal, truly decent family in their race this time!

They went out with class, Cheers to the Gaghan Family... I hope everything goes great for them!! Those kids took the loss pretty good!! They are good a sportsmanship family...

LMMFAO

Well, I'm sorry to see these guys go! They were fine examples of how to play the game, and how to remain decent human beings through out the whole thing. Maybe I'm wrong, but Mom and Dad seemed like they would have behaved this way, even if there kids had not been with them. They were just great. I believe I made a smart-mouthed comment about them being 'kid-bots' earlier. Well, I take it back, and apologize. They seem like an awesome family, who did an awesome job. They should be very proud of themselves, and I give the producers of AR props for including this nice, normal, truly decent family in their race this time!

I second that emotion. They started growing on me from like two shows ago, but last night they stole my heart completely. Not only were they extremely supporting and sweet to each other, they were also the only ones not scheming against the Weavers. So sad to see them go :(

. . . "WHY THE WEAVERS"??? The way everyone is picking on this family is making me root for them more & more. I just don't get where the hostility is coming from. So they stay to themselves. IT IS A COMPETITION. Every team is gonna have to look out for themselves at some point. Leave this poor family alone.

DITTO :angry: !!!