Sign in to follow this  
Phil-o-mania

The Bransen Family

cbs.com

The Bransen Family ~ Park Ridge, Illinois

Bransen2.jpg

Father and His Three Grown Daughters: Lindsay, 20,

Walter, 51, Elizabeth, 25 and Lauren, 22.

The Bransen Family team, from Park Ridge, Illinois, is made up of a father and his three daughters, who once appeared together in a Pert shampoo commercial several years ago.

Walter, 51, the self-proclaimed leader of the group, has been married for 31 years. He works as a CFO and is a native of Chicago. The proud dad of five children, Walter describes himself as being reserved and analytical. He is also a history buff in regards to anything about Abraham Lincoln and belongs to the Abraham Lincoln Association.

Elizabeth, 25, is the oldest daughter. She recently obtained a Masters in Social Work from the University of Illinois. Elizabeth describes herself as personable and trustworthy and has a fear of heights. She and Walter have similar personalities and sometimes their stubbornness can cause friction between the two.

Lauren, 22, recently earned a Bachelor's Degree in Communications and Business Management from Hope College. Punctual and adaptable, Lauren admits she can be impatient.

Lindsay, 20, is the youngest of the sisters. Currently, she's enrolled at Hope College, also majoring in Social Work. Lindsay complains that her older sisters are always telling her what to do.

The Bransens are well-traveled and eager to compete on "The Amazing Race" as a family for the chance to win the $1 million prize.

This is the only family that nobody's talked about :):o

I thought they would be more popular - very clean-cut nice midwestern family. They kind of remind me of the Gores minus Tipper.

Don't seem them making it more than halfway though. They seem to be more about enjoying the ride than getting to the destination in first place. But I kind of like that. :)

There's nothing to say IMO, they weren't showed because they werent rude, and they weren't spectacular

I like em all right...lots of teams to root for this season :) which is good. i just hope the team I don't like doesn't leave too soon

I like em all right...lots of teams to root for this season :) which is good. i just hope the team I don't like doesn't leave too soon

I agree Neb, I've never liked so many teams so fast lol. There is only ONE team at the moment that I DO NOT like

I am starting to really like Wally and the girls. Hope they last a long time! And that was an awesome prize they got for coming first. Go Team Bransen!!! :D:D

Well since no one has commented much on this family let me...

Tonight one of the girls, you know the blonde bimbo with the big beaver teeth (that narrows it down to 1 of 3 sisters) said that when she hears "Alabama" she thinks "ugly" <_< & the heart-attack-waiting-to-happen father agreed. Well I am from Alabama (which is nicknamed Alabama the Beautiful) & I take offense at that. Alabama is a great place & all of our migrated yanks will attest.

I hope this biggoted family gets their butt kicked back to Illinois the beautiful very soon.

BTW--we do wear shoes most days here in Alabama :blink:

I like the girls!! The moons were classic!! Dad has a good sense of ha ha!! He does need to pick up the pace a little bit...

Back to back first place finishes are pretty good!!

not much to really say about this family. i was surprised that they were able to win back to back first place finishes on a leg.

I really think Wally is going to hold this team back..if it was a 4th sister, I bet they'd be doing much better

but they are doing good anyways (my second fav team!)...very respecful of the other teams :)

I really think Wally is going to hold this team back..if it was a 4th sister, I bet they'd be doing much better but they are doing good anyways (my second fav team!)...very respecful of the other teams :)

He is definitely the weak link on the team but his daughters don't get flustered very easily so even when he falters they seem to hold it together so that's a good sign. I would like to see them racing the Linz family to the mat in the end.

This is the dark-horse team. I think most of us are kind of pleasantly surprised that they lasted to the final four, and are still racing.

The women were drivind Dad up the wall last night, so he had his little mini-breakdown and they just

kept truckin'-------

Was glad they weren't eliminated!

I can't tell the sisters apart though!

Just giving The Bransen Family a little love here at Morty's. Nothing much to add at present but I just felt sorry for this poor team not getting any attention since November 9th. Isn't this the family whose father said they were more like Switzerland? I like that! I don't see them getting all that involved in the melodrama of the other teams. They seem focused on the prize. I still haven't picked a favorite but this team is looking like a frontrunner.

This would be my favorite team... except the dad is just sooooo negative. I don't recall anyone playing AR before being so pessimistic? He's like this boring, lazy, under the surface angry man... I just don't care for him on this team.

But, I like the girls and I guess with the teams we have left... liking 3 or the 4 team members is pretty good. So, I talked myself into rooting for them to win. :)

I'm pretty indifferent of the Weavers. Liked them at first because they were being bashed and lied about unjustly. But, as time has gone on they've done just as many "ugly" things as the other two teams that I don't like (Linz and Gowldewski 's) However, I do like that the Weavers are supportive to each other and act more mature than the sisters do towards each other.

Linz's have gone up and down in my book but, mainly down. Yeah the guys are cute and all but that's no reason to root for them as what comes out of their mouths is, sometimes, really ugly.

That leaves the Godwleski girls. Ummm... what can I say... imo, no redeeming qualities about this team. In fact, they hardly work as a team at all... I have empathy for the one sister that's getting picked on all the time but, I'm sure this isn't new to her. She's been growing up with these sisters that are obviously jealous that she's prettier and skinner and got more attention as a child. (my psych. 101 opinion...lol)

So, my order

Bransens

Weavers

Linz

Godwleski

Edited by CeCiMom

This would be my favorite team... except the dad is just sooooo negative. I don't recall anyone playing AR before being so pessimistic? He's like this boring, lazy, under the surface angry man... I just don't care for him on this team.

But, I like the girls and I guess with the teams we have left... liking 3 or the 4 team members is pretty good. So, I talked myself into rooting for them to win. :)

I'm pretty indifferent of the Weavers. Liked them at first because they were being bashed and lied about unjustly. But, as time has gone on they've done just as many "ugly" things as the other two teams that I don't like (Linz and Gowldewski 's) However, I do like that the Weavers are supportive to each other and act more mature than the sisters do towards each other.

Linz's have gone up and down in my book but, mainly down. Yeah the guys are cute and all but that's no reason to root for them as what comes out of their mouths is, sometimes, really ugly.

That leaves the Gowledski girls. Ummm... what can I say... imo, no redeeming qualities about this team. In fact, they hardly work as a team at all... I have empathy for the one sister that's getting picked on all the time but, I'm sure this isn't new to her. She's been growing up with these sisters that are obviously jealous that she's prettier and skinner and got more attention as a child. (my psych. 101 opinion...lol)

So, my order

Bransens

Weavers

Linz

Gowdleski

I agree with you CeCi and the way these boards are going lately

This would be my favorite team... except the dad is just sooooo negative. I don't recall anyone playing AR before being so pessimistic? He's like this boring, lazy, under the surface angry man... I just don't care for him on this team...

...Linz's have gone up and down in my book but, mainly down. Yeah the guys are cute and all but that's no reason to root for them as what comes out of their mouths is, sometimes, really ugly...

So, my order

Bransens

Weavers

Linz

Godwleski

Really good post Ceci! I also like the Branson team minus the father, for the same reasons you stated. The Weavers I'm rooting for cuz I think they work good together and... I'm a sucker for the "underdog". I feel the same way you do about the Linzs. The Goldweski sisters, well, I can't get pass the older one's bossy-know-it-all-condescending attitude, and the one that cries all the time, and the other one that needs to be validated every second...These are grown women for cheese sake!...ugh! I guess they're my least favorite LOL!

My order (as if you cared LOL!),

Bransen-Weaver (tie)

Linz

-

-

-

Goldweski :P

Edited by Soyyo

they are in a good position socially, the no team is 'out to get them'

MY order:

Linz

Bransen

Godlewski

Wally and the girls deserve to win it all!!!

And, I'm just gonna go ahead and put it out there...

This is a blanket proposal--

Elizabeth/Lauren/Lindsay, you're intelligence, humor and inner harmony is only matched by your outward poise and beauty. You would make me the happiest man on the planet if you would do me the honor of becoming my wife.

GO BRANSENS!!!! :wub: