Hurricane Katrina

Stargazer

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone stay safe...and pray...I am stuck in Slidell and guess I have to ride out the hurricane...I pray it's not as bad as they say...luckily the brunt isnt' expected until Monday...I guess we will probably lose power when the winds start...the weather people are scaring the crap out of me...I hate hurricanes so much..they should just stay in the water and leave the land alone...

Pharm and Jinx I hope you are both okay....heart ya..

Guest ranster627

It is looking bleak now with the Mandatory evacuations, be safe everyone and check in here when you can safely report the storm has passed!

My prayers are with all of you!

Been on the phone with Pharm as much as I can this morning ... she is getting ready to go somewhere else... Nawlins Girl I told you to get you butt to a shelter dont make me beat you... Jinx I hope you are evacuated or something girl...Gaytor I am sure you sneak in to read I know you have to I hope you are safe no matter what we all get mad about we are all still thinking of everyone we know from online who is in trouble right now

My thoughts and prayers go out to all in the path.

Stay safe and check in when you get a chance.

We may have had differences amongst ourselves on the boards from time to time but times like this it erases everything.....take care all and can't wait to see you back.;

My thoughts and prayers go out to all in the path.

Stay safe and check in when you get a chance.

We may have had differences amongst ourselves on the boards from time to time but times like this it erases everything.....take care all and can't wait to see you back.;

Dade couldnt have said it better myself.....be safe people! our prayers are with you!!

Been watching CNN and the Weather Channel most of the afternoon.

Katrina looks like One Nasty lady.

Please stay safe... and even after she's passed ... watch out for the flood areas.

My prayers are with all our posters in the Gulf area in her path and as she heads North.

I know this isn't TV related, but I'm in Mississippi and I know there are a lot of people from the New Orleans are who post and read these boards too...so I'm humbly asking for prayers and positive thoughts for all of us in the path of Hurricane Katrina.

I went through Hurricane Camille as a child, and remember it all too well. Katrina is liken to Camille, and at this point, even stronger. I'm in central Mississippi and we are expecting sustained winds of 60-70 mph with gust of possibly up to 100 mph here...if that's any idicator of what people further south will have to suffer through, then you can imagine that it is not going to be a very pretty scene. New Orleans will be wiped out. One National Weather Service report even noted that tall buildings in New Orleans will sway back and forth, and that storm surge will bring in 30 ft. of water...which will completely flood New Orleans out. This is serious business for these folks, not just during the storm, but afterwards when thousands will be left homeless, and in the case of many, jobless as well. I don't dare touch on the number of lives that will be lost due to this storm.

So please, if you are a believer, if you would take the time to offer up one small prayer for all of us, it would be most appreciated. And if you're not a believer, a positive thought or sending of positive energy would also be greatly appreciated. Good luck to all of the folks who read these boards from affected areas, and God bless each of you for thinking of us through this time.

Was able to watch some CNN aerial shots they were able to take after some of it passed when I got in from work this evening.

UNBELIEVABLE !

Hope our posters are able to check in before too long.

My prayers are still with you all.

Guest ranster627

This is very distressing but I thought you should all know, hundreds are feared dead in Mississippi. The Governor of Louisiana is not pondering a complete evacuation of New Orleans as 80% of the city is flooded or flooding ... please report in if you are from there and let us know you are safe, or report on old friends for us so we can have our minds put at ease ...

Just talked to mjrdbblovers2 in chat...they live about just south of New Orleans and evacuated to FL...they are fine.

Guest ranster627

thanks! any word on Jinx or others?

anyone talking to nawlinsgirl please send my love and tell her I was asking about her!

Nawlins called today but I was away from home.. Hubby answered said it was hard to hear her but she is breathing :) I am hoping she will try calling me back of course I tried to call the pay phone back and was gonna tell whoever answered that payphone to tell Nawlinsgal to get her butt to the phone :D Will tell her you miss her Ranster...

Now if we would just hear about Jinx and Dimples.

Thanks everyone for their concern. We are fine here. Had little damage. New Orleans is completely devestated. A very distressing time for those in our state.

My home town has been overwhelmed with evacuees that are now homeless. Everyone here is doing what we can to help. Donating time and money or whatever the greatest need is.

I'm so glad to hear our friend Nawlins is safe. She has been in my thoughts for days. I hope Jinx and Gaytor are safe as well and able to return to us soon.

I know alot of you may feel helpless and want to contribute. I URGE you to PLEASE contact the American Red Cross or FEMA. There is so much that needs to be done.

There is always an upside to any tragedy. My faith has been fully restored in humanity. I stood in line with dozens of people today waiting to volunteer or donate items. Makes you really appreciate what you have.

God Bless all the victims of Katrina, in my state and others that have been affected.

pharm/julie

I talked to serenity now and saw that gaytor is doing fine.....was a bit of flooding where his house his not any major damage as of this morning....but with flooding more we don't know since it was flooded a couple of blocks away i believe she said.......

Pharmgirl and Nawlins.... so glad we know you're OK.

Hope our other family members here at Morty's check in soon.

I was only in the Big Easy once... but fell in love with it.

It's unbelievable what I'm seeing on TV about Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi and Florida.

I'll defenitley be donating. Wish I was close by to see if I could help in some way.

.... after I posted... I saw that Gaytor is accounted for.

Hey ...I dont come here much AT all... but I thought I would and see who's all accounted for after the distruction of Katrina. Some of you may remember me ...its been a while since I hung out on mortys boards... though there was a day in time I was more than a regular....

Anyway... glad to hear all are safe... my 19 yr daughter and her 21yr husband and their 4 month old son, live in gulfport/biloxi and i have yet to hear from them.

was hoping you could all do your "thing" and what with prayers and positive thinking maybe I will hear from them soon. I have put a call into the red cross and there is nothing more I can do.

Thanks...

femmechick/kelly

Archived