Dan, Week 11 (HoH - Part 1) 2nd Place $50,000

CeCiMom

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm NOT ignoring it, it sounds like something Jenn would say........and I don't buy it.

So many people just can't get over the fact that Dan lost b/c he played too hard and forgot that there is a jury at the end of the game... I think Dan lost Jenn's vote when he started being a douche to Ian during jury ?s segment.

Here is part of an interview Brit did in regards to voting for Ian and how bitter the jury was:

TheInsider.com: Were you surprised Ian won by so much?

Britney Haynes: I was not surprised. The thing about the jury is it always flips on somebody – this jury was never going to vote for Dan, whether he was up against Danielle or up against Ian. This was the most bitter jury in the history of juries. I am not kidding you, this jury hated Dan so bad. They could have Dan up against a bottle of ketchup and the bottle of ketchup would have won this game. The hatred of Dan was on a whole new level I've never seen. Bitter is an understatement.

Insider.com: So why did you vote for Ian?

Britney: I voted for Ian because I think he played a very good game. We were close in the house and obviously working together. He's a mega fan of the show, has an amazing attitude and was happy to be here every day. Every day in this house has been like a dream for him and winning BB is just making his whole life right now. Not for nothing, Dan played a great game, but he's won this game before. He's got half a mill in the bank and this was Ian's turn. Dan played a phenomenal game, but Ian played a winning game as well.

People can say whatever they want about Dan but he has been the most gracious, grounded person in the cast since he got out of the house - and had the most entertaining interviews. He's not an idiot that "forgot there was a jury" at the end of the game. He misjudged the jury's perceptions of the F3, he lost the final HOH, he rushed out a jury speech and didn't quite hit the mark, but this jury had their minds made up before the Q&A/Speeches. Either way, Dan recognizes his mistakes and gives Ian credit where credit is due - and he's not bitter like some others.

Yes, a big part of this game is getting the votes at the end - obviously. That doesn't change the fact that Dan played a phenomenal game. He didn't bring home the big prize but he made this season worth watching and I'm still misted. ;)

I think he would have lost anyway but he did not handle the Q and A and last speeches well at all. Seemed all over the place and constantly interrupting Ian with snide comments or exaggerated gestures/rolling of the eyes. He spoke second. His argument against Ian should have been at the very end of his speech where Ian would have no time to react not in the beginning or in his responses to the Q and A. He should have streed his own deeds and frankly owned up to the backdoors. You all got got and did not even ee it coming, That's how good I am. He just might have gotten another vote or two. I can honestly say this is the first time I recall being very satisfied with the final four finished although it would have been interesting how Dan played it had he NOT backdoored Shane.

I think that Dan could have promised each juror:

1. A trip to the moon.

2. $25,000

3. A Cartier Love Bracelet

4. Diamond studs

5. An all-inclusive trip to the Dominican Republic

and they would have turned him down because they finally got Dan's number. Finally.

Howya, Dan. :D

Insider.com: So why did you vote for Ian?

Britney: I voted for Ian because I think he played a very good game. We were close in the house and obviously working together. He's a mega fan of the show, has an amazing attitude and was happy to be here every day. Every day in this house has been like a dream for him and winning BB is just making his whole life right now. Not for nothing, Dan played a great game, but he's won this game before. He's got half a mill in the bank and this was Ian's turn. Dan played a phenomenal game, but Ian played a winning game as well.

This isn't Make A Wish Foundation, it's Big Brother. Jeez, I expected more from Britney.

Shane says "I could care less if I never see Dan or talk to him again. I will eventually forgive him, but he just took $500k away from me that I was going to use to take my family out of bankruptcy and that's hard"

Shane says "I could care less if I never see Dan or talk to him again. I will eventually forgive him, but he just took $500k away from me that I was going to use to take my family out of bankruptcy and that's hard"

Dan is going to be heartsick upon reading this. I'm sure that he was planning on having Shane as a regular houseguest. Who knew that BB14 was an earmarked Shane win? Not to kick a man when he is down (down down down down) but somehow I am not surprised that Shane is under water on his house flipping.

Good picture. Ian looks kinda handsome and Dan running out of mist... :lol:

23jpgrt.jpg

Likely scenario: Immediately after this photo was taken, Dan convinced Ian to sign the check over to him. :lol:

How DARE Dan try to win that money for himself! I really thought he was there just to write a check to Shane!

I think he would have lost anyway but he did not handle the Q and A and last speeches well at all. Seemed all over the place and constantly interrupting Ian with snide comments or exaggerated gestures/rolling of the eyes. He spoke second. His argument against Ian should have been at the very end of his speech where Ian would have no time to react not in the beginning or in his responses to the Q and A. He should have streed his own deeds and frankly owned up to the backdoors. You all got got and did not even ee it coming, That's how good I am. He just might have gotten another vote or two. I can honestly say this is the first time I recall being very satisfied with the final four finished although it would have been interesting how Dan played it had he NOT backdoored Shane.

I'm glad you brought that up because you reminded me. When Dan interrupted Ian's first question, Julie chastised him but Ian was interrupting Dan constantly and was never told to stop. Let's at least be real and truthful here.

I'm glad you brought that up because you reminded me. When Dan interrupted Ian's first question, Julie chastised him but Ian was interrupting Dan constantly and was never told to stop. Let's at least be real and truthful here.

They were both making short, snide comments through each other's speeches. I think the reason Julie got pissed at Dan the first time was because he was starting to give his own counter-speech.

I think that his speech did him in but according to Britany he was going to lose regardless. So I guess i was wrong. I think the jury was bitter but I also think that either one of the 2 deserved to win. They both played a great game. Just because Ian wasn't as brutel as Dan doesn't mean that he did not play a good game. How much do the houseguests make over the course of the summer if they stay and are in the jury does anyone know? I would think that its not a huge amount of money but its more than I make sitting at my computer at work. I would think Shane would be able to help his family with his stipen. I don't like people to assume they are automatically winning and I do not think Shane stood a chance but I could be wrong..,,

How DARE Dan try to win that money for himself! I really thought he was there just to write a check to Shane!

Plus remember him saying to Danielle that they would get Dan to help with Jury speech. Would have loved to see Dan face when Shane asked for help for Danielle and himself.

I think that A's fav can also go to a winner, so I do not think that was a factor in frank winnning. I admired Dan's abililty to sway people and blind side, but for all that he is an adult, he loves to stir the pot and get people upset while he just watches and laughs without them knowing he did it deliberately. I think everyone finally got that as his MO and that was what made them so angry. They were not so much bitter that he had done to them, they were angry that he had acted as he did. I think they finally put it all together esp when danielle asked if he was going to take her. And i do not think Dan threw the last comp. It would be hard to throw that given its random quality.

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name