Dan, Week 11 (HoH - Part 1) 2nd Place $50,000

CeCiMom

Dan did not "adapt".....he's on record & video tape telling his family he will do ANYTHING to win this time......and he has..... nothing wrong with it but let's not pretend it's some magica. mystical feat

Also. puleeze........no one goes into this game and pretends to be someone they are not in the real world unless they are a hired actor. Dan has exposed himself for who he IS.......to think he can be someone in BB that he is not in the real world really is magical, mystical thinking.

Totally disagree.

I play poker and when I sit down to a table I use many ploys to win a hand. ie, bluffing, flirting, joking, get to know them on a personal level, read someones "tells"... that's how you play the game. Bluffing (or lying) is a huge part of the game. It's knowing when to make that move that it counts. When you have money in the middle of the table and the only way to get it back is the size of your bet (bluff/lie) then that's what you do to win. It's strategic and that's how you WIN the money... same with BB.

Dan has told Danielle, Ian, heck everyone that the only way to play this game is to check your heart/emotions at the door. BECAUSE IT'S A GAME and NOT real life.

There's a saying in poker... I bluff but, I never lie. At the table you make moves to win that you wouldn't do in your real life. I know that's how it is for me and most of the men, women I've played against over the years. Someone bluffs me out of a pot, I'll shake his hand and tell them nice play. In real life if you lied your way through a "deal" then you wouldn't have much business for long.

Dan won his season for doing what you need to do in this game. Lie, manipulate, etc. and he is as close to a win as he can be at this point this time around. Doesn't mean he's a liar, manipulator in his real life... it means he knows how to play THIS game and win. And, the reason the 100 + people that haven't won this game is because they didn't do the same. they brought their "real" life into the game instead of playing to win!!!

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, how Dan played the game isn't an issue. When you go into the house, you have to do a lot of things you wouldn't do in your real life. And the people in the house are not your family or friends, they start out as strangers and while some of them may become friends, they are still your competitors and you have to defeat them if you want to win.

My dislike for Dan comes from him gleefully charging into the game with the newbies, having not only his direct experience in the game but the years since his season that he spent studing the game and writing books on the game. It is like sending the star senior linebacker in to play with the freshmen.

I'll admit, I can't get over the start of this season with BB not only BSing the HGs about the "coaches", but also feeding us that bull and then doing the america's vote, pretending it wasn't their agenda the whole time.

I'm trying to figure out how to phrase this in a nice way so I hope I do okay. I know you have a right to your opinion but it seems like you are saying the same thing over and over. I get that you think Dan is a horrible, immoral person. Many people don't agree. Many people feel this is a game and everyone in this game has lied, made fake alliances, etc, etc and that it's not only "not against the rules" to do this, it's pretty much expected. I'm one of those people. I have no issue with Dan, Joe, Britney, Danielle, Frank or any of the other players in this game lying.

I'm not saying Dan is a perfect person but I don't think he'd say he is, either. I also don't think he would go onto a message board and bash someone else's character constantly because they were playing a reality TV game and told lies to get to the end. He seems like hes a pretty good guy in his life outside this game and I am guessing he has lots of friends and a really good family. I don't think he'd read many of the posts like this after the game, or that he'd care if he saw one.

I guess I just don't know what you're trying to prove or who you're trying to prove it to by constantly bashing Dan's character and why you even watch reality TV if you feel so offended by the behavior.

Actually, it's what I call the "reality" check on Dan. And frankly it's refreshing to see. I realize you call it "bashing" but it's no different from comments that have been directed at many

of the houseguests (Frank certainly got his share....). Does it get old? Yeah sometimes. But I find there are many, many, many more posts directed at Dan in the OTHER direction.

The Dan Kool-Aid never ends. But as you point out, what do you expect? It's a message board for Big Brother discussion ad nauseum.

Actually, it's what I call the "reality" check on Dan. And frankly it's refreshing to see. I realize you call it "bashing" but it's no different from comments that have been directed at many

of the houseguests (Frank certainly got his share....). Does it get old? Yeah sometimes. But I find there are many, many, many more posts directed at Dan in the OTHER direction.

The Dan Kool-Aid never ends. But as you point out, what do you expect? It's a message board for Big Brother discussion ad nauseum.

Actually, I'd call it trolling :hide:

Seriously? Just because some members of Morty's have a different perspective and aren't Dan lovers? I thought there was room for us all here.

Of course there is but like Spikes_luv said, you keep reiterating the same points. You haven't been happy since Frank left and I think it's a case of sour grapes directed at Dan and all the people who admire him for his game play. We get it that you don't like Dan.

But like you said, there's room for everyone here. I'll just skim over your posts and you can do the same to me.

I think you're getting me confused with another poster. While I am a Frank fan, I haven't posted that much at Morty's in the last couple of weeks.

And actually, we get it that you love Dan. But isn't that the whole point of a discussion forum? To exchange viewpoints rather than having yours

constantly reinforced?

I suggest you quit with the attacks on those of us who have a differing perspective from yours.

I think you're getting me confused with another poster. While I am a Frank fan, I haven't posted that much at Morty's in the last couple of weeks.

And actually, we get it that you love Dan. But isn't that the whole point of a discussion forum? To exchange viewpoints rather than having yours

constantly reinforced?

I suggest you quit with the attacks on those of us who have a differing perspective from yours.

I apologize if I confused you with another poster.

Seriously? Just because some members of Morty's have a different perspective and aren't Dan lovers? I thought there was room for us all here.

I think there is a distinction to be made though. It's one thing to have an opinion and state it, but when someone keeps harping on the same thing over and over it is easy to see how it can be seen as something else. It doesn't leave much room for discussion, which is what I come here for.

I think I posted one week about Dan being like he is in the big brother house and I will take that back. If he is like this in real life I do not see him having the job he has or the wife he has. I am not a Dan fan and wasn't a Dan fan his first season either. Do I personally think he crossed a line yes, but that is my opinion and I would not in a reality show swear on my husband or the bible I know that that is debatable on just what he swore on but anyway my point is I would not do that. I know this is a game and I live the lies and backstabbing and blindsides as much as the next person. He has not broken any rules and has played the game. I will give him credit for that. Do I think he deserves to be in the final 2 absolutely. I hope it's him and Ian because I think they are the 2 people that played the best game. Ian's game was not in your face like Dan's was but Ian has played this game. He was loyal to the people he chose to play with. So the jury while they are all hating on Dan should really be kicking themselves for keeping him in the game. Frank should get over himself he is the one that could have evicted Dan twice. I think with Ian and Dan it will be interesting to see how the vote goes. I really don't want Danielle there I think she will be crushed when Dan points out to the jury that she did everything he told her to. Maybe on second thought that would be worth watching!!! Just kidding I think that an Ian and Dan final 2 would be one of the first times in big brother that the final 2 would be players that are both deserving and played with completely opposite strategies.

All for a Dan/Ian final. Curious to see if they vote game or bitterness. I do feel a bit sorry for Danielle, but she will just have to realize it is all game play when they get out. Dan has orchestrated this game from the beginning. I am rooting for Ian, but could live with a Dan win. One of the most entertaining BB's I have watched so far. Lots better than the seasons everybody votes the same. Cant believe the summer is gone already.

Still baffled as to why Dan doesn't want to take Dani. Surely he's got the skills to convince most of them that he deserves it over her, but Ian is a serious contender. Is he loathe to have to point out that he was behind almost everything she did and in doing so belittle her?

Still baffled as to why Dan doesn't want to take Dani. Surely he's got the skills to convince most of them that he deserves it over her, but Ian is a serious contender. Is he loathe to have to point out that he was behind almost everything she did and in doing so belittle her?

Because Dan doesn't get to see what we see, he may believe that she has friends in the jury. He does a great job of manipulating Dani, and his mood change tonight is classic Dan. Dani is so happy to yap, yap, yap &

"explain " things to Dan.

Dan will take Danl because he has sworn that he will do anything to get the win. Have I missed something? Has he really changed his mind and how the heck can you tell ? LOL I think he started poor me=ing himself as a shitty player to elicit Danl's sympathy instead of letting her go on about herself. It is a distraction. Again he is manipulating her, and in this case, it is a good thing.

Yay - less then 48 hours left. Still not sure who Dan would take if he won part 3. I think is it Ian but not sure.

I think Dan is probably going to get 2nd place. I do think he will carry the title as the best BB player ever. He has played circles around Dr. Will.

Dan has really worked hard to get where he is. He had to change up his game often and he had to really work some of the people. :pixiedust: :pixiedust:

Go Dan!

I'm trying to figure out how to phrase this in a nice way so I hope I do okay. I know you have a right to your opinion but it seems like you are saying the same thing over and over. I get that you think Dan is a horrible, immoral person. Many people don't agree. Many people feel this is a game and everyone in this game has lied, made fake alliances, etc, etc and that it's not only "not against the rules" to do this, it's pretty much expected. I'm one of those people. I have no issue with Dan, Joe, Britney, Danielle, Frank or any of the other players in this game lying.

I'm not saying Dan is a perfect person but I don't think he'd say he is, either. I also don't think he would go onto a message board and bash someone else's character constantly because they were playing a reality TV game and told lies to get to the end. He seems like hes a pretty good guy in his life outside this game and I am guessing he has lots of friends and a really good family. I don't think he'd read many of the posts like this after the game, or that he'd care if he saw one.

I guess I just don't know what you're trying to prove or who you're trying to prove it to by constantly bashing Dan's character and why you even watch reality TV if you feel so offended by the behavior.

I totally agree. Some of the Dan bashers should just watch the 700 Club and leave the reality shows to us pagans.

I think a lot of people on here are bias to particular players... and there is nothing wrong with that. I think some people watch the show and like the "good" guys and despise the "bad" guys because of their lies, backstabbing, ect. And others see it as just entertainment... and "bad" guys definitely make the show more entertaining, so they are attracted to those players. Personally I like the "bad" guys. This is the first season I have watched BB and I instantly liked Boogie and Frank. I hated Dan so much for how he screwed Boogie and especially how he screwed Frank. I was most disappointed because after Frank left I had no one to root for. Now that Dan has become all "evil" and the master manipulator, I have to say he has made the show worth watching for me the last few weeks. And even though he screwed over my boys, I am rooting 100% for Dan.

I have to go way back towards the beginning of this game and quote Mike Boogie. He said the house was full of amateurs that had no idea how to play this game. And mine was he right!!! Dan has single handedly controlled the house since the coaches came back into the game. He basically controlled Danielle's, Ian's, and even one of Shane's HOH reigns and got them to send out who he wanted. Once Britany was sent home, Dan was left with 3 of the most easily manipulated (Shane, Danielle, and Ian) people in the whole house

Think back to all the evictions since the coaches came back in, almost every single one has benefited Dan. Silent six gets Janelle out, leaving her players (Wil, Ashley, and Joe) stuck as floaters. The next week Frank upholds the silent six deal and they vote out Wil. Then Shane wins HOH and the axe Boogie. Ian wins the HOH during the first double eviction, and Dan tells him he has to put up Ashley and Frank. Frank wins veto so they get rid of Ashley (Frank's only ally). Then Frank wins HOH and now Dan is doomed. Nope he pulls off a masterplan to get himself off the block and get Britany out. The the next week he makes Frank feel safe and gets him out. Then Dan wins HOH and people think he wasted it by getting Joe out... but did he really? At the time Joe was the only player left that would have put Dan up on the block. They get Jenn out. Then Dan somehow convinces Danielle's naive ass to take him off the block so he could take Shane (the physical threat) out and almost guarantee him a spot in the F2. If Danielle doesn't use the veto last week the roles would have been reversed and she would have almost guaranteed herself a spot in the F2.

And now these last few days he's got Danielle yelling at Ian telling him that she will taint the jury. Dan knows that this will either piss Ian off or some how scare him into throwing the last HOH comp. Either way he is solidify his spot in the F2. And now last night he throws a pity party for himself to Danielle and shit eats it up. Now Danielle is feeling sorry for Dan, when he is really just trying to capture some jury votes in case he does end up in the F2 with Ian.

Dan has owned this game and deserves to win. The only reasons people on the jury would not vote for Dan to win is because of personal feelings, the fact that Dan was a coach, or the fact that Dan has already won BB before. And in my opinion none of those are good reasons not to vote for someone. In the end it is a game, he played the game the best, he deserves to win.

Dan will take Danl because he has sworn that he will do anything to get the win. Have I missed something? Has he really changed his mind and how the heck can you tell ? LOL I think he started poor me=ing himself as a shitty player to elicit Danl's sympathy instead of letting her go on about herself. It is a distraction. Again he is manipulating her, and in this case, it is a good thing.

Dan had mentioned while talking to himself that it'd be insane for him to throw the last part of the final HoH ... But he might just have to

I think Ian is going to win ... But I really hope the best game player wins and that is without a doubt the best player to ever step foot in that house Dan and his Mist and clearly the best players!

Depending on the how the jury feels and how bitter they are towards Dan

Ian wins the sympathy votes

Dani wins the popular votes

Dan wins the best game player

Get on board with Dan and Memphis reunion ... The Renegades on The Amazing Race! It's going on Twitter ... Be great to see how they manipulate people into letting them pass them :)

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name