Ian, Week 11 (HoH - Part 2 & 3) WINNER OF BB14, $500,000

CeCiMom

That is what I was talking about too.... it was pathetic... he is pathetic... I wish the feeds were available to everyone for free (I know that is stupid & will never happen) But then all the Ian fans could see what he is REALLY like.

NOT true... my sons (age 22 & age 19) would NEVER refer to every woman as useless... never...

At least not in your presence . . .

Granted I didn't see the Ian clip but could it be he was using that comment in the context of the game? Some of these people are "useless".

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I respect your opinion regarding Dan but still disagree. I think the coaches were at an unfair disadvantage for the reasons I previously stated.

As far as the generalization, I disagree as well and I am firmly against lumping any particular group into a stereotype based on generalizations of any sort. I spoke for myself and my opinion on one particular incident. I did not speak for all Americans nor did I speak against all people in their underwear. If I were to have said I don't like that picture hanging on the wall does that mean I don't like art or that all Americans don't like art? If I said I don't like green beans does that mean I don't like vegetables or that all Americans don't like vegetables?

And my biggest issue with your generalization is that you are ASSUMING I'm American in the criticism of my comment. Do you know for sure you are right in that assumption? I think not, and THAT "raises my hackles". You are "imposing some standard" on an entire nationality based on the statement of one individual who may or may not be OF that nationality, which is exactly what you are claiming we "ought not" do. You are completely contradicting yourself, IMO. As a human am I not entitled to have a different opinion than you on a subject without it being a reflection on an entire age group or gender or religion or nationality (none of which you even know about me)?

Well I agree that we disagree on Dan and I had considered your point but did not feel that weighed like the argument I put forth. So that is just a disagreement. No sweat has to do with perception of which is more onerous.

No I do not know that you are of the US. So I apologize if you felt smeared by the generalization origninally, but I admitted your precept that you were ok with others being in underwear and asked if you just do not like Ian. We would disagree there also. I like his quirky stuff.

However I do live in the US and there is a slant against the physical "get a room" if one kisses a loved one, TMI if one says anything about one's physical reality having to do with bathroom or bedroom and some other areas also get that rejoinder. ANd lord help us if one sees a nipple a butt crack much less the entire nude bod. I just wish the country in general would grow up. Every one farts, has stuff up their nose, burps, and has other physical stuff happen and there is just nothing wrong with being a human and having those things happen and underwear is so much like bathing suit, what is the big deal? So it is not a generalization to note that there is a definite national bias on this subject. And I repeat I wish americans would get over being offended by petty stuff like seeing underwear. ANd I have noted that you have excluded yourself as being among those who do have that bias on that subject. So I asked you if you have a dislike for Ian? and for some reason you have not answered to that.

I am completely & officially OFF on the Ian train.... tried to give this jackwad a chance but after listening to his talk about Survivor last night and how he deems all the women useless & only thinks there should be women on the team with 'sex appeal', because otherwise they hinder the game.... he can bite my butt... the kid is a tool. Age has nothing to do with it... he is a dweeb.

I did not hear that can you give the time it happened so I can look it up?

Regarding Ian, I honestly think he is a general example of men his age in the US (with some variations, naturally). Men usually do not say the words out loud in front of women but if you listen to talk radio (not conservative) there are a great number of men who disregard the value of a woman and it is promoted constantly.

While I am a Dan fan, I have stated that I would prefer for Ian to win rather than Danielle because at least Ian played the game. At the same time I DO worry that Ian will not know how to spend the money wisely and it will be wasted in useless toys and gadgets that will be outdated in several years. While this is his prerogative, I can see his naivety turn ugly in the future. I'm sorry but I really can. He will come to a crossroads and hopefully he will be far away from people like Mike Boogie when that happens. We all know how Mike Boogie regards women.

Say what you will about Dan but I read that he offered to show Ian how he had invested the money so Ian could do likewise rather than burn through it and have it gone before he could use it to help his future. Those who would like to burn Dan in effigy should realize that he really is a good guy at heart and though he is ruthless in the game, he truly cares about Ian as a person and wants to help him make the right decisions to secure his future. Maybe he can help Ian wise up regarding women too.

Regarding Ian, I honestly think he is a general example of men his age in the US (with some variations, naturally). Men usually do not say the words out loud in front of women but if you listen to talk radio (not conservative) there are a great number of men who disregard the value of a woman and it is promoted constantly.

"Everyone else does it" is never a valid excuse in my book.

Sour grapes here from moderators of all. Another one that believes the show is "scripted". Then let's not forget that others won POV's & HOH's that may have been tailored to them. Ian happens to be a very bright young man who has watched this show for a long time. He also happens to be adept at memory as well as endurance comps. To say that comps are geared specifcally to one HG is ridiculous. It's a game show. Take it for what it is and stop with the hating.

Let's call a spade a spade ... CBS is giving Ian the perfect edit to make him America's Choice.

Ian deserves to finish 2nd this year ... I'm not sure about the jury votes though ... Ian will win the sympathy vote and there will still be some hard feelings no don't because Dan had a hand in eveyone of their evictions

Sorry, don't agree about Dan being in every eviction. Ian's two HOH's, his choices were clear and he got them both out. Dan may think he manipulated Ian, but we all know better as Frank found out. Ian is no ones puppet! He played a very social and strategic game and deserves to win.

"Everyone else does it" is never a valid excuse in my book.

I'm not excusing it. Just stating what I believe to be true that he is like a lot of men. He just happened to get caught on live feeds saying it. He is a result (sadly) of the culture in which we live in where a persons worth is often measured by their appearance. I'm angrier at society than I am at the kid who has been influenced by it. I wouldn't even let my children watch shows that had children portrayed as "smarter" than their parents because I did not want them to think they knew it all and to respect their elders. At the same time, I do disrespect Danielle's game because she has really only been Dan's puppet. Ian was also a puppet for Dan but not 100% of the time. LOL Yet another reason why I am rooting for Dan to win. But Ian should get 2nd place in my book.

The shark maze.

I definitely agree with CeciMom... obviously AG switched to Dan & Ian once it was impossible to keep Frank in the house...

Mazes are not geared to anyone. Ian was just smart enough to check out the patterns before hand which is what anyone who does puzzles would have done if they had the same sense. Jenn was not far behind him, so it was just a matter of how quickly one could pick up the route not that the game was geared to one HG over another.

How in the hell did Danielle win that comp? Something smells rotten Grodnerville.

LOL, you mean that that comp wasn't geared to favour Ian? How scandalous!

Ian has watched this game since he was a child, and he actually threw a finals comp, he must really believe that Dan is taking him final 2, but it seems like most everything Dan has done has also protected his player from the start, and let's be honest how great would it be to get both Dan and Danielle to the end for a real life coach to not only get himself but the single player he had left after the 1st week? There is no way I would throw that comp regardless of what Dan had to say.

And if anyone here was listening, Ian said his foot got caught on something when they got dunked. That caused him to lose his balance. I don't really believe that Ian would be so naive as to believe Dan would take him anywhere considering it has been obvious from the start that Dan has had an agreement with Danielle.

I for one don't believe he threw the comp...think he lost his balance...am worried about his mental health without "his" hammock, "I want my hammock, my hammock, my hammock". Thought he was going to lose it; maybe they should move it inside for him.

Quotes about his "mental health" are out of line. People with ADD/ADHD have minds that happen to think way ahead of the deed. If Ian needed to rock, it is understandable since that is part of the symptoms for many people with ADD/ADHD.

I caught lan saying things last night that he couldn't possibly know... like how much America dislikes Dan, that he's been playing a dispicable game, etc.

Only one way for Ian to have any inkling on how Dan (or anyone else) has played or is viewed by us, good or bad... and that's by production/DR. imo

Ian was saying those things about Dan because he heard Dan talking to Danielle after Shane's eviction. If you noticed, he used the word "scumbag" as well which is a word Dan used while trying to convince Dani he did what was best for both himself & her. I doubt that production had anything to do with it.

And I repeat I wish americans would get over being offended by petty stuff like seeing underwear. ANd I have noted that you have excluded yourself as being among those who do have that bias on that subject. So I asked you if you have a dislike for Ian? and for some reason you have not answered to that.

My answer doesn't matter to you. You are simply looking for another opportunity to repeat your inaccurate, untrue stereotypes.

I do wish Americans would get over caring about whether a person wears underwear or nothing at all

O that is a great image and it would be the coup for Ian to show he has control and is not just loyal or manipulated by elim Dan.

I'm American and proud of it. I'll state my opinion on Ian in underwear. I don't have a problem with people in underwear at all. Ian should never be on TV in underwear period! He has a disgusting body and should keep it covered, for his own good. Because I have a 58 year old body I would never prance around in underwear on tv or in my own home, because I know what my body looks like now. I'm sorry but I don't like seeing his hairy body and I don't like his moobs. I'm not going to pretend I'm ok with it because that is PC way to think. I also don't like seeing a fat body on display I think it's gross, and I Don't like seeing it. Now does he have the right to run around any way he pleases, of course he does, but I DON'T have to like it, or pretend I do! I think the majority of Americans are becoming good little citizens and only saying what is acceptable. It is getting worse with each generation. One day everyone will be afraid to state their opinion. Just like a communist country where people are so afraid of repercussions. I really hope there is enough true American spirit in the coming generations to never let that happen. But in the mean time I don't like Ians body!

Of course age has something to do with it! What occupies the thoughts of most 18 to 25 year old single heterosexual males? :P

Most young men love women and don't think of them the way Ian does. He seems to be bitter against most women. I have 2sons, 4 nephews, and a great nephew in his age range. I've heard them discussing women on shows like survivor, the amazing race and others. They all seem to have great respect for the logic some women bring to game play, and it doesn't have anything to do with their looks. Of course they start out crazy about the hot ones, but as the game progresses they root for the ones with good game play and looks have nothing to do with it. Thank god Ian's thinking is not the norm.

I'm American and proud of it. I'll state my opinion on Ian in underwear. I don't have a problem with people in underwear at all. Ian should never be on TV in underwear period! He has a disgusting body and should keep it covered, for his own good. Because I have a 58 year old body I would never prance around in underwear on tv or in my own home, because I know what my body looks like now. I'm sorry but I don't like seeing his hairy body and I don't like his moobs. I'm not going to pretend I'm ok with it because that is PC way to think. I also don't like seeing a fat body on display I think it's gross, and I Don't like seeing it. Now does he have the right to run around any way he pleases, of course he does, but I DON'T have to like it, or pretend I do! I think the majority of Americans are becoming good little citizens and only saying what is acceptable. It is getting worse with each generation. One day everyone will be afraid to state their opinion. Just like a communist country where people are so afraid of repercussions. I really hope there is enough true American spirit in the coming generations to never let that happen. But in the mean time I don't like Ians body!

Just for the record, I said I was sick of seeing Ian in his underwear and that is what caused NYROSE to decide that "all Americans need to get over" their prudish-ness so to speak, in spite of the fact that NYROSE has no idea what nationality I am. THAT assumption is what irked me about the statement and I don't feel an entire nation should be held responsible for my personal opinion. That stated, I still mean what I said and said what I mean - I am sick of seeing Ian in his underwear! :) And I completely agree with what you have said here. (And I'll add that the patch of hair on his tailbone grosses me out.) I still must say I am against the stereo typing, but I agree with your premise that individuals should have an opinion and not be afraid to stand up for that opinion but also be willing to accept that not everyone will agree with it. That's what keeps life interesting.

He has a disgusting body and should keep it covered, for his own good. Because I have a 58 year old body I would never prance around in underwear on tv or in my own home, because I know what my body looks like now. I'm sorry but I don't like seeing his hairy body and I don't like his moobs. coming generations to never let that happen. But in the mean time I don't like Ians body!

Ian probably has man boobs from the medicine he has to take for his mental disorder. ;)

Ian doesn't bother me with his tics, moobies, underwear, etc. I can overlook it. Of course, I find grown men who dig in their noses and don't wash their hands after going to the bathroom on my list of disgusting behaviors. Frank used to fart all the time. At first, I thought he was moving furniture, then realized he was passing gas. Even Evel Dick would go in the bathroom to expel gas. I mean we all can look away, mute the sound or turn the TV off if you are that bothered by their appearance.

Ian probably has man boobs from the medicine he has to take for his mental disorder. ;)

Not trying to be all scientificy or anything but, I think I've read recently that moobies are associated with how much fast food eaten. Something about the hormones used. But, I can't quote an article so maybe I've read/heard it wrong.

Ian doesn't bother me with his tics, moobies, underwear, etc. I can overlook it. Of course, I find grown men who dig in their noses and don't wash their hands after going to the bathroom on my list of disgusting behaviors. Frank used to fart all the time. At first, I thought he was moving furniture, then realized he was passing gas. Even Evel Dick would go in the bathroom to expel gas. I mean we all can look away, mute the sound or turn the TV off if you are that bothered by their appearance.

This had me :animated_rotfl:

As I said, I wish all of you and most of you are Americans, would just get over whatever you think looks gross whether it is hairy-ness or baldness or lumps of fat or cellulite. People look different and if one's difference falls into the ugly category well put a burkha on and keep me from feeling nausea at the sight of you. I have never seen an ugly person until they open their mouths and show their soul to be prejudiced and stupid with canned society promoted aesthetics.

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name