Shane Meaney, Week 10 (Replacement Nominee) Evicted 9/13

CeCiMom

I think you gotta give the kid a little while to get over this, Joe is older and saw it coming. I agree Shane should have asked Danielle more persuasively to leave things be, that is his fault. But to call him stupid or a tool, go over to Danielle's thread and attack her.....just my opinion.

Im sorry but it took me 3 weeks of watching bb8 to figure out being the pawn is a bad idea, yet shane continually volunteered to be the pawn even as everybody was telling him how dumb that was, so what do you call that?

constantly letting everybody else take the fall for your decisions is being a tool, while it makes you the secondary target for the other side of your house, your own alliance knows that you let them take the fall and will use that against you when the time comes. say what you will about Dan but at least he took responsibility for his actions.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see that at all. He was a horrible BB player. He could win comps but he never played the game.

Shane played the game more than you think. Shane aligned with people in the game that could get him far in the game, he also remained loyal to those people and never let it be known. And when he was HOH while he took advice from others like they all do he made those decisions and frankly he made the best decisions for him in the game. I don't think he listened to Brit as much as other might believe. Also he kept the target off of himself through the whole game for the most part, while it helped having Frank as the biggest target in the game, he was able to keep it off of himself.

AC will come down to Dan and Ian IMO .... Really can't see Shane winning that. He was a horrible player! Between Frank & Shane they win comps but they are clueless when it comes to playing this game.

Shane basically offering to go up means he doesn't deserve to win ... It was a moronic move on his part ... He should be mad at himself!

I never saw him actually volunteer, he told Danielle to do what she has to do but it didn't look like he was all that happy about it. When he realized he was going to go up he figured he would trust that Danielle was sure he was safe which I think she was sure, Dan not only backstabbed Shane but also Danielle.

I wish we could hear Britney yelling at Shane when he arrives. How many times did Brittney tell Shane not to offer or be a pawn. He played badly and counted on Britney and Dan to help him out. Hope Jenn tells him that Danielle wanted him out before he won POV. That she was tired of him following her around and could wait till Thursday. That the plan was to keep her and vote out Shane.

Britney should actually be proud of what Shane was able to do. When Britney left there was a chance he would be public enemy number two (after Dan at least) but he still kept the target on others and not himself. I don't remember him ever volunteering but I do remember him not really fighting it as well.

I agree, say what you want about Shane, but the fact was he was lucky to be aligned with Dan and Brittany as he was just too dumb. YOu do not volunteer to be the pawn all the time, be a physical threat, and expect to make it to the end.

He also played a much more dirty game then people seem to think, it is much worse to lead a girl on and have a fake showmance to get ahead then it is to swear on the bible about things to people who know you should not be trusted.

Shane never lead Danielle on, I think he has true feelings for Danielle and has said many times that he does not want to have a showmance in the house because it might screw up his game. I heard him tell her many times, she wanted more of a relationship but he never did. People seem to think that was leading her on, but he told her many times that he did not want to have a relationship in the house. Those kisses he gave her I think were all geniuine kisses but I truly think he didn't want to have a showmance. After the game is over I think they might start dating and see what happens.

Just about every eviction Shane lied and told people they were OK. He would say I swear. He had no problem lying to them until they went out the door. He has no problem shaking hands and making final 2's or 3's or 6's. He shook hands with Boogie and Frank and had no problem going after them.

Shane knew how the game worked. He should not be so outraged at Dan for lying or shaking hands or swearing.

I think once Britney slaps him around in the Jury house he will put things in perspective. I think he was just shell shocked.

Everyone lies in the Big Brother house, I think he was surprised because Danielle told her that she would never put him on the block if she knew he was going home, and also he was shocked that Dan would do that. Dan truly played the game the best out of all of them, I hate his moves but he also knew the game before coming in and knew exactly how to play it which gave him an advantage over all of them.

I do think his play was stupid. You never agree to be the pawn because the pawn always goes home. I believe he is a tool (my opinion) and have thought that throughout most of the game because he tried to blame others and never accepted it nor did he man up for his own actions. Joe didn't even like Dan and Joe stood up against Frank and Boogie when they were bullying Dan and I gained so much respect for him for that when he wasn't even involved in the situation. Shane didn't defend Dan at all and let them attack him and worse, threw his coach under the bus hard core when it was not her fault either. Danielle at least didn't throw anybody under the bus when she nominated Janelle (i.e. anyone in the Silent Six or the Quack Pack). I will call Danielle out for the things I don't agree with that she has done (and there are many) but in this case, I am saying this about Shane. In Shane's thread. I might forgive him if he lets things go and learns to separate the game from real life. Jerry called Dan Judas but Dan still treated him with respect in the house and outside the house. They keep in touch because Dan actually IS a good person outside of the game.

I respect your right to your opinion, I was being funny about Danielle.

I kind of feel a tiny bit bad about what happened to him .. but I do think that both Shane and Dani were naive to trust Dan after the funeral scenario. Should of begged her to keep noms the same. Ah well.

He seemed like a nice enough guy .. but was far from the most exciting BB contestant ever.

@bbjag Shane didn't say "I volunteer" but when she suggested it he went right along with the idea and never once asked her not to do it so he pretty much volunteered himself ... When the idea came up a couple times for Dan to go up to hide an alliance he immediately convinced them it was a bad idea .... Lesson learned for Shane is NEVER offer or accept being a pawn in Big Brother.

"Hey Dan will you hold this half a million dollars for me?" ... "Great Thanks" .... "Hey wait where did Dan go?" .....

I never saw him actually volunteer, he told Danielle to do what she has to do but it didn't look like he was all that happy about it. When he realized he was going to go up he figured he would trust that Danielle was sure he was safe which I think she was sure, Dan not only backstabbed Shane but also Danielle.

I agree he didn't "actually volunteer" but how could you see how he looked about it? From what I saw he said "Do what you gotta do" and then started making out with her. All I saw at the time was the back of Danielle's head. Not only that, but Shane has volunteered multiple times over the season to be the pawn. Britney was constantly telling him to quit it. (And I agree with your comment that he didn't listen to Britney as much as the other poster thought BUT HE SHOULD HAVE!) In 14 seasons of Big Brother I have never seen anyone volunteer to be a pawn as often as Shane did. It was really not smart game play. I do agree that Dan backstabbed them both however, I also think they both handed him the biggest knife they could find, tied their wrists together, turned around, and LET HIM. I really don't think either one of them (Shane or Danielle) played the game very well and I don't think either of them would have made it as far as they did without the help of their coaches.

As far as what Shane has done to or how he feels about Dani - who knows? He told Britney multiple times he wasn't really into her, she wasn't really his type, he liked Kara better, and he really wished Danielle wouldn't hang around him so much. When he did his exit interview with Julie he implied there was a possibility of a relationship outside the house. When doing his interview with Jeff he not only wondered if Danielle knew in advance what Dan was going to do, but also said there really wasn't a possibility of a relationship because they live in two different states - unless she wins the $ because then it would be easier to buy plane tickets.

Sorry, but Shane came off to me as someone who had no idea how to play the game even after playing all summer so he stuck to the game he knew which was playing girls. Just my opinion.

I thought his interview with Jeff was a bunch of hogwash. He doesn't have any real feelings for Dani. He might "tap" that after the finale' but, unless she wins the $500,000... he'll be gone shortly there after. Imo

I didn't feel bad for him. He helped all of them play Janelle, so now the player got played. He deserved it.

He may not have known the game when he walked in, but he found out all about it for weeks there after. He knew this game by the time he left, and should have known better than to be okay with going on that block. He'd watched Dan screw both Frank and Jenn out of the house, so why did he think he wouldn't treat him the same? Shane like a lot of the people in jury didn't use his mind well. He was led around by two sicko women, and now he's in the jury house instead of sitting next to Frank (another bone-head) in f2.

Danielle and Dan planned his eviction about 2 weeks ago, and I would love to see his face when he finds out she knew Dan was sending him home. Bet there won't be any romance post-production then. Hahahaha!

I kind of feel a tiny bit bad about what happened to him .. but I do think that both Shane and Dani were naive to trust Dan after the funeral scenario. Should of begged her to keep noms the same. Ah well.

He seemed like a nice enough guy .. but was far from the most exciting BB contestant ever.

Nice guys finish last. You needs guts to play this game and he sure did not have any.

IF Shane would have manned up and told dani, choose Dan or me, he would be there and Dan would be out.....can't blame Dan for this one.

IMO, dani wanted Shane out, knew what Dan was doing and then tried to back track for the cameras....oh, gosh, I had no idea....really? She already told us in the DR I will have to choose between my head (Dan) and my heart(Shane)....she chose and pretended she didn't.

Too bad Shane didn't hear a word he said. Would have been interesting in jury if Shane asked Jenn what Dan meant by it.

Ahhhh, yes, Dan, the "great coach" showing the world that he is capable of using & abusing one of his own player's for money.....out of his own mouth...........priceless.

It's much better to tell Shane in his ear, "Make sure you vote for Dani because the game is all about who played a good Catholic game."

It's much better to tell Shane in his ear, "Make sure you vote for Dani because the game is all about who played a good Catholic game."

I'm not saying that people can't have their own opinion, I'm saying that in a game that states "THERE ARE NO RULES" and actually encourages lying and backstabbing and so on, that if you are offended when people do those things in this GAME and you continue to watch then why are you so upset when it happens.

All I know is if I'm watching something and the people on it are doing things I find offensive or against what I believe in, even though it isn't against the rules, then I would quit watching and not keep watching and then complain about it.

I think Shane benefit tremendously from Frank being in the house as long as he was and from the coaches coming into the game. At the beginning he was considered a big target... then the coaches came in the game and he went from target #2 to target #4 or 5. then Frank hanging on til final 7 by winning all those comps kept Shane safe til the final 6.

But you have to give Shane some credit... he made one big mistake... if he would have just told Danielle "HELL NO, DON'T PUT ME UP" he would be in the final 3 right now. And he is not stupid enough to through a competition like Ian and Danielle. He would have had a very good shot to win the final HOH and make it the the F2.

I think people on this board are putting too much thought into Shane's game and thought process. The dude is just wired differently than most BB players. His game was very simple: win physical comps and make decisions that were best for his alliance. It may not have ever been official but it was obvious S/B/D/D was the core alliance in the house and Shane was going to be loyal to those three until the bitter end.

What he did to Frank/Boogie was nothing like what Dan did to hi. He wasn't in a long standing alliance with them. He targeted F/B because it was best for the Quack Pack. On the other hand, what reason did he have to distrust Dan? Sure, Dan had stabbed Frank and Jenn in the back but from Shane's perspective, that was for the benefit of the QP. And yeah, Dan's funeral had resulted in Brit going home but Brit being the target was more Frank's decision than Dan's and Dan had to make a move to stay in the game. From Shane's perspective, Shane's existence in the house wasn't detrimental Dan's survival. And at the end of the day, Dan had never done anything to make Shane distrust him (that Shane knew about) until that eviction.

And when Shane nominated Frank and Boogie, why does anyone expect Shane would defend Dan? Joe went to bat for Dan because he was clueless! He (Joe) had no idea that the Quack Pack was remaining silent in order to protect Ian. And you re also forgetting that F/B went after Shane first and his response was that he was doing what was best for HIS game ... which was true ... it just also happened to be what was best for his ALLIANCE.

Did Shane do dumb things in the house? Of course. Blaming Brit for his noms was weak sauce. Volunteering to go on the block is never a good move. And overall, he was the least vocal member of the Quack Pack. However, he was important to the alliance because he was good in comps and was almost everyone's first or second target. He saved himself from the block twice, got Boogie out of the game (Ian can take credit all he wants but it was Shane's HOH) and would have successfully back doored Frank in week 3 if Production hadn't added that stupid twist to the coaches entering the game. And he did all that while playing a relatively honest game, at least compared to the other major players this season.

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name