Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Josh and Brent-life partners

josh_brent_480x610.jpg

Name: Josh Kilmer-Purcell

Hometown: I go back and forth weekly between New York City & Sharon Springs, NY.

Connection to your teammate: Life Partner for the past 15 years

Previously appeared on their own television series: “The Fabulous Beekman Boys” aired on Planet Green (Discovery) for two seasons (cancelled in 2011).

Current occupation: Goat Farmer/Advertising Executive/Author

Describe what you do: During the week, I work as an Advertising Creative Director in New York City. On the weekends, I commute to my goat farm in Sharon Springs, NY.

3 words to describe you: Funny, self-deprecating and generous.

Favorite hobbies: Cooking, gardening and traveling.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Reviving the small town where our farm is located by bringing attention to Beekman Farm and rural America through our television show.

What famous person reminds you of yourself? Julia Child

What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Martha Stewart

What scares you most about traveling? Falling ill during The Race.

What excites you most about traveling? Partaking in new cuisines.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: We are quick to argue and both of us think we are the smartest people in the room.

Pet peeve about your teammate: Brent never admits when he is wrong.

What country and place would you most like to visit and why? There are two: Italy, because I can’t believe I have never been, and Russia because of the history and culture.

What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? If we win, we could finally be together under the same roof every night for the first time in three years. Being apart during the workweek has been a struggle and gone on far too long.

Name: Brent Ridge

Hometown: Sharon Springs, N.Y.

Connection to your teammate: Life partners for 15 years

Previously appeared on their own television series: “The Fabulous Beekman Boys” aired on Planet Green (Discovery) for two seasons (cancelled in 2011).

Current occupation: Chief Executive Officer of Beekman 1802.

Describe what you do: I manage our 60 acre goat farm and run our company, Beekman 1802.

3 words to describe you: Focused, ambitious and open-minded.

Favorite hobbies: Working in my garden, organizing community events and meeting new people.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Working with our small farm community to bring in new business and gather attention for rural America.

What famous person reminds you of yourself? Martha Stewart

What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Oprah

What scares you most about traveling? Being unable to resolve a situation because of a language barrier.

What excites you most about traveling? Seeing things I have never seen before and probably will never see again.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Communication and the fact we both think we are always in the right.

Pet peeve about your teammate: He is too nice. He can’t always be nice and expect to get ahead when everyone else is playing dirty.

What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Asia and the Middle East since I want to know more about these cultures.

What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? As I get older, I realize life is about making memories and this will be an experience we both will never forget.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/season/21/cast/

1st Impression: Ok, I get it you're gay.

I don't think I've ever laughed so hard watching TAR as I did last night watching Brent trying to dive into that pool. I know the poor guy was having a hard time but I found it hilarious. My boyfriend asked me if I was high.

Me too Jersey! Talk about your face plant/belly buster! And that swim coach had me rolling too...she wasn't cutting any slack, lol! I think it was when these two walked in (or maybe the rockers) she was like this is going to be bad or something like that.

Me too Jersey! Talk about your face plant/belly buster! And that swim coach had me rolling too...she wasn't cutting any slack, lol! I think it was when these two walked in (or maybe the rockers) she was like this is going to be bad or something like that.

It was when James & Abba walked in. I believe the full quote was "I'm already afraid".

Guest 6Borders

They rocked that time zone challenge and the cocktail party was their total element.

I was kind of glad to see them make it thru the penalty.

I wish these 2 could win, I really don't care much for of the other teams....the chips are ok, but otherwise, ick.

That short one is a horse's arse....so snippy and IMO disrespectful to the other one. I don't like him at all.

Guest 6Borders

I'm liking them more and more. They are fighters and I'm glad they are still in the race.

I was pleasantly surprised they won.

Personally this was the most satifying win of any of the teams left.

I was not really rooting for any particular team (just did not want the Twinnies to win).

I was disappointed that they won but they did and fairly so; that is that. I liked them pretty much but not for the win. I came to like the chips and that other couple much more and the twins were so much fun to me. I was sad to see them fall by the wayside. I am curious to see what happens to the goat farmers as a couple after winning the money. I liked this AR. Loved the locales.

I was disappointed these two won. I was glad they beat out the twins, but I wanted the Chippendales to win. I still think the short one was a total beeotch and I don't see what kept the other one from knocking him out.

Guest 6Borders

Congrats to them. They came from behind so many times and really did deserve it

I was ok with any of the final 3,even tho I wanted Chip 'n Dale to win.