Scripted?

mrkosta

Obviously, like any "reality" show these days, BB is scripted to a point by the influence they are able to put on the guests in the DR. It's a TV show, the producers want viewers and they TRY to make the show what THEY think will get the most viewers, it's not rocket science, just "reality". It's always been somewhat amusing to me that some ppl. have bought into the whole "game show"" aspect of it because in a REAL "game show" the producers would not be ALLOWED to influence the events or the winner, I'm old enough to remember the trouble another "real game show" got into, feeding the correct answers to certain contestants for ratings.......hmmmmm......I think they even made a movie about it (lol).

BB is entertainment, certainly returning HGs are more willing to go along with what the DR wants because they've learned that BB will have them back if they cooperate and certainly, they will get "perks" ......let's face it, the producers can show the best or the worst of the 24/7 feeds they have of you. So, the blatant manipulation isn't going to stop and the HGs who don't go along with it won't get propped up or presented in a good light........that's the REALITY. (lol) IMO, of course!

What I wonder about is how much insider info\help certian players might get while in the DR. Take Dan for example, he is a clear producers favorite to win because he is a fan favorite. I bet when he is in the DR he gets more hints and suggestions on what is a good idea, and what is a bad idea than less favored players. If he goes into the DR and suggests he going do something that plays right into the hands of other players, and he'll surely get evicted, the producers are likely to hint that he might want to reconsider. Being a smart guy, he's able to read between the lines and hear what they are really saying, without them spell it out to him. And when he suggests a good idea they like, they will encourage him to follow up on that idea, and maybe drop a few ideas he might want to try out.

What I wonder about is how much insider info\help certian players might get while in the DR. Take Dan for example, he is a clear producers favorite to win because he is a fan favorite. I bet when he is in the DR he gets more hints and suggestions on what is a good idea, and what is a bad idea than less favored players. If he goes into the DR and suggests he going do something that plays right into the hands of other players, and he'll surely get evicted, the producers are likely to hint that he might want to reconsider. Being a smart guy, he's able to read between the lines and hear what they are really saying, without them spell it out to him. And when he suggests a good idea they like, they will encourage him to follow up on that idea, and maybe drop a few ideas he might want to try out.

I think that's a good theory. I'm guessing the DR doesn't give extra information or suggest moves to any players directly but might lead them to make favorable decisions by showing enthusiasm for good plans and maybe even showing enthusiasm for bad plans for players that aren't proving to be very interesting on the show.

Scripted? No. I think I've seen plenty of proof how heavy handed they can be in the DR. I remind myself there's nothing real about a reality television and I don't worry about it.

If they want us to believe they have NO hand in decisions made by HG, they wouldn't hesitate to show ALL diary rooms. We know that will nevah evah happen though, don't we? :mellow:

It's not scripted per say .. but some of the moves these house guests come up with seem the plant of the DR. And BB influences the game outcomes with Pandora's box's and other such nonsense to give their favorite's extra perks.

It's impossible to say the house isn't manipulated .. but at the end of the day it's still the house guests choice what will happen, which is why they can have moments like Marcellas not using his veto to save himself, and other "shocking" BB moments.

The DR or Wizard ... Do play a part in trying to make things happen and try to help the more entertaining people in the game as long as possible. This isn't just Big Brother though it's reality shows in general we just see it more on Big Brother because you have 24 hour feeds to see the players discussing the DR events. Survivor among other shows do the same thing ...

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name