Dan, Week 8 (PoV)

CeCiMom

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Janelle wasn't blindsided by F/B. Frank was on the block with her and she obviously knew she didn't have Boogie's vote. It was the rest of the house that blindsided her.

I very much remember boogie telling Britney that she was not telling her vote that they wanted Janelle blindsided,

And yes Dan is very sexist and classist. He thinks people who didn't attend Catholic High Schools are not quite as good as he is.

OMG LEN, you hit the nail on the head......since the first time he was on BB I tried to like him and I just couldn't.......I'm Catholic, my chidlren & I attended Catholic school, I have 3 brothers, 2 who became coaches and one at a college level......I should LOVE Dan, a CS coach but I couldn't and it's exactly what you pointed out. Arrogance is NOT taught in Catholic schools. In sports, those who believe in winning at all costs coaching results in what we have all seen on the news regardiing Penn State.

As far as BB and Dan, once again, he "used" being Catholic & a CS coach to get ppl to empathize with him. Never using his position or background as a "teaching moment".

For those who may say, he's not there as a coach, Catholic or whatever, fine......but you cant have it both ways.

OMG LEN, you hit the nail on the head......since the first time he was on BB I tried to like him and I just couldn't.......I'm Catholic, my chidlren & I attended Catholic school, I have 3 brothers, 2 who became coaches and one at a college level......I should LOVE Dan, a CS coach but I couldn't and it's exactly what you pointed out. Arrogance is NOT taught in Catholic schools. In sports, those who believe in winning at all costs coaching results in what we have all seen on the news regardiing Penn State.

As far as BB and Dan, once again, he "used" being Catholic & a CS coach to get ppl to empathize with him. Never using his position or background as a "teaching moment".

For those who may say, he's not there as a coach, Catholic or whatever, fine......but you cant have it both ways.

Nicely said...!

Dan's playing a good game. Danielle is just fine and like I tried to say before. She is using Dan, Shane and Jenn each having a final 2 with her to get to the end. She has lied and deceived just as much as Dan so nooooooooo she is not a victim. This is a game to win at the end and that is what they are all there for.

This is not a game to see who can be the nicest most honest person to get to the end. ;) choo choo

Dan's playing a good game. Danielle is just fine and like I tried to say before. She is using Dan, Shane and Jenn each having a final 2 with her to get to the end. She has lied and deceived just as much as Dan so nooooooooo she is not a victim. This is a game to win at the end and that is what they are all there for.

This is not a game to see who can be the nicest most honest person to get to the end. ;) choo choo

ITA Marty. Only one person can win the game. Anyone who thinks another player is not making a move in his own best interest is a fool and deserves to be taken advantage of. We all remember Marcellas, he did the honorable thing and gave up his safety. Not only did he lose his chance at the money, practical every BB fan calls him the stupidest player in BB history.

Any player that wants to win should use whatever advantage they can to stay in the game. From lying and deceit, to sexuality. I would not blame Shane if he snuggled up with Dani more. It's what she wants and that may get him to the half million. He can tell her, he's gay later. Dan is simple using his knowledge and instincts as a coach to get people to perform for his team. Team Dan. It's up to them to get Dan to perform for their team.

ITA and Dan's convinvinced me this this season that he is not the nicest or most honest person to ever win BB......he's now in a class with ED & MB as BB scumbags IMO........and Danielle's game or reaction to his game has nothing to do with it.

ITA and Dan's convinvinced me this this season that he is not the nicest or most honest person to ever win BB......he's now in a class with ED & MB as BB scumbags IMO........and Danielle's game or reaction to his game has nothing to do with it.

I disagree. Yes Dan has used deception to get the results he wanted but he's not the dregs of the BB world like Boogie and ED. I don't recall Dan using the same bullying tactics that were used in ED and MB's case, nor the personal insults. I don't mind a little treachery but ED and MB went way overboard in their attempts.

Whatever game Danielle is playing, she's never unattached herself from Dan. I think she has her own game going now, especially being the last female in the house and is using all her feminine wiles to get what she wants. Do I want her to win? No - not for a second!

This season has been the most convoluted season ever. I can barely keep up with all these alliances and who's playing who. :huh:

The d

I don't recall Dan using the same bullying tactics that were used in ED and MB's case, nor the personal insults.

Exactly. The difference between Dan & ED and MB is that Dan's antics are always game and never personal. He's never purposely disrespected anyone on a personal level, you will never hear him call anyone hateful, derogatory names like MB or threaten to rape someone like ED.

The d

Exactly. The difference between Dan & ED and MB is that Dan's antics are always game and never personal. He's never purposely disrespected anyone on a personal level, you will never hear him call anyone hateful, derogatory names like MB or threaten to rape someone like ED.

?????Did you miss the "funeral antic" where he declared to the house that Daniel was DEAD to him because of "what she did"???

THAT wasn't "personal"? He purposely hurt her in front of everyone to make her cry but "because it advanced his game" it was OK? IMO, it was hateful and and one of the most scumbag moves because of who he pretends to be........ IMO there is no difference in being derogatory by outright calling names or trying to hide it..........what Dan did was to berate & hurt Danielle while manipulating the rest of the HGs.......no, HE didn't yell out, "Danielle, your a bitch" because that's NOT his style........what he DID was hurt HER, personally, more than name calling would have and it was purposefull........his apology and attempt to justify his action to Danielle later- "I did it for your own good", doesn't make him any better than MB or ED in my eyes because his target was someone who was close to him & trusted him and what he did was a move only a BB scumbag like ED or MB would have made.

?????Did you miss the "funeral antic" where he declared to the house that Daniel was DEAD to him because of "what she did"???

THAT wasn't "personal"? He purposely hurt her in front of everyone to make her cry but "because it advanced his game" it was OK? IMO, it was hateful and and one of the most scumbag moves because of who he pretends to be........ IMO there is no difference in being derogatory by outright calling names or trying to hide it..........what Dan did was to berate & hurt Danielle while manipulating the rest of the HGs.......no, HE didn't yell out, "Danielle, your a bitch" because that's NOT his style........what he DID was hurt HER, personally, more than name calling would have and it was purposefull........his apology and attempt to justify his action to Danielle later- "I did it for your own good", doesn't make him any better than MB or ED in my eyes because his target was someone who was close to him & trusted him and what he did was a move only a BB scumbag like ED or MB would have made.

Clearly you have made up your mind about Dan so like politics there is nothing anyone can say to change your mind.

I think that Dan has really moved Danielle to the final leg of the game and it is up to her to decide if she wants to remain friends with Dan and if she feels he is a scumbag.

choo choo

Didn't he do simular stuff to Memphis? At one point he made some deal with Ollie and if it hadn't worked out, Memphis would have been out but Dan's game would have moved forward. I remember Memphis was pretty mad about it. Then Dan did his damage control, pulling Memphis back into the belief that Dan was working for both of them. I think there were other things that he did that screwed with Memphis' head.

What Dan said to Danielle was "you are dead to me in this game".

I don't like what Dan did to Danielle. Yes, he did it knowing it would hurt her. Yes, the "I did it for your own good" thing was condescending. I can understand why it makes him a scumbag in your eyes. But IMO, I think his intentions were to keep himself and Danielle in the game, he thought he was doing the right thing. That doesn't make it right, for me personally it doesn't make him nearly as much of a scumbag as ED and MB, whose words and actions have the potential to hurt their victims long after the game is over.

Honestly if some other player had said that to another player with Dan not being the person.... would people even notice or would people care? I think most people would laugh. People tend to expect Dan to live up to higher standards then the other players. It should not be that way.

Clearly you have made up your mind about Dan so like politics there is nothing anyone can say to change your mind.

I think that Dan has really moved Danielle to the final leg of the game and it is up to her to decide if she wants to remain friends with Dan and if she feels he is a scumbag.

choo choo

LOL, Marty, ITA with the first sentence, on the other hand, my opinions about Dan have no relation to how Danielle (a girl who's been chasing a guy who obviously has no feelings about her) decides to treat Dan after the show.

What Dan said to Danielle was "you are dead to me in this game".

I don't like what Dan did to Danielle. Yes, he did it knowing it would hurt her. Yes, the "I did it for your own good" thing was condescending. I can understand why it makes him a scumbag in your eyes. But IMO, I think his intentions were to keep himself and Danielle in the game, he thought he was doing the right thing. That doesn't make it right, for me personally it doesn't make him nearly as much of a scumbag as ED and MB, whose words and actions have the potential to hurt their victims long after the game is over.

What Dan said to Danielle was a strategy move and was not personal. Threats to you and your family are personal and make you a scumbag.

I know a lot of you on here really like Dan but many of you don't want to see him win cause he was a coach and he has already won the game before. But seriously he deserves to win. I'm still holding on to a bit of hope that my favorite Frank will win. But honestly, this game is full of house guest that are easily manipulated and dumb. And Dan has played them all like a fiddle. If Dan or Frank do not win I will be highly disappointed. Like Boogie said, could you imagine giving $500k to Joe, Jenn, Shane, Danielle, or Ian??? Good chance one of those 5 will win and it will be a shame.

I know a lot of you on here really like Dan but many of you don't want to see him win cause he was a coach and he has already won the game before. But seriously he deserves to win. I'm still holding on to a bit of hope that my favorite Frank will win. But honestly, this game is full of house guest that are easily manipulated and dumb. And Dan has played them all like a fiddle. If Dan or Frank do not win I will be highly disappointed. Like Boogie said, could you imagine giving $500k to Joe, Jenn, Shane, Danielle, or Ian??? Good chance one of those 5 will win and it will be a shame.

I didn't want Dan to win either...but now think he totally deserves it. Mostly for putting up with Danielle the whole summer!

What Dan said to Danielle was a strategy move and was not personal. Threats to you and your family are personal and make you a scumbag.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

I consider when anyone intentionally hurts another, strategically or not in the BB game, they're a scumbag.

I also believe that if someone threatens someone else or their family, it should be reported to the police and you should be arrested (ranted that it should have happened to some Hgs in the past)....Dan has never gone that far, IMO, he's reached scumbag, hope he doesn't cross over to possible felonious activity s other HGs have in the past, just to win BB.

I

I don't have a problem with "Dan's Funeral" and the comments he made to Danielle. Clearly it was all game and clearly it has helped Danielle immensely. Who would put her up at this point thinking that Dan has driven a wedge between him and Danielle. Eagle Eye Joe may suspect something but he also has many convoluted theories which are completely wrong and no one respects him enough to take anything he says seriously.

Dan is playing the best game, period. I don't care if he is a coach or not. I know people may not like the fact that a coach has a shot to win but, hello, this is BB. People have been complaining about the twists, the bias, Grodner's influence, etc for years. We keep watching it, though. The coaches (well just one coach now) are playing the game just like everyone else and if the best player happens to be a coach they should win. Dan is brilliant. He may not last but I so hope he does and if he gets to the final two he'll definitely be the most deserving player.

One thing Dan has shown is in the world of BB if you have diehard fans, you can get away with anythiing.

I remember complaints about Jeff when he just raised his voice to Jordan to clarify strategy.......good grief, if HE would have done what Dan did to Dani..............it would have been "brilliant"?

I was a diehard Jeff fan but never defended any time he lapsed into his macho reactions which although they were reactive, hurt Jordan to advance their game.

IF Dan "wins" it will obviously be at Danielle's expense. Brilliant?

USING a female that you came into the game to coach and hurting her & her emotions will keep yourself in the game is brilliant? or scummy?

Whether he wimes or loses, scumbag move IMO.

OMG in REAL time, Dan just told Dani, he hates the thought of leaving the BB house, explaining his feelings about being in the BB house.... BB is "like a DRUG".....poor Dan. He obviously lost his soul to BB.

IF Dan "wins" it will obviously be at Danielle's expense. Brilliant? USING a female and her emotions? Wow.

Well we all know about Danielle's emotions. How long after hearing she was dead to him in this game did this happen? An hour maybe???

capturegx.png

I think if Danielle wins it will be in some part because of Dan...especially the way he treated her at his "BB funeral". He probably handed her at least $50.000 with that line. Like he told her....I saved us both.