Shane, Week 8

CeCiMom

Have been "wondering" about Shane for a long time.....and then the comment to Brit in his goodbye message about, her "choosing him for her team when he came into the house wearing a woman's blouse" and this whole thing with Dani saying he's "terrified of the cameras" and doesn't want to kiss, makes me wonder even more (although, who would WANT to kiss Danielle is beyond me}....think Shane may have some sexual identity issues. At one point he said he was thinking about coming in playing the gay man but decided against it....Hmmmmmm

I don't view Shane as a ladies man in any stretch of the imagination. He seems absolutely terrified of that oafish woman from Alabama. When I see Shane, I see daytime soap. He is a comp threat, however. I don't dislike Shane as some of you tend to do. Harmless, Shane.

He's so spineless!! Sometimes when I watch him, I think he's finally grown a pair and started playing but then it turns out that he's still lying to whomever he's speaking to, just trying to survive the week. He has no plan to get to the end with only 7 ppl left because he has no idea what he's doing. He's continually winging it, just worried about ticking ppl off and being a target that day. I guess you could say that's gameplay but it's sickening watching him constantly suck up to whoever he's talking to. If he'd make it to the end, I would hate it. Even Britany said Shane was "empty."

Someone called Shane a tool... that is pretty much hitting the nail on the head! Shane is such a tool that he is hard to root for, however I think his is geniuenely a nice guy (plus he is a dog lover - they say you can tell a lot about a person by the way they treat animals). Also, you have to give Shane some credit... he, like Frank, has been a huge physical target since the beginning, yet no one ever seems to go after him. Apparenlty he has at least alligned himself with the right people. Don't be shocked if Shane wins this thing. Ian has already said he is safe this week and if Shane could get down to final 5 or so I think he could easily pop off a few wins in a row to get to the end.

People might well consider Shane to be a tool but he hasn't taken advantage of Danielle to the extent that he easily could have and the way that Dan has. Shane was never as mean to her as some men would have been in a similar situation - he rebuffed her advances gently. Shane could have used Danielle unmercifully and hasn't. Danielle and Dan are the tools, IMO. Not Shane.

Everybody knows that if Danielle sits next to them at F2, THEY have it in the bank.

I don't understand calling Shane a tool. Yes, he's totally clueless about this game and is more easily influenced than play-doh but he seems like a genuinely nice guy. And like someone else mentioned, he could have easily taken advantage of Dani's obsession with him but aside from a few small kisses, he's been completely hands off. You have to commend him for that.

I don't understand calling Shane a tool. Yes, he's totally clueless about this game and is more easily influenced than play-doh but he seems like a genuinely nice guy. And like someone else mentioned, he could have easily taken advantage of Dani's obsession with him but aside from a few small kisses, he's been completely hands off. You have to commend him for that.

Agreed, he could have been like Matt and Natalie, same situation, totally different response, Matt used her for everything and than dumped her like trash, at least Shane has been respectful and still works with her as a team.

Shane is still there. Nobody dislikes him (to my knowledge). He isn't a specific target. It is getting later and later in the game. He hung in there on the comp and didn't flake-out right away like some people. He seems kind. He likes dogs and is partial to flattering pink. Hmmm.

Shane is still there. Nobody dislikes him (to my knowledge). He isn't a specific target. It is getting later and later in the game. He hung in there on the comp and didn't flake-out right away like some people. He seems kind. He likes dogs and is partial to flattering pink. Hmmm.

what is it with these men and their stuffed animals???

I can say with all sincerity that I have never known a guy who owned a stuffed animal. If he did, he hid it from me and never once mentioned it. Thank God.

I know, right? Lots of girls, never never a guy!!!!! now three have them in the house, I find it really weird!

Have been "wondering" about Shane for a long time.....and then the comment to Brit in his goodbye message about, her "choosing him for her team when he came into the house wearing a woman's blouse" and this whole thing with Dani saying he's "terrified of the cameras" and doesn't want to kiss, makes me wonder even more (although, who would WANT to kiss Danielle is beyond me}....think Shane may have some sexual identity issues. At one point he said he was thinking about coming in playing the gay man but decided against it....Hmmmmmm

Yeah i came to that conclusion after last night show too! It was his mannerisms and what male would refer to a woman as his best friend! Just saying!

PS day 57 And he is still a tool!

I really don't know what to think about Shane.

He seems to have a lot of complexities in his personality which I find interesting and at times disturbing (maybe it's a "mom thing from having foster/adopted kids, some of whom had a lot of issues).

I get the feeling from comments he's made that he may come from a very strict and straight-laced background (ie kind of uptight and very proper family, maybe super-religious) and maybe struggling to break out of that shell but too scared and set in his ways to do it. Dani's comment that Shane is "terrified of the cameras" I can believe. Who wants their showmance all over the place, especially if you come from a very proper background and small community. Other times I get the feeling maybe he is married or has a fiance at home.

He loves his dog, his dog is his best friend and when asked what he missed most from home his dog was #1 on the list - every time! I'm no psychologist but that's as disturbing as it is admirable. I also found it interesting that (from his family letter) his mom volunteers at an Animal Shelter and yet Shane told Dan he paid $2000 for his dog Dozer.

Shane also apparently was recruited for Big Brother or referred from another show, and hadn't watched much except in sequester, yet I catch him offering up information and tidbits about many past shows, so I think he's watched way more than he lets on.

As to Shane's game play, I think he was doing great at first and somewhere in this mess we are calling Big Brother 14 he has lost all concept of what is going on in that house (not surprising because I feel the same way at times).

I sort of hope he gets to Final 2 with Ian

Shane telling Danielle he is creeped out sleeping next to another guy. He said he is not homophobic but the thought of touching another man grosses him out. (he has been sharing a bed with Dan) I missed part of it but I think he is going to share a bed with Danielle now.