Followers 0
Dade

Artis Silvester

34 posts in this topic

artis_silvester_480x610.jpg

Name (Age): Artis Silvester (53)

Tribe Designation: Tandang

Current Residence: Terry Town, La.

Personal Claim to Fame: Beating stage 4 cancer.

Inspiration in Life: My ex-wife - she’s my light, my strength, my everything. I pray everyday that we are brought back together.

Hobbies: Martial arts, motorcycle riding and bowling.

Pet Peeves: Traffic, know-it-all people, bullies or people that prey or pick on those weaker than themselves.

3 Words to Describe You: Spontaneous (sometimes explosive), opinionated and competitive.

SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: I’m a combination of Rudy, Rupert and James. I have Rudy and Rupert’s cunning leadership and likability. I have James’s physical appeal – even at 52.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: The million dollar prize and the chance for the experience of a lifetime. Plus, I’m tired of yelling and screaming at my TV about how the contestants are playing.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I have physical and mental strength, creativity, adaptability and a sense of humor. I’m an incredible manipulator and I have an uncanny ability to remain calm in stressful situations.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: When the odds are stacked against me that is when I shine the most. Although I’m definitely no angel, I believe I do have a guardian angel watching over me. No one has been more persistent than me to be on the show and it is because I know I can win if given the chance.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/

This dude lives about 5 miles from my house although I do not know him personely. Jeff Probst's opinion of him was not good at all.

Evil? Or just PITA smarmy narcissist?

Evil? Or just PITA smarmy narcissist?

The second part of what you just said.

Thanks Catwishes...yea PITA for sure. He hates bullies and then brags about being able to manipulate people and then wants to be "given the chance to win" He's the kind who thinks people pleasing is the way to win.

This dude lives about 5 miles from my house although I do not know him personely. Jeff Probst's opinion of him was not good at all.

Paul Kapelow built Terrytown. He also built the Carol on St. Charles, Steve, and just about all the suburban shopping centers westbank and eastbank.

Artis Silvester. Nice name. That's it.

Paul Kapelow built Terrytown. He also built the Carol on St. Charles, Steve, and just about all the suburban shopping centers westbank and eastbank.

Any reason for the interesting Terrytown history as it pertains to this contestant?

Any reason for the interesting Terrytown history as it pertains to this contestant?

Pontification? :P

Why Slimcruz, I'm impressed. Apparently you are from the Big Easy, either that or you spent allot of time here.

You know your from Nawlins' if you can answer the following two questions:

1: What is a neutral ground?

2. What is a brake tag?

Pontification? :P

I think Slimcruz will have to answer ...I do not automatically assume folks are putting on airs.

I think Slimcruz will have to answer ...I do not automatically assume folks are putting on airs.

That's nice :)

I'll await her answer although it's possible to google anything these days. I got the same information when I googled Terrytown. And since I didn't know about brake tags and neutral ground in relation to New Orleans, I found that information also.

That's nice :)

I'll await her answer although it's possible to google anything these days. I got the same information when I googled Terrytown. And since I didn't know about brake tags and neutral ground in relation to New Orleans, I found that information also.

Dang, I forgot about Google. Are there no secrets anymore !

Why Slimcruz, I'm impressed. Apparently you are from the Big Easy, either that or you spent allot of time here.

You know your from Nawlins' if you can answer the following two questions:

1: What is a neutral ground?

2. What is a brake tag?

You and I have had several conversations about us and New Orleans, Steve. I went to Dominican. Terrytown's birth played a big role in the suburbanization of the area, changed NOLA in many ways.

You and I have had several conversations about us and New Orleans, Steve. I went to Dominican. Terrytown's birth played a big role in the suburbanization of the area, changed NOLA in many ways.

I know Artis comes from Terry Town, but how does that reflect on him? If it changed NO, are there aspects of it that we can maybe generalize about him from living there?

And what was Probst's opinion? I missed that.

After I posted this it dawned on me that yes we have had conversations about this. I guess as I get older my memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Great to hear from you again. Lets hope Artis makes it to the end. :D

I know Artis comes from Terry Town, but how does that reflect on him? If it changed NO, are there aspects of it that we can maybe generalize about him from living there?

And what was Probst's opinion? I missed that.

I read on a website an interview he did where he gave his thoughts on all the contestants. He didn't give high marks to Artis because he thought he would not mesh well with his tribe mates. Jeff said he didn't think Artis would go far in the game. Forgive me but I don't remember which site I saw it on.

Good lord, I keep forgetting who this guy is. I see his name on here, and I have to click on him to see his picture so I can remember him!

This guy looks like a walking muscle. Why was he chosen to sit out on the reward challange? If they ever needed a muscleman for a challange that was it. And making a big scene after the food trade was made was not a cool thing to do. It's OK to be upset about it but showing that much anger will not win you friends. Maybe thats the side of him that Probst didn't like in my above post. :sherlock:

I think so too stevea11. Artis seems to have a very abrasive personality and doesn't know when to just keep it to himself.