Followers 0
Dade

Jeff Kent

45 posts in this topic

jeff_kent_480x610.jpg

Name (Age): Jeff Kent (44)

Tribe Designation: Kalabaw

Current Residence: Austin, Texas

Occupation: Retired Major League Baseball Player. I played for the Toronto Blue Jays, New York Mets, Cleveland Indians, San Francisco Giants, Houston Astros and Los Angeles Dodgers.

Personal Claim to Fame: Being a husband and a father to four kids with the ability to provide them with every opportunity to be successful.

Inspiration in Life: My dad is my hero for instilling in me the desire to be the best you can in all that you do, and setting a great example for a happy family.

Hobbies: Hunting, motocross and golf.

Pet Peeves: Stupid people and people who talk too much.

3 Words to Describe You: Competitive, resilient and hard-headed.

If You Could Have 3 Things on The Island What Would They Be and Why?

1) A lounge chair to lounge in and sleep in.

2) My iPod to motivate me and tune things out.

3) A pillow to put my most valuable body part on a soft spot.

SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: Colby Donaldson - for our athletic ability, southern charm and gamesmanship.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: To challenge my talents and survival skills under isolated circumstances, and to prove to my family that being resilient pays off.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I enjoy hunting and fishing. I know how to cook outdoors, and I’m good at improvising.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: With my survival skills and instincts, living on an island for 39 days will be easy. Utilizing the other survivors in alliances and/or challenges will take skills that I’ve mastered throughout my baseball career. Motivating and manipulating people is what I did best in the locker room and on the field.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/

jocks always have a sense of entitlement

Watching the ESPN Show "Pardon the Interruption" Today .. They wished a "Happy Trails" to Jeff Kent today after Tearing a Ligament in his Knee on the First show of Survivor so Bye-Bye to him .. We just haven't seen it on the show yet but we will ... As We say in the Sports World ... Adjust your Rosters accordingly ..

Watching the ESPN Show "Pardon the Interruption" Today .. They wished a "Happy Trails" to Jeff Kent today after Tearing a Ligament in his Knee on the First show of Survivor so Bye-Bye to him .. We just haven't seen it on the show yet but we will ... As We say in the Sports World ... Adjust your Rosters accordingly ..

HA, I'll bet CBS isn't happy with ESPN/ABC for leaking that tidbit!

Not much of a spoiler there.

The minute I saw that knee fold I said "ACL, meniscus or both and out on medical DPQ"

Good riddance!

Not much of a spoiler there.

The minute I saw that knee fold I said "ACL, meniscus or both and out on medical DPQ"

Good riddance!

Agree he is gone not so much on good riddance...

Well, it looks like next week he is gone on a medical with that knee. Since it's already been leaked and everyone on the internet knows it Survivor might as well give the preview. Probably means no tribal next week.

I wonder how a knee injury became life threatening. On the previews, Jeff said we don't medivac people unless it is a life threatening situation.....

I wonder how a knee injury became life threatening. On the previews, Jeff said we don't medivac people unless it is a life threatening situation.....

Very good point. They keep people that hobble and wait for them to get voted off.

I guess it all depends on the possibility of permanent disability or potential to worse and become more serious.

A broken wrist is not usually "life threatening" but they removed whats-her-name last year because the wrist required surgery.

All we really know if Probst went into camp, Jeff Kent was shown with a big ol' brace on his leg and ESPN/ABC published that he was removed from the game due to his knee.

It that is all true - I really really wish there were no spoilers posted here. Survivor is one game that I will avoid any spoilers at all cost. I didn't know any of this and it kinda spoils Wednesday's show for me.

The previews kinda "spoiled" it, IMO by showing Kent messing with the knee then talking about medivac....

The previews kinda "spoiled" it, IMO by showing Kent messing with the knee then talking about medivac....

Guess I didn't see the previews.

HAHA well don't watch any this week, because the one I just viewed on CBS today goes a whole different direction than you might think!

I was kind of thinking the same thing, that maybe they just show Jeff with a brace to throw us off track and Probst went into camp for a different reason

HAHA well don't watch any this week, because the one I just viewed on CBS today goes a whole different direction than you might think!

Good now I have some anticipation of .... let's say I like being blindsided by Survivor.