Dade

Jonathan Penner

Penner irritated me when he was griping that Denise was on his tribe instead of Malcolm. She won her challenge. He could not have asked for better. and should not have.

Guest 6Borders

Waaaaaay too trusting. Malcolm did not share his info.

Yeah, it seems like the vet blew it and the newbie made a smart game play!!!!

Is it just me or am I crazy. If I close my eyes and listen to him talk I swear he sounds just like Hawkeye Pierce. (Alan Alda)

YES! I hear it, too. Of course, there is the possibility that we're both crazy!

I thought Penner was a goner for sure. I'm so happy he survived.

I thought he was gone too! I'm glad they kept him. It would've been stupid to get rid of him just yet anyways IMO. Katie sure wasn't any help at all in those challenges.

Guest 6Borders

He should have been gone but once again TV (Probst & CBS) stepped up to Tribal and outed the plan to get rid of him. He's prob Survivor's "Boston Rob" of this season and they will do everything they can to keep him!

He should have been gone but once again TV (Probst & CBS) stepped up to Tribal and outed the plan to get rid of him. He's prob Survivor's "Boston Rob" of this season and they will do everything they can to keep him!

What??? You must be watching a different show than me. Probst did no such thing.

Guest 6Borders

Maybe I'm the one paying attention. Over and over Probst talked about blindslides, just pretty much led Penner down the path of "what happens if". Probst was totally trying to get Penner to see that he might get voted out, the rest pretty much caught on and figured he would probably use the idol so voted out Katie. Of course, this is all just my opinion and now I saw it and there is A LOT of editing on Survivor so we really don't know.

I don't think that Probst possibly (and I don't think he did) putting any ideas in Penners head, and clearly he didn't since Penner didn't use the idol, would have changed their vote, why would they? They couldn't decide between Penner and Katie anyway, so the worst that happened if Penner used it was Katie went anyway and they got the idol out of play.....

I'm glad he played his idol and foiled Jeff Kent's plan. It was a good show last night...kept you guessing on who was getting the boot.

onlly bad thing was that his use of the idol meant that rc went if only one had switched to getting pete off I did like rc's attitude

I don't like Penner. Dunno why exactly but don't. Probst went on and on and on and on about blindside so hello.

I don't like Penner. Dunno why exactly but don't. Probst went on and on and on and on about blindside so hello.

Agreed. Probst seems to be calling people out allot for there screw ups these days. Pour a little gas on the fire will ya there Jeffy boy.

I think he is too....WAY more than in past seasons. I don't necessarily think he is biased towards or against any certain person, but he definitely is prodding them a lot at tribal counsel.

Ky I so agree. I find it annoying and so do the players. Nothing like working your ass off in a competition to have probst on the mike screaming how you are a waste for having a hard time doing the challenge. He tries to make out like one is spiritually weak when the flesh fails to hold on. I'd like to see that judgmental dimpled bastard keep his cool on any one of these challenges in the hot sun.

Ky I so agree. I find it annoying and so do the players. Nothing like working your ass off in a competition to have probst on the mike screaming how you are a waste for having a hard time doing the challenge. He tries to make out like one is spiritually weak when the flesh fails to hold on. I'd like to see that judgmental dimpled bastard keep his cool on any one of these challenges in the hot sun.

LOL. I agree,

Hey hey hey hey.... don't be mean to my Jeffy. :wub:

Penner pulled it out in that immunity challenge and I was glad he did. That was one wild scramble on who to vote for and tribal council too!

Guest 6Borders

Almost a little too pat that Penner pulled out the immunity when he most desperately needed to win it.

If he hadn't Probst probably would have found a way for Penner to stub his toe on another idol on the way to Tribal.

I'm officially sick of him...can't wait to see him voted off but Survivor seems to want him to win.

What am I missing that is so convincing to some that Survivor is rigging the game for Penner to win? And why Penner? It's not like he was popular the last 2 times he was on.

have not had the feeling that they are pushing for Penner. Would you who do please reply with what gives you that impression?

Guest 6Borders

Penner skates through another close one!!!

Interesting analogy to Lisa on how the fans view the game.

I don't think Survivor is making it as obvious as they did with Boston Rob (that was practically a given the minute he stepped onto the beach) that they want Penner to win, but it just seems to me that Survivor (Probst) is doing level best to keep Penner in as long as possible.

Last night I did have to give it to Penner for getting that "fulcrum vote"!

He hit the nail on the head with his analysis to Lisa of how the fans are viewing the game in my opinion. He was dead on with his analysis of Lisa too and although he was helping himself by helping her to see that being a people pleaser isn't always the best way to be, I think he was really being sincere in trying to help her. I like him and not that I want to see him win, but I hope he gets to stick around until the end.

He hit the nail on the head with his analysis to Lisa of how the fans are viewing the game in my opinion. He was dead on with his analysis of Lisa too and although he was helping himself by helping her to see that being a people pleaser isn't always the best way to be, I think he was really being sincere in trying to help her. I like him and not that I want to see him win, but I hope he gets to stick around until the end.

He has really helped Lisa to grow. She did not jump ship as I hoped she would, but she got a big step out of the cloistered reality she has been groomed in. I was surprised that Penner did not offer Lisa and Skupin final three since their voting with his group means they could be used to get all the team they abandon off and then leave them to be first off when it is down to the end. It is to Skupin's credit that he jumped based on who he would like to be with and on the behavior of his original tribe to him and Lisa. Very straight forward realization to act on. Too bad Lisa was not ready to jump also.