Dade

Jonathan Penner

96 posts in this topic

jonathan_penner_480x610.jpg

Name (Age): Jonathan Penner (50)

Previous Seasons: “Survivor: Cook Islands” and “Survivor: Micronesia”

Previous Finishes: “Survivor: Cook Island” – 14th out, 6th jury member. “Survivor: Micronesia” – medical evacuation due to knee infection.

Tribe Designation: Kalabaw

Current Residence: Los Angeles, Calif.

Personal Claim to Fame: My Oscar nomination for Best Live Action Short Film for “Down on the Waterfront” which I co-wrote and co-produced with my wife, and also co-starred with Jason Alexander and Edward Asner.

Inspiration in Life: My kids. My daughter is hilarious and actually looks up to me, and my son is smarter and more athletic than I am already. Wanting to make them proud is why I always do my best.

Pet Peeves: Stupidity, meanness and slow drivers in the passing lanes.

3 Words to Describe You: Happy, prickly and funny.

If You Could Have 3 Things on The Island What Would They Be and Why? A good book to read, a blank book to write in and if I can count her as a thing, my wife. If not, I’ll bring a pen.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: The money. I have nothing more to prove or accomplish but winning.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: Experience is the biggie, but I also bring humor and I’m a team player.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: Third time is a charm! If I can get past the first three or four votes I’m going all the way. Seriously!

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/

Entertaining

amused by his commentary last time

3 Words to Describe You: Happy, prickly and funny.

Prickly?

Marty, maybe that's a nice way of saying he's a prick sometimes. I think it means, easily irritated. So he wouldn't have made it nice on bb this season. lol

I hope his team changes their mind about voting him out first. I always liked him. He needs to find the idol.

I hope his team changes their mind about voting him out first. I always liked him. He needs to find the idol.

A keeper if he gets snarky in his commentary again. B)

target on his back

Shame because he is so so happy to be there.

He will not make it, but I do not like that they put a target on him without giving him a chance.

He's out looking for the idol - that will definitely put a target on your back unless you are very sly about it and do it unnoticed. But with all those eyes on the island, I seriously doubt you have time to do anything without someone taking notice. Besides, the idol might be in the camp itself instead of some remote tree stump.

I don't like the immediate target either. Hate it when they do that and they never do it to the right person.

I don't like the immediate target either. Hate it when they do that and they never do it to the right person.

On the same page

Not to thrilled to see him back (again)!!

Nothing more to prove except winning - let's see how well that works out! Everyone is gunning for him so he'll probably be out soon.

Not to thrilled to see him back (again)!!

Nothing more to prove except winning - let's see how well that works out! Everyone is gunning for him so he'll probably be out soon.

Have no immediate memory of him, so he did not bug me I guess or thrill me either. What do you recall that puts you off seeing him again?

Is it just me or am I crazy. If I close my eyes and listen to him talk I swear he sounds just like Hawkeye Pierce. (Alan Alda)

I thought he was going to pee his pants when he found the idol. He did a good job (finally) figuring out the clue.

Is it me or just editing that nobody else is off looking for it???

Is it just me or am I crazy. If I close my eyes and listen to him talk I swear he sounds just like Hawkeye Pierce. (Alan Alda)

You could be crazy, I don't know. But you're not alone in thinking he sounds like Alan Alda. I think this was mentioned one of the other times he was on.

I'm voting crazy. But that doesn't mean you are wrong about the voice. :D

Found the idol...told someone about it...hope it works for an alliance for him. He has a down to earth quality that I like want to see him stay.

I'm liking him a little better than last time.

Strange that he immediately told a new tribe member that he has the idol!

I guess there is a strategy in there somewhere.

I thought it was very strange (and stupid) that Pete told Malcolm right off the bat too that he had an immunity idol, although I'm glad he did. I like Malcolm.