Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Lisa Whelchel

Steve, that would be who would greet me if I were on Survivor...and I match any of my border collies against Abi and her mom any day of the week and twice when they have a pass the the final challenge!

Maybe your border collies could chase Abi back to Brazil! Please...... :clap:

o make me laff y doncha?

Guest 6Borders

They will even pack for her...lol!

Given the bite mark that Denise had, I don't think I would want my dog anywhere near all those Island critters.

2 nights ago he got into with a skunk and the skunk won.

It would probably be a different story if I had a pet mongoose.

Guest 6Borders

What kind of Survivor super-fan (she claims to be) sits at tribal council and spills her entire game plan!!!I like Lisa but she needs to be next to go!!!

I like her for winning after Denise. I really do like Mike, but he had a chance, but then he was so badly injured I guess he has passed into new territory so maybe I like Mike for second and then Lisa. I am really irritated at Malcolm for wanting to throw Denise under the bus on the reward trip. So I do not want him to win at all. I think I have flipped to Mike over Lisa right here while writing about it. LOL I think one can not help but like Lisa even if one can barf at the excessive religion stuff.

Anti-religion excess is as intolerable to me as religion-excess. I am a card-carrying believer in whatever gets you through the day and night. Lisa is entitled to her beliefs and entitled to express them. I seriously doubt that any higher power cares whether or not she wins Survivor but hey; I don't care, either. Lisa just talks too much and even though I like her okay, I don't expect her to win.

:kwasny:I'm anti-sheeple. She's VERY baaa baaaa Blechhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Guest 6Borders

Lisa totally missed Denise's point about Abi (too busy defending her Tandang Yellow). Abi has not outplayed, outwited or outlasted anyone on her own...Denise was correct, Abi's tribe didn't go to tribal or she prob would have been voted off a long time ago, and I don't seriously remember Abi doing anything major to help her tribe win, in fact, I think she sat out just about every challenge she could!

Lisa lives too much in the past for this game...the second you throw your buff down for a new or merged tribe what is past does not exist!

Anti-religion excess is as intolerable to me as religion-excess. I am a card-carrying believer in whatever gets you through the day and night. Lisa is entitled to her beliefs and entitled to express them. I seriously doubt that any higher power cares whether or not she wins Survivor but hey; I don't care, either. Lisa just talks too much and even though I like her okay, I don't expect her to win.

I said relig excess and I am not anti relig, I just hate magical thinking. in fact Lisa loved someone not of her relig so she dropped him and then there was a guy she did not love and she had a design for a wed ring in mind and he took her to a store and they had the special indiv design she had in mind so she thought it a sign from god and she married the guy and worked hard at dealing with not loving him for 24 years before divorce. That kind of thinking is just so idiotic, of course she has a right to it, but really it is as though there were a Devil that made a ring to make her think god was talking to her through this artificiality of a sign to make her turn from her own heart. The material world is an odd place to look for signs that go against what we really do know from the inside where reality truly resides.. So she prays for someone to go and they get immunity and that too is a sign BS just pure and simple

It's called gullibility. Believing some god grants game wishes whilst watching kids get shot. So much for mighty, fair and loving eh? Wtf ever. She has enough jurors POed at her not to win. Good.

Lisa totally missed Denise's point about Abi (too busy defending her Tandang Yellow). Abi has not outplayed, outwited or outlasted anyone on her own...Denise was correct, Abi's tribe didn't go to tribal or she prob would have been voted off a long time ago, and I don't seriously remember Abi doing anything major to help her tribe win, in fact, I think she sat out just about every challenge she could!

Lisa lives too much in the past for this game...the second you throw your buff down for a new or merged tribe what is past does not exist!

I agree

None know. Maybe people search for signs of accord. For some reason, I seem to remember that Lisa is born-again. Not sure. Maybe it is still a fresh boon to her; that religion. It's a futile argument, at best. The only truth being the right to believe what you wish as long as it isn't harmful to each other. If Lisa makes it to F2, will they like her enough to give her the money? That's the only important question in this mix. I vote no but it would be fine with me if she won.

She would make a good one to take to F2. I doubt if she would win over the others.

Guest 6Borders

The way the media is hyping her I bet she made it into F3, and obvious Carter is voting/voted for her, but I seriously don't see her winning this.

I wish they were not allowed to do ANY interviews until after the finale.

She's torked too many off flip flopping and blabbing to win.

Guest 6Borders

Well, 2/3'rds of the people left know she was a child star, so she's got a 33-1/3-66 2/3's chance she is going to be sitting with someone who might out her...I know I would if it was between Facts of Life royalties and Facts of a Million Dollars in my pocket...who knows how the jury would react but worth all stops!!!

I still find it difficult to believe that I am watching Blair on Survivor. Really.

That is strictly your hallucination, Slimcruz, LOL

glad to have been able to interact with all of you, I found it fun to watch a show and then see how others saw it.

I like her and I thought she explained her praying on Survivor and not expecting God to let her win because she prayed, but to help her to do her personal best. Anyways....way to go for winning the fan voted money! Lisa's a beautiful woman inside and out in my book!

Guest 6Borders

I was proud of her come-back to Penner...seriously, do you talk about what you did 25 years ago or recently. She gave it right back to him and didn't back down an inch. Guess she's learned something!

It's called gullibility. Believing some god grants game wishes whilst watching kids get shot. So much for mighty, fair and loving eh? Wtf ever. She has enough jurors POed at her not to win. Good.

I meant to comment to this before and forgot......it's true for me (not specifically related to Lisa Whelchel but sort of generally) as well, that reconciling infinite goodness with infinite terrible acts of humanity is a task best left to those with far stronger faith than I. I am not good at rationalizing and believing "just because," or something like that.