Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Lisa Whelchel

lisa_whelchel_480x610.jpg

Name (Age): Lisa Whelchel (49)

Tribe Designation: Tandang

Current Residence: Dallas, Texas

Personal Claim to Fame: My three delightful and interesting children and the close friendship we enjoy.

Inspiration in Life: I admire and respect Oprah. She has used her fame and fortune to help people.

Hobbies: Reading, scrapbooking and traveling.

Pet Peeves: People who judge other people.

3 Words to Describe You: Quick-witted, sharp-minded and brave-hearted.

If You Could Have 3 Things on The Island What Would They Be and Why?

1) A Bible with giant print because I don’t know if I would have my reading glasses.

2) A journal and a pen because I have a terrible memory and I don’t want to forget a minute of this experience.

3) Playing cards because I love to play games.

SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: Colby – I’m competitive, genuine and from Texas!

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: I LOVE the game and was born to play it. Plus, I want to meet Jeff Probst.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I am strong physically, intellectually and in will.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: My inherent make up is to assess the big picture goal, determine the steps to reach it, gain everything there is to learn about how to accomplish the goal, jump in with both feet, connect with other people’s strengths and never give up until the job is done.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/

WTF is Blair doing on Survivor?????

She is "quick-witted," and her agent got the gig for her?

Oh ffs. A bible and loves Oprah. Two x LOSER.

Why isn't Tootie on the show? :rolleyes:

I'd much rather have Nancy McKeon on. I liked Jo much better than Blair.

nods

Looks like from the previews of next week, she might not be around long, unless her team stays away from tribal.

Things that make you go hmmmmm

http://tv.yahoo.com/...-203447531.html

‘Facts of Life’ star Lisa Whelchel is divorced after 24 years of marriage

By Mike Krumboltz | Fall TV – 1 hour 52 minutes ago

• Lisa Whelchel, best known for playing the snooty Blair on "The Facts of Life," is divorced. The split occurred in March, a few days before Whelchel started work on "Survivor: Philippines."

I hope that the divorce didn't come as a surprise. 24 years is a long time. I will be surprised if Lisa wins. I only got to watch Facts of Life when I was being punished.

Hang in there Blair I mean Lisa

The things she wants to have on the island prove she has no real survival awareness at all. She's just another typical US clueless citizen incompetent to live without shopping, even if she has some ancient seasons of forgotten fame. LOL

I like it that Lisa thinks that God doesn't care who wins Survivor.

Then why does she want a Bible? I did not see that in her post id. Did I miss it in something she said?

Then why does she want a Bible? I did not see that in her post id. Did I miss it in something she said?

Having her favorite book does not mean she thinks God cares about the game of Survivor. ;)

I love lisa and want her to stay! I understand she is trying to reinvent herself after the divorce and all! I hope she goes far! Her tribe though, i dont like their mentality..we are young unare old u need to go! She work that puzzle! She is a valuable asset! But the other girls using their bodies to get what they want! How well can they handle mental comps! Idk!

Guest 6Borders

The last thing this show needs if a female "Benjamin/Coach". These "celebrities" always come on reality tv planning to hide their identity and they get recognized right away. She's lucky Michael is a gentleman and didn't mention it, even tho he almost called her "Blair" in front of the whole group :lol: I don't see her lasting long.

I love lisa and want her to stay! I understand she is trying to reinvent herself after the divorce and all! I hope she goes far! Her tribe though, i dont like their mentality..we are young unare old u need to go! She work that puzzle! She is a valuable asset! But the other girls using their bodies to get what they want! How well can they handle mental comps! Idk!

Michael is the same age as Lisa, and they accepted him into their alliance. Lisa has made no effort to have a relationship with the younger women in her tribe, so why should they care?

Michael is the same age as Lisa, and they accepted him into their alliance. Lisa has made no effort to have a relationship with the younger women in her tribe, so why should they care?

She knows she is unimportant to them due to her age. They would resent her as a mom figure and find her ridiculous as a threat (in their eyes she is a hasbeen)

Screw 'em. I like her. I hope she stays.

ditto

She is such a fan of the show. The youngsters are mostly there for fame and face time.

I like the fact that she was willing to give new things a try. Like starting a fire from scratch. The other girls I think just wanted to flirt with the buff guys and tan. Go Lisa!

Screw 'em. I like her. I hope she stays.

ditto

She is such a fan of the show. The youngsters are mostly there for fame and face time.

I like the fact that she was willing to give new things a try. Like starting a fire from scratch. The other girls I think just wanted to flirt with the buff guys and tan. Go Lisa!

I agree with all 3 of you, what I posted was an analysis of how those young women were reacting to her, and was not my pov.