Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Michael Skupin

michael_skupin_480x610.jpg

Name (Age): Michael Skupin (50)

Previous Season: “Survivor: The Australian Outback

Previous Finish: Medical Evacuation due to severe burns received after passing out into a fire from smoke inhalation. After inhaling a thick cloud of smoke, I passed out and fell forward into the fire suffering severe burns all over my body, the worst of which was on my hands.

Tribe Designation: Tandang

Current Residence: White Lake, Mich.

Personal Claim to Fame: I have seven of them that I feed everyday – my children. And, ranking 23rd on TV Guide and TV Land's List of the 100 Most Unexpected TV Moments. It’s an honor to have been there when it all started!

Inspiration in Life: My dad, a true warrior who lost a battle to cancer when he was 28 and my mom who battled emphysema for 17 years and never complained. She taught me what tough was.

Hobbies: Sports and fitness, coaching my kids and anything to do with water… in it, on it, over it, looking at it or listening to it.

Pet Peeves: Negativity and pessimism. The glass is always full.

3 Words to Describe You: Adventurous, spontaneous and competitive.

If You Could Have 3 Things on The Island What Would They Be and Why?

1) Animals to hunt for food.

2) An impenetrable shelter.

3) An unbreakable alliance.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: To avenge a long-standing internal battle, wondering if I can win this game in spite of the changes and my 12 year absence. No matter what any returning player may say, you never stop thinking about going back. And: 7 cars when they turn 16, 7 college educations, 7 weddings… I want to be there for my kids at all times when they need me.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: The physical part I’m ultra prepared for. I never stop moving. The survival part won’t be an issue. I grew up in the woods. My crazy family life has prepared me exceptionally for the mental part. I’m surviving seven kids!

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: There is no other returning player in the history of this game with more to prove than me. I’ll find a way to win, whatever it takes! I won’t give up… ever, ever , ever, ever!

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/

Such a nice guy. And who can forget him falling into that fire!

Recall the fire thing... ( sorta ). Him, not at all.

DIBS (he is more my age bracket) :lol:

Was he the one who looked like a psycho hunting some animal on his season? I remember an attitude that seemed to go beyond hunting for food.

By your comment I can assume your in your 30's? :jawdrop:

Have to say that I'm very happy that he is getting a second chance, I've been waiting for this one.

You're lucky you found one to dibs, I am finding them all very lacking this year

By your comment I can assume your in your 30's? :jawdrop:

I wish 30's. eeek. Try 50's. ;)

That was hilarious last night. If he wanted to prove something the second time around, he's not doing a very good job.

I got your back ~ Stay in there.

He was awesome killing the pig. That season he absolutely had my vote because nothing survives like having some food to eat. LOL Most of the contestants just loll about hoping to hang onto their fat so they can eat sparingly off themselves. Noone knows to gather seeds, greens, roots, grubs. Not one ever researches the area they are going into to check on what native people eat and forage for. This year finally they've got someone able to make fire without flint. I made a fire all on my own with a stick when I was eight and no one showed me, I just heard of the practice and did it. You want to survive, make fire, hunt and gather those are real survivor skills. There are skills like making lean to and using leaves to make a roof also that can be researched. Not one of these idiots ever thinks to learn. Even the clothes they bring to the island, no thought to having layers, a poncho to make into a tent against rain...and why does the show provide white rice when brown rice has so much more food value?

He was awesome killing the pig. That season he absolutely had my vote because nothing survives like having some food to eat. LOL Most of the contestants just loll about hoping to hang onto their fat so they can eat sparingly off themselves. No one knows to gather seeds, greens, roots, grubs. Not one ever researches the area they are going into to check on what native people eat and forage for. This year finally they've got someone able to make fire without flint. I made a fire all on my own with a stick when I was eight and no one showed me, I just heard of the practice and did it. You want to survive, make fire, hunt and gather those are real survivor skills. There are skills like making lean to and using leaves to make a roof also that can be researched. Not one of these idiots ever thinks to learn. Even the clothes they bring to the island, no thought to having layers, a poncho to make into a tent against rain...and why does the show provide white rice when brown rice has so much more food value?

Surely these people do some research on the indigenous flora and fauna? Does Survivor provide any material on say dangerous snakes, insects and fish? I know if I was going out there, I'd be studying and researching all information I could find. And building a fire would be at the top of my list. B)

Surely these people do some research on the indigenous flora and fauna? Does Survivor provide any material on say dangerous snakes, insects and fish? I know if I was going out there, I'd be studying and researching all information I could find. And building a fire would be at the top of my list. B)

I have not seen evidence that they do that research. You have a survivor mentality Catwishes

I have not seen evidence that they do that research. You have a survivor mentality Catwishes

Thank you ;)

However, it's common sense to me. I think it should be to them also. Why place yourself in a position to have to depend on another person for the basic ammenities such as fire and food?

Guest 6Borders

One of my favs (even tho I dislike returning players)...hope he does well this time around.

One of my favs (even tho I dislike returning players)...hope he does well this time around.

Me too.

I like him, but I don't know if he'll make it out alive or not....man, how much more accident prone can you get, lol!

Guest 6Borders

Nicest guy in the world but he's an accident waiting to happen. I'd hate to see him go home on a medical evac again!!!