Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Brisol Palin and Mark Ballas

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,888 posts
Brisol Palin

Was there ever another Dancing star who coming back week after week after seemingly always being the underdog? We can’t wait to see what Bristol the Pistol has in store for us as an All-Star.

Bristol Palin, 21 years old, was born and raised in Wasilla, Alaska. Bristol is the second child and oldest daughter of former Governor of Alaska Sarah Palin and her husband, Todd. Bristol and Levi Johnston's son, Tripp Easton Mitchell Johnston, was born in 2008.

Bristol is an author, speaker, and reality television personality. After she became a single mother at age 18, Bristol began to publicly advocate teenage pregnancy prevention, and is now a paid speaker on the subject of teen pregnancy. In May 2009, at age 18, Bristol worked with The National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy to inform young people about the negative consequences of teenage pregnancy.

In May 2009, Bristol was named a Teen Pregnancy Prevention Ambassador for the Candie’s Foundation, a teen pregnancy prevention organization that is a division of the Candie's clothing brand. Her duties as a paid spokeswoman involved attending town hall meetings, public service announcements, and giving interviews on morning talk shows.

Bristol competed in the fall 2010 season of Dancing with the Stars and reached the finals, finishing in third place. In June 2011, Bristol and Nancy French released her memoir Not Afraid of Life: My Journey So Far. Bristol candidly discusses aspects of her personal life, including tensions with the McCain family and losing her virginity. The book was a New York Times bestseller.

Currently, Bristol is starring in a docu-series Life's a Tripp. The series follows Bristol as she adjusts back to normal routine in Alaska.

Mark Ballas

BACKGROUND:
Coming from a family of international dance stars, it's no surprise that Mark has two shiny disco ball trophies at home. He even beat out his dad, Corky, and tied with childhood friend Derek Hough, for the wins.

Mark joined the show in Season 5. Despite their stellar performances, he and partner Sabrina Bryan were eliminated in week six. It was so controversial that various websites voted it 2007's Most Shocking TV Moment.

Despite the Season 5 upset, Mark came back to win the DWTS title in Season 6 with partner Kristi Yamaguchi, and again in Season 8 with Shawn Johnson. In Season 14, he made it to the finals, before landing in second place with Katherine Jenkins.

Born in Houston, Texas, Mark moved to London with his family as a child and joined the Italia Conti Academy of Dramatic Arts Associate School where his training in acting and singing/dancing began.
He grew up with fellow DWTS pros Derek and Julianne Hough, who lived and trained with his parents. He says they are more like family than friends. "We get along like brothers...we fight like brothers." Mark and Julianne partnered to win Junior Latin American and Junior Olympics dance championships.

As an actor, Mark has played the lead in the musical Copacabana. He also took on roles in the UK tour of Maria de Buenos Aires, and was an understudy in the London Palladium production of The Buddy Holly Musical. Plus, maybe you caught his guest star appearance on the 2008 season premiere of Samantha Who?

When he's not dancing, Mark focuses on his other passion, which is music. He rocks out with his band on tour and in the studio, and has released two CD's as a solo artist and one as the Ballas Hough band.
ACHIEVEMENTS:

• British Juvenile Ballroom and Latin American dance champ
• US Open to the World, British Open to the World and International Open to the World Junior Latin American Champ
• Junior Olympics Gold Medal Winner
• British Open to the World, US Open to the World, International Open to the World twice, United Kingdom, Youth Latin American Dance Champion

PRIOR CELEBRITY PARTNERS:

• Katherine Jenkins
• Kristin Cavallari
• Chelsea Kane
• Bristol Palin
• Shannen Doherty
• Melissa Joan Hart
• Shawn Johnson
• Kim Kardashian
• Kristi Yamaguchi
• Sabrina Bryan

http://beta.abc.go.c...st-announcement

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
No, just no

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
What a freaking joke. PUKE.

KatO

KatO

• Pip
  • 125 posts
Hopefully she'll be one of the first few out. I have a feeling she'll make the final rounds though.

Slimcruz

Slimcruz

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 8,263 posts
I am surprised to see her there again. He gets on my nerves.

sparklet

sparklet

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 3,564 posts
Not again! Just say no! The palins are like a tick! They suck up the air and just wont go away!

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
Sparklet that might be the first time EVER that you and I agree on something lol

Marty

Marty

• Pip
  • 31,633 posts
:blink:

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
The judges were on crack tonight if they thought she looked good. I can't believe Len gave her the same score he gave Shawn Johnson. She needs to go home second or first out. I will give her that she is better than Pam Anderson, but that's it. It's ridiculous that she made it to finals last time and that they brought her back on all-stars.

Catwishes

Catwishes

• Pip
  • 1,628 posts
I think it was because her mother was sitting in the audience. The judges decided to be kind.

Marty

Marty

• Pip
  • 31,633 posts
She did pretty good. Lots of improvement. She has always seemed like a sweet girl.

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
In jeopardy! Fingers crossed!!!
It does pain me to say this, but Pam A is the worst and should go this week. But if they let Bristol hang around too long like last time, it will be a shame because there are SO many really good dancers this time and she is just meh.

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
Ugh, overscored again. 6's were way too generous - she didn't even do a proper quick step -broke hold, not enough hold, terrible form in hold; it was just awwwwwwwwwwkward - country quick step.

KyTallgirl

KyTallgirl

• Pip
  • 205 posts
She seems like a really sweet girl and I admire the fact that she had the guts to come back on the show after all the harsh criticism she received last time she was on DWTS....BUT, she should've been the one to go home last night and not Joey IMO. She just isn't anywhere near as good as the rest of the dancers this season.

Marty

Marty

• Pip
  • 31,633 posts

She seems like a really sweet girl and I admire the fact that she had the guts to come back on the show after all the harsh criticism she received last time she was on DWTS....BUT, she should've been the one to go home last night and not Joey IMO. She just isn't anywhere near as good as the rest of the dancers this season.

agree - She also seems to know she is no competition with the other dancers. She will probably go soon. With this All Stars we are going to see some really good dancers go. I love the sweet personality Bristol has but this is not a persoanlity contest.

Catwishes

Catwishes

• Pip
  • 1,628 posts

agree - She also seems to know she is no competition with the other dancers. She will probably go soon. With this All Stars we are going to see some really good dancers go. I love the sweet personality Bristol has but this is not a persoanlity contest.

No it's a popularity contest. I'm really upset that she stayed and Joey went home. No way she could out-dance Joey. NRA must have voted for her :gunsmilie:

KatO

KatO

• Pip
  • 125 posts
I'm predicting she'll probably slide her way to final five at very least. I'd far rather see her go in next weeks double elim but I'm also realistic enough to realize that the chances of that happening are darn slim.

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts

No it's a popularity contest. I'm really upset that she stayed and Joey went home. No way she could out-dance Joey. NRA must have voted for her :gunsmilie:

I was appalled that not only did she stay, she wasn't even in the bottom 3. Just wrong. They had no business bringing her or Pam Anderson back this season. If they couldn't find enough past GOOD dancers to fill the cast, then just have a smaller cast!

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
What a little hissy fit last night. Screamed of poor me, please vote for me because even my partner is against me. Sadly the judges rewarded her with nice scores even though her dance was just so-so, and they didn't show her having ANY creative input like the other stars had to do....

Marty

Marty

• Pip
  • 31,633 posts
Maybe she was a little edgy because she gets death threaths and people sending white powder and people hating her just because they hate her mother. I don't understand the hate people have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users