Morty Covering BB Canada?

morty

I spoke with a rep of the producers of Big Brother Canada today. As of now, they do not have any deals in place to broadcast their BB on a US TV channel, but she said, "That could change by February." They also have not finalized arrangements for the live feeds.

If BB Canada is not broadcast in the US, and I've already checked, The Slice Channel is not available from any of the conventional cable/FiOS/Dish companies, it would greatly hinder my ability to to cover it. And without live feeds, there's very little I could do.

I would like offer the resources of our forums, and web space on Morty's TV for an interested party to cover BB Canada. Hopefully, by February they'll have arranged to bring BB to their US fans. The person I spoke to was impressed with our traffic and the percentage of Canadians participating and viewing our pages. The person I spoke with said they'd keep me informed (she was very nice, but you'd expect that, she's Canadian).

-Morty

I can't see Grodner and CBS giving them the permission to broadcast it in the US and risk showing them up, so the best hope is that live feeds won't be geo-blocked and that episodes are easily available online one way or the other.

Even if it's a reduced service (as little as episode recaps and perhaps live updates on nominations etc.) that would still be great - and I'm sure you have plenty of Canadian members willing to help out.

I can't see Grodner and CBS giving them the permission to broadcast it in the US and risk showing them up,

On the other hand, if it works out like The Glass House, it will show that Grodner and CBS do it best. [i think there's a better chance it would go the other way.]

Are they going to have live feeds?

I imagine so, they keep saying everything will be like the American version, but she said that do not have a deal in place yet. Many years back CBS and Real were going season-to-season with their contracts, and sometimes it would be right up to the wire before they'd say they have a deal.

• 3 weeks later...

I checked at www.slice.ca and you can't view content/video from a Foreign Country at this time. Maybe we could get a Local Toronto or Montreal Channel we could Watch online ? I can see the wheels of ZuZu Mamou turning now

There won't be a 'local' channel as it will air on Slice. Either you have Slice or you don't. It's a specialty channel. I can't imagine that they would give up the chance to earn money with feeds - at least on a minor level anyways in form of an After Dark or something......

Wow I think I might actually have something useful to add here! I know one of the executives at Shaw (the company that owns Slice) who brought the deal to Canada and spoke to her back in June after it was officially announced (I know them through my job). They said that the reason they had waited so long to bring it to Canada was the conditions were never right, but now with the resources of social media it could be viable. Also, from our conversation I understood that they would be taking advantage of all possible forms of revenue, including live feeds. Wish me luck I am going to try out at the live audition in Toronto in a couple of weeks.

Wow I think I might actually have something useful to add here! I know one of the executives at Shaw (the company that owns Slice) who brought the deal to Canada and spoke to her back in June after it was officially announced (I know them through my job). They said that the reason they had waited so long to bring it to Canada was the conditions were never right, but now with the resources of social media it could be viable. Also, from our conversation I understood that they would be taking advantage of all possible forms of revenue, including live feeds. Wish me luck I am going to try out at the live audition in Toronto in a couple of weeks.

Good luck. It would be nice to have someone from Morty on BB.

The best thing that happened to TV in Canada is letting Shaw Cable purchase one of the Major Networks and Bell purchasing the other Major neworks. Shaw does a very good job and it's the first year having BBAD. The programming is so much better now they have control.

I can see Shaw selling it to a US channel because it would help with costs. They purchase BB US and might say US needs to purchase theirs. Maybe it could air on Showtime. All I hope that the US BB doesn't help Canada with show. I'd be pissed if the US casting people come to help pick the player.

Guest 6Borders

It's really going to suck if Grodner gets her dirty little mitts on BB Canada and ruins it like she's all-but-ruined the US show.

I did NOT watch BB14 after about 3 episodes because I am so sick of Grodner bringing back people. The last thing BB Canada needs is Brenchel and Jessie up there Cannucking it!!

It's really going to suck if Grodner gets her dirty little mitts on BB Canada and ruins it like she's all-but-ruined the US show.

I did NOT watch BB14 after about 3 episodes because I am so sick of Grodner bringing back people. The last thing BB Canada needs is Brenchel and Jessie up there Cannucking it!!

amen to that!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

It wouldn't be a BB experience without checking in with my friends here at Morty's so......

I'm about to leave for the auditions in Toronto. Hoping for the best but really, want I want is to capture the experience of the casting call. You know me, it's all about capturing it all; like the chomping sounds into the mic, the 400th time someone repeated the same conversation and who won the HOH. Slice just announced yesterday that Mike "Boogie" will be there. I hope I have the chance to thank him for making some of my morning shifts here pretty interesting this past summer.

Wendy - I hope to see you in line. Try and capture your experience to share here in our own BB Canada forum - same goes for the rest of you who have auditioned. Obviously don't share anything that could affect your standing or is against any agreement you signed but what you can share - please do. Be proud Canada!!

Morty - if there's an opportunity to capture a photo in front of any Big Brother Canada back grounds, I'll drop a Morty's TV bomb in one of my personal pictures and share it here for you!

Hope everyone is enjoying the rest of their reality year!

:animated_wave:

• 3 months later...
Guest 6Borders

Mike Boogie is going to be where? Hopefully just at the casting calls. He (and the other idiot coaches) were the reason I didn't watch last season but I heard plenty about Boogie Bad Behavior, cheating, etc.

I better see ALL CANADIANS in the Big Brother Canada House...lol!!

• 4 weeks later...

I have a Canadian friend, who also auditioned for BB Canada. Mike Boogie "was" there. Why , she didn't know.

I would think if BBCanada is using an American to promote interest during their auditions, then they would realize what a market the U. S would be for their show.

Of course, they may not want us? Don't see what good this would do . We, want to watch and chat with all our Canadian friends and they with us. There are an awful lotof disappointed people here in the United States. :(

There won't be a 'local' channel as it will air on Slice. Either you have Slice or you don't. It's a specialty channel. I can't imagine that they would give up the chance to earn money with feeds - at least on a minor level anyways in form of an After Dark or something......

I just checked my digital box and the first show will air on Global TV and Slice in Canada. After that it's going to be on Slice. Also noticed that they will be repeating the TV show at 2 am and 9 am West coast time.

We are in significant need for TFUs (Twitter/Facebook Updaters) for Big Brother Canada. If you want to join the TFU team to help provide live feed updates for Morty's TV, please email contact.mortystv@gmail.com ASAP. Whether you can only cover a couple hours a week or every day, please consider joining our dedicated team of live feed TFUs. We need Canadians in all time zones. You do not have to be on Facebook or Twitter to join the team.

Fuskie

Who hopes some of you will stand up for Canada and become a BB Canada TFU this winter...