Ian, Week 4

CeCiMom

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry but I just cannot see why Ian came on the show. The only way I can see him getting to the end is by being dragged there. He's the odd ball kid that everybody picks on. So he does anything he can to make everybody happy, so that they don't pick on him. He don't/won't care what they do to him as long as they will let him sit near them and be part of the group.

I'm sorry but I just cannot see why Ian came on the show. The only way I can see him getting to the end is by being dragged there. He's the odd ball kid that everybody picks on. So he does anything he can to make everybody happy, so that they don't pick on him. He don't/won't care what they do to him as long as they will let him sit near them and be part of the group.

He already said why, for the experience.

Kids whose parents beat them are very affectionate to the parents. Ian exhibits the behavior of having been bullied, but he is also very intelligent and is trying to learn what goes on with the popular and "normal" people. With any time spent with them, he may just realize they are boring. He is the most interesting person on the show.

I actually think that on his part it's strategy. This kid realizes he doesn't have dr.will charm and can't win over the house guests in the same way. He is very very smart though and from his performance in the endurance comp, physically strong too. I think this doormat persona is there on purpose, to prevent people from seeing/realizing what a threat he really is.

When you're on the outside of a big group, it's actually pretty good to be a +1, because while you're "just a vote" everyone around you whose a bigger threat is getting picked off left right and center. Take a look at Adam from last season.. he got pretty darn close to winning the whole thing by just being a "vote". In Dan's season, look how many votes came down to him? I have been saying for years that I think people give "floaters" or rather how I like to think of them "voters" a bad wrap. Sure it may not be as thrilling as watching ego-maniac muscle guys try to out man each other, or watch the girls draw lines in the stand and have girl on girl cattiness, but there is something to be said for laying back and letting that play out all around you .. because when the dust settles you're still standing and can run it all the way to the end.

He is playing "cowboy's" game to a tea, well on his season, Cowboy ended up in the Final 2.

The thing of it is, I don't think he will be like Cowboy and get dragged there. If he's there it's because he ate slop for 14 weeks, wore dog costumes, let them "play" dolls with him, by making him go on a date with Ashley, etc. He can't be Dr. Will but by being everyone's little brother, there is a certain type of social game involved in that.

Dr.Will himself endorsed him as the one most likely to win, and if these people are angry enough at one another, whomever Ian faces in the end, they might just throw a win his way. And with 9 more evictions left after this one, there is a lot of game left for him to actually win some comps.

Ian remains my favorite house guest.

:2thumbsup:. :clap: :clap: Great post, Cassyn! I think Ian may end up as a pawn a few times just because none of the others see him as a threat and the other non would go home. Some have said he is annoying but then little brothers always are ;) . But there are people that are more annoying and more of a threat than Ian

I think he is the best player this season. No one is worried about him and he doesn't talk crap about anyone but the one thing he does do is listen. I hope he outsmarts both boogie and Dan and wins the whole thing

You know what, as much as I love me some Dan Gheesling... I would not be heartbroken if Ian won the whole thing. I swear that I am totally envying his relishing the whole Big Brother experience. From spanking himself with the spatula to crawling underneath that seat while they had him on the HOH spycam to volunteering to be on slop and NOT whining about it to the cute little puppy dog costume... If I wanted another kid I would adopt him. Just sayin.

I think he is the best player this season. No one is worried about him and he doesn't talk crap about anyone but the one thing he does do is listen. I hope he outsmarts both boogie and Dan and wins the whole thing

Love my little puppy

I'm listening to a discussion between he and Jenn at the moment where he's bashing Joe and Janelle, and just just being really arrogant....And he's disgusting me. I hope he's gone within 2 weeks because that's about as long as I can tolerate him. I care nothing about the punishements he took, it was his choice to do so, and since I know what a lil bastard he is now, they're well deserved.

I'm listening to a discussion between he and Jenn at the moment where he's bashing Joe and Janelle, and just just being really arrogant....And he's disgusting me. I hope he's gone within 2 weeks because that's about as long as I can tolerate him. I care nothing about the punishements he took, it was his choice to do so, and since I know what a lil bastard he is now, they're well deserved.

I noticed his arrogance yesterday too and was put off by it. If that's his true self, I won't be liking him much. :(

I've said it before, but I'll say it again, everyone in the BB house bashes each other at some point. It's just a fact of life in the house. Some do it more than others, but they all do it.

So if you dislike one person for doing, you really should end up disliking them all.

You are right, he's only human. With cameras on you 24/7, at some point something not so nice about you is going to come out unfortunately.

I'd like to say he's just caught up in the moment, or trying to fit in by joining the others in bashing, but I've seen him do it before as well.

I try to look at it as part of the game for the most part because once the game is over and the other HG find out, they seem to get over it for the most part.

I can't see me ever being on the Ian train because I don't find anything entertaining about a man being diminished the way he is by the other house guests and/or the viewers.

However, I didn't see the exchange between Jenn and Ian... If he really is a diabolical schemer who is playing up his idiosyncrasies just so he can wait for his moment to pounce on them one by one... I will 100% jump on his bandwagon!

Ian is in such a great position right now. I do hope he wins HoH on Thursday and takes Joe out like he said he wanted to do. Nobody would care and therefore he won't be a target. I still think he's going to win....I've thought this since before the season started.

Ian is in such a great position right now. I do hope he wins HoH on Thursday and takes Joe out like he said he wanted to do. Nobody would care and therefore he won't be a target. ...

Totally agree!