Ian Terry, Week 3

CeCiMom

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The theory (phony as it is) is that Ian would not vote to get rid of Ash...so that is how the blame got diverted

From what I've seen, the ONLY time Ian has said anything game related is that he would never put up or vote out Ashley. If Shane told boogie they wanted Joe out for sure and were blaming Ian voting out Ashley, why in the world would boogie believe that? Makes zero sense.

I like him less and less. The convo between him and Dan in the early hours today was excruciating to listen/watch. He won't turn on Boogie. He's delusional about Ashley. There's no "game" to him and I'm embarrassed for him that he relegates himself as the house mascot. I predict a terror HoH if he wins (Whether Boogie controls him or not.)

Best thing I can say about him is that he's not Jenn.

Well, all he can do is move up my list at this point. 'Cause there's no way he can get more useless than Jenn. ;)

Ian says Boogie has been telling him to not be nervous as much as he is. Dan says what kind of things can you do to not be nervous? Dan goes onto say that he thinks Dani's game has really stepped it up because of his coaching. Ian says he thinks he's become a way better player as the weeks have gone on. Dan asks Ian what if he were to start working with some of the coaches if they came in the game (Now we see where Dan's head is at....)

Here we see Dan mining the opportunity of making Ian a part of the alliance of Shane and danielle. He is also making himself a potential ally with them both by pointing out the advantage of his coaching continuing if he enters the game. Why Shane has not seen this possible ally has more to do with a tendency people have to judge people on looks. Even tho Danielle is irritating in her neediness, she looks like a regular person where Ian has been marginalized by his brains and his slight body to being not one of the in folks. He is painfullly aware of that to his detriment.

I agree with your perception of Ian's situation, NYROSE. Dan recognizes Ian's potential to serve. On Dan's behalf.

:golfclap: if the sheep wanna follow just continue to lead them

but Ian is smarter and is basically playing Dan's game (lay low, stay quiet, come hard at the end)...or he really is that awkward.

:golfclap: if the sheep wanna follow just continue to lead them

but Ian is smarter and is basically playing Dan's game (lay low, stay quiet, come hard at the end)...or he really is that awkward.

I've been thinking for a bit that it is time for Ian to step-up. I guess that I am curious to see if he will. I still like him. What's not to like, really? He is certainly one of the nicer people ever on BB. Nervous, though. Really nervous, that guy. It's a great shame that they didn't include a comparable female with whom he would and could have been comfortable and manly. Ashley is so wrong for him in all important ways.

Ian shows signs of having a slight case of tourettes or a mild form of autism called aspergers. I've seen a lot of people with aspergers who are off the chart smart.

My brother has aspergers (self diagnosed) he his highly intelligent but a little socially awkward. He is a goofball and his hobby is storm chasing. He lives in Chicago burbs.

It always amazing me when they find people that have been watching a show for years, and then when they enter the game to play for themselves...you find out, that they do not know how to play at all. I am not sure Ian learned anything from watching the show every year. Not only does he appear socially awkward, he seems to be totally lost and completely in over his head.

I think that Ian is probably a lot more social outside the BB house. Ian makes me uncomfortable. I don't want to see him mistreated but like I said earlier, being thrust into a stressful 24/7 situation with someone with Ian's idiosyncrasies could make a person react in a different manner than they might were the person familiar to them. They basically disregard him. I keep waiting for the plot to thicken with Ian. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting.

In my opinion, Ashley needs to stay away from Ian. He rivals Danielle in unrequited lovesickness.

Ian shows signs of having a slight case of tourettes or a mild form of autism called aspergers. I've seen a lot of people with aspergers who are off the chart smart.

I am not a Doctor but I play one on the Internet and he is definitely an Aspergers kid. I have a 19 year old with Aspergers and see a lot of my son him. My son does not stem like Ian does. Stemming is his coping tool to keep in control, so that is when you will see repetitive behavior such as rocking and in his case always moving. Most Aspies are very smart and have a focus that they excel at. My son is into Acting. He can pretty much mimic any actor and memorizes lines quickly and with little effort. Aspies are socially awkward and have a difficult time mixing in with the norm. They usually cannot and do not make eye contact. The fascinating thing is that Aspergers kids are socially awkward. This is such of an accomplishment for Ian to be in that house, but I believe it to be his "focus that he excels at" since he has such knowledge of the game. I saw him name all the players in order of their eviction from season one to current. If that isn’t an Aspies kid I don’t know what it is!

Aspergers or not he is really bad at this game. I'm thinking maybe he watched big brother so much because he never was social and that is kind of sad. I'm just really trying to understand if Big Brother new about his condition. I actually watched big brother all the time too because I wasn't really social so I can relate to Ian. I'll probably eat my words but this game is not meant for Ian. It is above all else a social game and without social skills it is going to be REALLY hard for him to win. But anything is possible. I mean Adam from BB9 won and he was a lunatic lol

Here's a weird clip from a few minutes ago:

August 2, 1:09 am, Feed 1- About 30 seconds in he spends about 2 minutes headbutting the teddy bear, rocking back and forth like he's having a seizure, looks like he's going to cry several times, frantically whispers to himself while waving his hands around... I'm really starting to worry about this kid's mental well-being...