Ian Terry, Week 3

CeCiMom

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

medium chance he goes on the block :animated_bouncy:

He really needs to stop slavishly following the coach as that will stop him from making alliances. This season requires players to overcome the box they have been put in with coaches and teams. They must mutually discover that an alliance is their best shot.

I think he's playing a terrible game. Saying he won't nominate Ashley or vote her out, volunteeing to be a have not, boasting about his photographic memory and ability to handle endurance comps (which remains to be seen) and saying he's just there for the experience.

Basically it's like anyone can do anything they want to him and he'll just take it and not be mad, so he's an easy target to pick on.

I like Ian and I wish that he would hush.

I'm with you Slim, and last night Dr Will said he thinks Ian could win, said Boogie is just a grown up version of Ian,lolol, but he does need to zip it, fo sho

Ashley is not smart, but she is surely experienced to lead and manipulate Ian's virgin penis mind around. If he does not get wise and strategize outside of his Booger nest, he will go down when it suit them. And Ashley slavishly following her mentor makes him think that is the way to go. He needs to get some perspective and think about other games he watched so closely.

In my opinion, NYROSE, and someone else said it already pretty much, Ian's big problem is telling everyone within earshot how clever he is at this and that and volunteering. He loves to volunteer. I am waiting for him to pawn himself with glee.

Ian hasn't factored into the game much, if at all but, he had this "rain man" quality that had me sorta rooting for him to get past the 1st half of the game and then turn his "beautiful mind" on and kick some ass. I do adore that he wants to play this game straight up... no lying, no back-dooring, like a purist; muscle against muscle and brain against brain and may the better players get to the end.

However, last night... he began to worry me. I just don't know if he can keep it together long enough. He was rocking back and forth in his chair for what seemed like an hour or two. (I don't think he was aware he was doing this... it was like the guy in the psychiactric ward in the corner, sucking his thumb and rocking back and for kind of thing.) His eyes are constantly darting about and he says very little conversationally. Then to run around buck naked seemed to be to BB mascot(ish). And, the thing with Ashley has got to stop. I hate that he doesn't see she's not interested but, is using him when she needs him and trying to get rid of him when she doesn't.

I think I read in the updates that Ian mentions that he is "stimming", which is related to conditions such as autism. I am not saying he is autistic or anything since I am not a doctor but he has used that word. From what I know, stimming gets worse during stress but there is also something about a bad diet that can increase stimming. He has been a have-not for a long time and not eating well at all. Plus probably not sleeping well.

Don't know if Ian has the social smarts to know when a woman is playing him. I'm sure he knows that Ashley isn't interested in him in a sexual way but I think he believes she is his friend. He probably wouldn't think she was stabbing him in the back every chance she gets.

Yes he is the one who used the word stimming, not us. I am not rooting for him--I'm tired of him too. He was so happy he won the 3000 that he literally cried. He is a student and needs the money badly. Yet he is willing to throw everything out the window for Ashley who wouldn't even kiss him last night but kissed a few other men, including one who should be having a relationship with his own baby's mother!

I have a very close friend who has a mild form of stereotypic movement disorder. He reminds me of Ian. I've known and loved him all our lives so it is something that I just don't really even notice anymore. He is much worse when stressed. He is very good-looking and attracts women easily. Holding onto them is another matter entirely.

I really do like Ian. I hope that Big Brother works out for him. IMO, he needs a friend. Ashley clearly isn't.

That said, I try to remember that these people knew what they were doing when they entered the Big Brother portal. It is not rehab.

ITA, Cecimom. Ian was a little out of characters last night. But that is due to being on Slop since the show began. It is not fair. Hope he wins next HOH and gets a week of luxury...but with coaches running for HOH. it'll be hard to beat Dan or Janie, don't you think?

I'm positive what I saw last night is due to stress. He is an observer and he (and we) saw a lot of back and forth, double talking people, yesterday/last night. (He was in on a conversation with Boogie and Danielle and Boogie was saying things that really weren't what he thought was going on in the house. Even said it's possible Ian has to go up next week as a pawn. Now, I'm sure Boogie was saying that for Danielle's sake but, at the time [and I don't know if Boogie set Ian straight] I'm sure Ian was shocked his own coach was throwing his name out there.)

These conversations that he mostly overheard or was just a stand by-er to were constantly contradictory. (ie talking smack about someone and then an hour later, laughing and scheming with that same person) I think he needs time to process all this because his game was that next week Shane or Danielle go (he needs/wants Dan out) and after yesterday he saw that something else might be happening. And, I'm sure it's becoming more and more obvious that Boogie favors Frank over him and the other girl on his team. Without real food for so long... I'm not sure he can make another week of slop and still hang in there mentally. I hope for the best for him though... either way.

LenRay... as far as beating Dan or Janie for HoH next week? I think Dan won't go for it and Janie, (and her team) and Britney will be gunning for it big time. If the coaches come back in... Britney is a shoe in for endurance with Ian and Janie his biggest competitors, imo.

Wasn't Britney pretty weak in the endurance comps? I think that is what I remember. Dan I think is the best at endurance but he has to go for it. I don't think he will go for it now because he has laid low and most likely Janelle is the biggest target for the coaches. She is the comp queen after all. I think Dan will wait until he sees the threat and start winning comps.