Jenn Arroyo, Week 3

CeCiMom

Sometimes they can be interesting but Jenn is just not there. Wil said the other day, Ithink I can sway Jenn she trusts me but she keeps to herself all the time but we are alike. How does someone keep to themselves all day in that house? What could they be doing?

Sometimes they can be interesting but Jenn is just not there. Wil said the other day, Ithink I can sway Jenn she trusts me but she keeps to herself all the time but we are alike. How does someone keep to themselves all day in that house? What could they be doing?

Playing air guitar? Pondering what she is going to do to her body next? Pondering what she is going to do to her hair (or scalp, in her case) next? Trying to remember where she is and why?

I wouldn't characterize Jenn as someone going through a "rocker phase" she is and was a professional, successful musician. The band Kittie was successful and burst onto the scene around the same time that rap-metal became a huge thing (limp-bizkit, korn, kid rock) and teen-pop music was firing up the airwaves (britney spears, nsync etc), providing instead a blend of glam rock and death metal, and were somewhat shocking because of their age (they were fresh from high school themselves) and were female, in a male dominated rock world. Jenn wasn't part of this band at this initial launch (the late 90's joining only later around 2002ish {re: Season 3 of Big Brother}.

She eventually left this band on good terms and currently has a different band, known as Suicide City. She owns her own production company at present and has worked as a judge for independent musical awards and has helped other musicians trying to come up in the independent music scene.

I don't think the band Kittie or Suicide City or any of that has ever been super main-stream, but Kittie was successful and from all appearances she's been successful at working within the industry. They never crossed over that line of success which spells super stardom, but with the genre of music that they produce, they wouldn't ever be in that category.

I'm not really sure why she's on Big Brother though to be honest. She hasn't really come out and been like, "Yes I was a super fan.." and the CBS producers scouted her out, which tells me they were looking for a "type" which is no doubt why she feels and acts like such a fish out of water. She has had genuine success in her life, and isn't trying to be the next reality tv super-star personality, and she's not 22 so I don't think she has a lot in common with these bozos. I think production kind of forces her to play this role that she doesn't seem or feel comfortable in {token lesbian, token rocker chick} so I think she is handling all of that pretty well, but I don't know how much she's really there to play. I think if anything her motivation to be there, is hey .. if I win this thing, this money will help my business.

All that said, I do like her any time we actually get to see her speak in a normal way and be herself. I just don't expect her to go very far cause even if she made it to the end I don't think anyone would vote for her unless she was sitting next to someone they hated. But I do expect to see her in the Jury.

I don't know what to think of Jenn. My original perception of her is not the same after three weeks of Big Brother. Nonverbal communication counts for 55%. How we sound comes in second at 37%. The remaining 8% is probably content of our words. It has been said that clothing, grooming and body language shout. Jenn shouts in silence.

She seems like a nice woman. I would like her to tell us why she came to big brother and let us get to know her better. I don't know her at all.

Right now she is doing good, under the radar! But i think when jury starts she is going to come out of the gate and start playing. She is laying really low! But i think jani has her on her radar.