General Chit-Chat / Questions / Venting

Why oh why do they keep bringing back old houseguest...........IMO the season of BB was doomed from the start. They are boring and cry babies.......and Im talking about the coaches. Bring back the BB of old, you know all new HG............Im glad I didnt pay for the live feeds this season..........BB may not last much longer with another season like this one

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Corky812

I am just back in the country and trying to catch up on the show since I have never missed Big Brother. I had a hard time getting in here (Morty's) and cannot get into the chat at all. Is something different or do I need to do something?

We tried the feeds but they are just awful, so I have been watching the shows and showtime2 my friends taped (I'm still several After Dark's behind)

I am completely at loss as to the point of this season. What is the point of these coaches? I don't understand how they can coach anything because every season is different. It seems to be about their own ego trips. Were they not billed as the "most successful houseguests of all times"? I would assume that means the producers could not find anyone else who wanted to come back and be a coach!

I remember Brittany from 2 years ago (I think) and I don't remember her as being memorable, in fact I sort of remember she was pretty much clueless the whole season and then got duped by the guy alliance. I almost lost my lunch when I saw Mike Boogie, and what is Janelle doing there again except she lost twice and maybe the producers are trying to make it up to her? Dan I barely remember. I know he won his season.

My next question is why is a Hantz on the show? Or I should say, was on the show because I gather from the chatter that he stormed off or something. This seems to be a trend to not only have people from one reality show on another but now they bring in family members (correct me if wrong but did they not have another Hantz on Survivor recently?)

I have to say that I think the producers came up with a good set of new players who would probably be very good in the house and the kind of people I would like to watch except they have these ridiculous excuses for coaches and they cannot play their own game. This seems very unfair. If the producers can find 12 good people who create a dynamic of their own why do they insist on bringing back old houseguests? I can only think that they are very very lazy and not creative or they think that it will help their ratings, or perhaps both!

The game seems very unfair because the coaches seem to be choosing what the players do, who will stay and who will go and that is just not Big Brother. There is a lot of drama, which is good, but I have to say I am very disappointed in the avenue the producers have chosen to take what I always considered and looked forward to, until All Stars, to be the best reality tv show going.

I really wish BB would stop bringing back old houseguestd, too. I really liked Jani in her season and AS, liked Dan in his and even enjoyed hating Boogie whenever I saw him. But now I want to see a whole new cast wade into all the drama of a BB season and I want to see them do it without the interference of old houseguests. Seems like the newbies just end up as furiture and pawns on the show while the spotlight is on the old houseguests. I don't know if they choose to cast people who won't be able outshine the oldies or if the way BB sets up the oldies is too much for the newbies to overcome. Either way, they newbies just don't make much impression. I want new people who I can really root for and a few that I can really hate. I want my old BB back.

hey CORKY812....

Explaining what's happening and why on the show so far would take

more patience than what I have... lol

so I'll just give some basic thoughts

- - Your not the only one that's still not happy with the old HG / Coaches coming back in. But we take what we get, I guess

- - Willie was put on the show by Grodner to draw tv viewers ( because she's too lazy to find interesting Newbies from Apps. )

- - The feeds are wonky probably because they cut back on some $$$'s to pay for capable technicians = and = some of the HGs / Coaches have loose lips and talk about stuff they shouldn't. (and yes, it's been bad this year)

Just sit back and watch thru the good and bad.... and chime in when you feel the urge.

Guest Corky812

Thank you to Slowpoke. I certainly would not expect anyone to try and explain the first 2 weeks because it seems like 2 months worth of things happening.

Perhaps I am still jet-lagged but I don't feel riveted to this season like in the old days. I have to say I am most relieved not to see Brendon and Rachael and that muscle milk jerk the producers love so much.

Thank you to Slowpoke. I certainly would not expect anyone to try and explain the first 2 weeks because it seems like 2 months worth of things happening.

Perhaps I am still jet-lagged but I don't feel riveted to this season like in the old days. I have to say I am most relieved not to see Brendon and Rachael and that muscle milk jerk the producers love so much.

It's still early.... And since they lost Willie, who knows? We just might see Rachel or Brendon or Jesse drop into the game. Willie was the drama queen of the season - so now what?

I want my old BB back.

I wish I could have my youth back too, but those days are gone... So, adjust to the conditions... My adjustments exclude the live feeds anymore that would engulf my entire summer with the fun of "playing" the game in so many ways. I miss my family of friends that developed in the chats, in certain rooms, over the years. I miss the house of hampsters that didn`t know what to expect or how to really play the game. They just learned as they went and never even considered forming an alliance until later, not the first ten seconds they were in the door... I miss not expecting the unexpected when airplane banners would fly over the house with encrypted messages... I miss when the entire house would practice together all week to win a challange for live tv at the end of the week, to benefit them all... I miss the simple days when we didn`t have twists, pov`s, pandora boxes or returning past players... I miss the days that I would run to my computer to turn on the live feeds to watch, chat with friends, and engross myself in a house that I was completely vested in... But those were the good old days like the days of my youth that will never return. When our ship eventually sails out to our final golden sunset, the precious cargo we carry will be our memories. One of my favorites will be of Big Brother long ago, the good old days...

I feel the same way. I guess it's just because I don't like any of these houseguests???

I don't really like them, either, but for me; I think it is because each year Big Brother arcs further and further from the original premise. So much so that it is barely recognizable. I think the coach situation is ridiculous. Especially so, in that they brought back two coaches who've not even won the game. One lost twice. ROFLMAO.

I think that next season (assuming there is one) they need to do another "back to the basics" season like season 10 was. Just 14 houseguests with no twists, and a pure BB experience. I think the chances of no returning houseguests next year is a good one...who could Grodner find to come back that was a good player and would want to come back? It was clearly a hard thing this year since we got Britney back. She needs new veterans and new all stars, and the only way to do that is let them shine on their own without vets to overshadow them. But then again, what do I know? I didn't think there would be returning players this year.

Also, does anyone else think that chances for an All Stars 2 are low? A good number of the players that would have probably have been brought back have already been brought back in either this season or the last.

Quote Shrinra " Also, does anyone else think that chances for an All Stars 2 are low? A good number of the players that would have probably have been brought back have already been brought back in either this season or the last. "

please put them out to Pasture...... PLEASE

......................................................................................

Camper Quote: " But those were the good old days like the days of my youth that will never return. When our ship eventually sails out to our final golden sunset, the precious cargo we carry will be our memories. One of my favorites will be of Big Brother long ago, the good old days..".

Almost shed a tear on this one :bigcry:

After being so great last week the feeds have completely crashed and burned! Willie was responsible for all drama in the house and now that he is gone everyone is getting along. WE CAN'T HAVE EVERYONE GETTING ALONG ON BB! We need someone new to love to hate and no one is filling the position!

I'm leaning heavily towards not getting the feeds next year. So many "we'll be right backs", it's making it unwatchable. They black out all the good stuff and the competitions and then pile on so many "we'll be right backs" for whatever reason on top of that and this group of houseguests is supposed to be better than most about singing, etc.

Someone please tell me that I'm not the only one that feels like these people are dumber than a box of rocks.

On live feeds the BY couch crew of Boogie, Dan, Ashley and Wil are talking about the practical kokes that Jojoplayed with the condoms and how she couldn't figure out the "dental dam". Dan says "I'd never seen one before my last time here" (which I get, I've never seen one up close either) then we have the others not even knowing what to do with them and why they are used. Boodie says something like "I don't roll that way"

Exactly what is the purpose of yelling "Please stop singing", or "You're not allowed to talk about your DR sessions with other HG" if there is never any penalties for doing it? This show needs to grow a pair and do something about having rules and enforcing them. Dumb ass Gordner doesn't realize how much better the show would be if we saw some of the HG getting punished for doing things. The jail the UK had a couple seasons back was awesome, but our BB is way to weak to do anything like that.

I think that next season (assuming there is one) they need to do another "back to the basics" season like season 10 was. Just 14 houseguests with no twists, and a pure BB experience. I think the chances of no returning houseguests next year is a good one...who could Grodner find to come back that was a good player and would want to come back? It was clearly a hard thing this year since we got Britney back. She needs new veterans and new all stars, and the only way to do that is let them shine on their own without vets to overshadow them. But then again, what do I know? I didn't think there would be returning players this year.

Also, does anyone else think that chances for an All Stars 2 are low? A good number of the players that would have probably have been brought back have already been brought back in either this season or the last.

I'd never rule out an All Stars while Grodner is still there but I think more hybrid seasons will probably be the way they go, even though almost without exception fans prefer either all newbies or all All Stars - basically everyone to enter the game on a level playing field.

Question - the coaches comp. I understand Janelle won it and chose not to trade, so therefore did she give immunity to someone?

And secondly might it be an idea to scrap the weekly housemate threads here to try and encourage a bit more generic discussion about the shows and the feeds?

Just adding my disappointment in this season. I know I'll keep watching,however, wish they had left the coaches out of the season. I'm wishing they would go back to all new people, I enjoyed it much better.

I'm just as glad Willie is gone, although have to say up to last show, he wasn't bothering me too much. Still don't like the name "Hantz". I do think the coaches are a joke!!! Would love to see the new people all think on their own and play the game. Just my two cents but seems most here agree.

I see little similarity between Willie and Russell. Russell played an amazing first-season Survivor up to not being able to salvage the obvious and win. I didn't like him but was in awe of his ability to manipulate more than once. That, and finding all those idols. Jeez. Anyway, Willie didn't remind me of Russell at all and the fact that he morphed to a state of concussive defeat so early in the game reinforces that feeling for me. The other Hantz, the religious Hantz; was the scary one for me.

I would have preferred that Willie stay in the game. BB14 is lackluster, at best.

Camper Quote: " But those were the good old days like the days of my youth that will never return. When our ship eventually sails out to our final golden sunset, the precious cargo we carry will be our memories. One of my favorites will be of Big Brother long ago, the good old days..".

Almost shed a tear on this one :bigcry:

It was a good bottle of wine! LOL! :cheers:

I guess I am in the minority here..have watched every season since BB1...and I do like the coaches twist. I think it adds layers to strategy..however...did not like the 1st night twist of evicting someone who was not even allowed to play the game...agree that if hg comes back, Jodi should be let back in..but prob with that is has she been sequestered?? Does anyone know?? If she was not and was allowed to watch broadcast, SHO2, feeds, would have DR info and would not be allowed back in because of that knowledge..