General Chit-Chat / Questions / Venting

There is nothing unexpected about them bringing back former players. They do it every year anymore and it's getting old. Hate the "coach" idea. I wish they would go back to the original format where they just have complete strangers in the house, learning to form relationships and alliances with each other and let them play it out. This is getting so old!!!!!!

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

expect the producers to make the rules up as they go along

this is the vaguest season ever

everything is so unclear :animated_bouncy:

Guest 6Borders

Expect to see Jessie and Rachel somewhere.

The only thing unexpected about this season is if the coaches actually had some advice to help the HG's play the game.

I'm fine with the mentors in there giving advice and playing for a much smaller prize but if they bring them into the game later and make them eligible for the grand prize after sitting around with immunity for half the summer it will be COMPLETE BS and I hope the contestants would revolt like they did on Biggest Loser.

Oh man, I hope I don't get stoned to death here, but I kinda like the "coaches" twist. It's like BB meets The Voice. I hate it when they bring past players back (esp when they do it on Survivor), but I understand that they keep doing it because it gets the ratings up. If they have to bring people back, at least this makes it so they can't team up, walk all over the people that can't figure out their you-know-what from a hole in the ground, and play on their star power to carry them to the end. It's nice to know that the conversations between the coaches and their team members "should" be honest strat sessions. Now, if it starts to get too predictable, that's when I might check out, but for now... I think this is interesting enough to at least give it a chance and see how it plays out. But, that's just my 2 cents on it... don't hurt me!!! =)

I wanna see some players say the hell with their coach in the unexpected (expected) twist ... Whats Britney gonna do if Willie throws a curve ball and puts up Wil as a potential replacement nominee (assuming the veto is used) ... Nothing! He's on her team now!

Another thought regarding a twist might be the rumblings of a coach's challenge and how might that affect the game? ... How about potential players getting swapped to another team at some point?

Oh man, I hope I don't get stoned to death here, but I kinda like the "coaches" twist. It's like BB meets The Voice. I hate it when they bring past players back (esp when they do it on Survivor), but I understand that they keep doing it because it gets the ratings up. If they have to bring people back, at least this makes it so they can't team up, walk all over the people that can't figure out their you-know-what from a hole in the ground, and play on their star power to carry them to the end. It's nice to know that the conversations between the coaches and their team members "should" be honest strat sessions. Now, if it starts to get too predictable, that's when I might check out, but for now... I think this is interesting enough to at least give it a chance and see how it plays out. But, that's just my 2 cents on it... don't hurt me!!! =)

I agree with you and think it's worth trying for one season. What I like about it is that, assuming the HGs work with their coaches, you get to hear in-depth strategy talk since the HGs are talking to someone they can trust 100% instead of listening to the feeds and always wondering what is going on in their heads. You also have kind of an interesting side game going on between the coaches who are torn between their alliance to their team and their alliance with other coaches which makes the game a whole lot more complex.

I agree with you and think it's worth trying for one season. What I like about it is that, assuming the HGs work with their coaches, you get to hear in-depth strategy talk since the HGs are talking to someone they can trust 100% instead of listening to the feeds and always wondering what is going on in their heads. You also have kind of an interesting side game going on between the coaches who are torn between their alliance to their team and their alliance with other coaches which makes the game a whole lot more complex.

That's true (about strategy talk between hg's and coaches being honest). I hadn't thought of that. Does make it interesting.

I agree with Teri too about the coaches not being able to team up against the newbies. That should keep it honest--if they want to win. It should get interesting watching the coaches trying to outsmart each other. It is like two separate games are going on in the house.

We'll see how it pans out, even tho we know BB will throw some kind of a mixed up twist into it sooner or later.

I wonder what happens when a coach loses all their players. Do they leave also or do they go solo?

It would be an incentive for some of them to make legit side deals with other people and eliminate their own team if they had a chance to win 500k over 100k.

Another twist I think would be interesting this season would be if the coaches actually got to watch their own players' DR sessions.

Find out who is really working with them or who is trash-talking them behind their backs.

I wonder what happens when a coach loses all their players. Do they leave also or do they go solo?

It would be an incentive for some of them to make legit side deals with other people and eliminate their own team if they had a chance to win 500k over 100k.

If that is the case then it would explain why Dan picked what appears to be weak players! I'd love to have him compete!

If it is true that the coaches get to go into the game after a few weeks it is total crap. It would mean that any "coaching" they do is self-serving. Are they going to work hard to keep the best players in the game or will they be helping to push them out so that when they do get in the game the only ones left are the ones they can easily beat?

Maybe one day they will just be gone. The coaches. Silly idea. They tried too hard this time. Nothing wrong, IMO, with the basic premise of unknown HG's competing against each other to win 500K. Do I need more Big Brother Janelle or Britney or Boogie or Dan? No.

I think this coaching idea would be much more interesting if the coaches were actually outside the house, living in a separate house and restricted to only about 4 hours a week to strategize with their players. They would not be given any opportunity to interact with the other teams. The only information they would have is the information brought to them by their players or whatever information they could get from the other coaches. The way things are now, the coaches are actually playing the game, without the worry of going up on the block.

Although it would be total BS for the coaches to end up playing the real game, I would not be surprised if it happened. In fact, I believe that is the "expected" not the "un-expected."

So on Thursday's premeire Julie was talking about a new power coming to the house that will shown on Sunday's show. I thought we would all find out what this new power was through the live feeds, but I didn't heard anything. That was until last night. I heard Britney talking to Janelle about how they have to win HOH next week and then Britney said that they will have the coaches Comp. I started wondering what that meant but then later on I heard that Ian was going to be on the block this week but his coach saved him from the block. So putting two and two together I am wondering if the new power that has been mentioned is a coach gets to save one of his players from the block. Anyone else hear anything anything about this?

So on Thursday's premeire Julie was talking about a new power coming to the house that will shown on Sunday's show. I thought we would all find out what this new power was through the live feeds, but I didn't heard anything. That was until last night. I heard Britney talking to Janelle about how they have to win HOH next week and then Britney said that they will have the coaches Comp. I started wondering what that meant but then later on I heard that Ian was going to be on the block this week but his coach saved him from the block. So putting two and two together I am wondering if the new power that has been mentioned is a coach gets to save one of his players from the block. Anyone else hear anything anything about this?

I believe you're on to something there. I've been wondering what was meant when they were talking about Boogie saving Ian and not Frank. How did Boog have the power to save anyone? Must be a special 'coach' power.

The twists and powers this season are super vague at this point. Janelle mentioned yesterday that Dan is just waiting for his opportunity to come into the game and play and I don't know if that was just speculation or she has some knowledge about the mentors joining the game eventually. This power probably has something to do with the coaches but it could be anything. Maybe the coaches can use the power to replace their player on the block with one of their other players. Who knows? :wacko:

About time they changed the motto to "Expect the Expected" surely.

I think the coaching will get boring pretty quick - it might actually be best to take them out of the house once we get to the jury stage and let their prodigies play for themselves, with the coaches returning at the end of the season and still getting the $100,000 prize if one of their team wins.

In some of the previews in June CBS kept showing us all the old goldies, many the most obnoxious HGs from past few years. I was terrified they would ALL abe back. Thank God we only have four instead of a houseful of "most hated". Glad Rachel and what's-his-name aren't back. Heard they were going to be guests on one of tho home search programs on H&G. How can they afford a home anyway?

If it is true that the coaches get to go into the game after a few weeks it is total crap. It would mean that any "coaching" they do is self-serving. Are they going to work hard to keep the best players in the game or will they be helping to push them out so that when they do get in the game the only ones left are the ones they can easily beat?

I heard that last night from Jani and Brit, that Frank was tthe only tht figured out about the keys. Morel or less saying they will be able to play the game. Thsty esd my unerstanding.