Why Do We Have Slop?

Guest 6Borders

Guest 6Borders

Grodner says if you have an alternative to slop, bring it on... here is my theory:

Grodnerism: Slop has all the nutrients the hg's need

Real Reason: saves Grodner/CBS food money which goes into their deep pockets, makes the HG's miserable and the fans upset

I like that there is slop because it does actually mess with the Houseguests minds and make for better TV with all of their complaining. Now I would like to see something else other than slop since I think the whole slop thing has been played out but what do they replace it with? One idea that I had was some sort of gruel. a few years ago I was a media director for my church's youth group and every year we would do a 30 hour famine where we would fast for thirty hours, the idea was to raise money for starving people and children in third world countries. At the end of the whole thing we had a feast for the kids. One of the things we did though was made a type of gruel which we gave to kids to eat prior because in these countries because the kids are starving and most of them had not eaten for days they would be given this type of gruel (not sure the real name) which has nutrients in it and helps them be able to handle the food they are given. What if Big Brother did something like that. It would be almost the same as slop but would be different and you would still get the same reactions out of the Houseguests.

The other thing I was thinking was rice and bread.

Honestly it would be more fun if they were only allowed to eat only tuna fish sandwiches .. or only Broccoli and Beans .. just sick of slop which essentially gruel.

Personally, forcing them to eat slop is one of my least favorite aspects of the show and I never understood it even back win it was PB&J instead. It's hard for me to understand why HGs would be more entertaining when they are eating that crap, feeling like crap, and just laying around in bed because they don't have the energy to get up. I want to see well-fed, lively HGs with the energy to move around, have entertaining conversations, rough-housing, stuff like that. Give them alcohol, not slop. Starving the contestants makes sense on Survivor where it is entertaining to have hungry contestants because it motivates them to go out into the wilderness and search for food.

I think HGs should live in relative luxury in BB because that will motivate them to play that much harder to keep themselves in the game. Why make them suffer so that they want to go home? They should want desperately to be there. People that don't really care if they are about to be evicted because they are so sick of being miserable are not entertaining.

Personally, forcing them to eat slop is one of my least favorite aspects of the show and I never understood it even back win it was PB&J instead. It's hard for me to understand why HGs would be more entertaining when they are eating that crap, feeling like crap, and just laying around in bed because they don't have the energy to get up. I want to see well-fed, lively HGs with the energy to move around, have entertaining conversations, rough-housing, stuff like that. Give them alcohol, not slop. Starving the contestants makes sense on Survivor where it is entertaining to have hungry contestants because it motivates them to go out into the wilderness and search for food.

I think HGs should live in relative luxury in BB because that will motivate them to play that much harder to keep themselves in the game. Why make them suffer so that they want to go home? They should want desperately to be there. People that don't really care if they are about to be evicted because they are so sick of being miserable are not entertaining.

You pretty much summed up my feelings on the matter perfectly. They need to go back to food competitions for the entire house as a whole, so they work together.

Hell, they're playing for a half-million dollars, so if they suffer for a week or two, so be it. I personally like the games where they earn something different for each day of week. If the whole house had to suffer a day or two in a week, that would be fairer, but it's a small price to pay for the shot at the $$$.

To me I like the idea of a food restriction because it really does cause Houseguests to get cranky and then it is more likely they go off. I have seen plenty of times when a player is on slop for like two weeks in a row and they are so drained and cranky that they cause drama in the house. In fact I think Chima threw her tantrum because of slop which really was entertaining.

No she threw her tantrum because CBS made her HOH invalid by giving Jeff the Coup De Wefixthegame special power .. and she was a diva/princess... not because of the slop.

Those little packets the astronauts eat in space... Just add water and eat.. Well slurp.. They come in a million flavors, I remember I had one years ago from the air and space museum, it was okay.. I took a dessert one, apple pie.. But they had turkey dinner, meatloaf dinner and fried chicken!! They have all the nutrients the hamsters will need also, If its good enough for NASA it's good enough for BB.

Guest 6Borders

I still like them all competing as a household for food. Even alliances had to work with other alliances and people they didn't like in the house in order to achieve the common goal of getting food (kind of what the game is supposed to be about...coexisting with complete strangers in a confined environment). If the house gets good food one day and slop or only one food item for a day it's much better.

personally I don't remember much/any "good tv" or hg's "going off" because they were on PBJ or slop. All I remember was them sitting around and complaining about slop or sleeping because slop may have nutrients but they didn't get energy from it.

As an alternative, I do like the idea of the Space packets. I guess before we pitch it to Grodner we better find out how much they cost or if NASA will donate them cos we all know how cheap Grodner is.

Not sure she'd go for space packets as a viable option cause the food is suppose to kind of be "punishment" and from what I've heard some of those space packets taste good

Guest 6Borders

I never understood the whole punishment thing, especially when they are so stupid (unitard, banana suit) and have-have nots on PBJ & Slop is just ridic.

If Grodner really want to inflict a "punishment" the HG's should compete as a house for food, prizes and numerous other perks and if they lose they get Jessie for one day that week as the "house mentor"....LMAO!!!

(prob should not even post that...Grodner will probably think that the best idea since sliced slop!)

They really need to make the HGs do more for their food. I got rid of the live feeds years ago, because all they would do is lie around and basicly do nothing. Make them do something every day for the food, the winners get good food, the losers get crappy food. Slop has got to go.

No she threw her tantrum because CBS made her HOH invalid by giving Jeff the Coup De Wefixthegame special power .. and she was a diva/princess... not because of the slop.

I know that is what made her mad but if you think about it she did nothing until she was on slop for a few days. I think the slop is what set her off the deep end. I understand that she felt defeated but she ended up being on slop and the not eating made her cranky and she just lashed out. I really think if she wan on normal food she would not have lashed out like she did.

Guest 6Borders

I know that is what made her mad but if you think about it she did nothing until she was on slop for a few days. I think the slop is what set her off the deep end. I understand that she felt defeated but she ended up being on slop and the not eating made her cranky and she just lashed out. I really think if she wan on normal food she would not have lashed out like she did.

OK...NOT picking on anyone so please don't take it personally!

I respectively disagree that slop had anything to do with Chima's actions. In the pre-show interview (after the hg's had been revealed) Grodner said Chima was the biggest diva pain-in-the-rear HG, and I think they had been in the house a week when that interview was done. I maintain that Chima would have done that if she had steak, baked potato and salad. (I actually agree with her to a point...the Coup de Stupid power would have po'd me to the hilt, however, I like to think I have a little more self control than to destroy valuable property, especially in front of a bizillion witnesses)

If someone can claim the "slop made me too it" defense and make it stick in a lawsuit against BB as to why they got kicked out then that is a PERFECT reason for Grodner/CBS Lawyers to get rid of slop. If being on slop makes you do irrational things there is something wrong with slop and someone should study that (anyone looking for a Senior Project????). If Chima had been a Grodner money-maker/fan fav it would have been overlooked, but she/it was not. Grodner saw no $$ potential in Chima...gotta give Grodner props there (gasp, a first...I know) cos I didn't either!.

I guess at this juncture we could bring in Lydia (tho I cannot remember if she was also on slop with Chima) who came out with one of the most memorable stupid HG comments "her (Chima's) mic slipped from her hand!" (and it was just terrible for poor Chima that the pool was there to catch it and not the pool table!)

If slop had something to do with the Post Jessie Eviction Memorial by those girls I say that is DEFINITELY a reason to get rid of slop.

Bottom line, you can blame anything on anything...I think slop should not be part of Big Brother but I don't think they can blame anything but bad tv as a result of being on it! JMHO!!

They showed on the show a history of her telling production off and she wasn't going to do what they wanted long before the whole special power thing and I really do not believe that woman was on Slop the whole time.

She was just a prima-donna. That attitude is probably what got her cast, because they knew she'd be like that with house-mates, but I don't suppose BB producers realized it would be that bad. Throwing your mic in the pool because you're pissed off had nothing to do with slop IMO, it had everything to do with a person who thinks their bleep don't stink, and they can do whatever they want, with no respect for anyone else.

If she were a grown-up and not a tantrum throwing brat, whom wasted a slot on the show that season when (thousands of other BB hopefuls would of gladly taken it and been grateful) and she were truly that upset about what happened, she could of gone to the diary-room and filled out whatever paperwork, etc she needed to fill out, to leave the show gracefully. They are not prisoners, they are allowed to leave the show at any time, for any reason if they choose to. They forfeit a certain amount of pay, or all of their pay depending on the circumstances, but they are allowed to quit at any time. If she were classy, she could of left voluntarily. Or she could of gone to the diaryroom, explained she couldn't eat slop for another minute, and ask to eat a regular meal, under penalty of getting a penalty nomination {where they put her on the block as well}. Any of those scenarios would of been better than what she did.

As much as BB is a game, it is also a job. These people are PAID for their time they appear on the show, and I guarantee you no person eating slop for a week .. is going to make them go into their bosses office and start burning his/her personal property. Could it have contributed to a feeling of "no love loss" between her and CBS .. absolutely. Was it her motivation? I highly doubt it.

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name