BB 14 - General

bbjag

Just because there were 14 slots on the wall during media day doesn't mean it will be that many once the HG are there. They still had time to change things between media day and first day of HG.

Just sayin'... :)

I also think the four big surprises ARE the returning HG.

Last year we were told that there would be three big surprises and one of those was the returning Houseguests, so I can see one of the four being the returning Houseguests but not all four. I still think we have more surprises coming our way this season.

As for changes to the house before the Houseguests get there, it is possible but I have never seen the number of memory wall spots be changed after CBS released official House photos and I doubt we will see it this time.

Guest 6Borders

Didn't they promise not only 4 surprises but "big shockers", as well as most HG's ever?

I can see the 4 surprises as the 4 returning HG's, and then the "shockers" coming later.

I think there may be a separate Mentor Wall, maybe in the HOH room or something with the 4 mentors, or else pictures on the memory wall will have both the hg and their mentor team in the same pic. I remember the media house tour and the writer said the memory wall was cardboard or something so it would be pretty easy to change or add to, even tho it's never been done.

i also find that its weird because if they are mentors and are not eligible to win the 500k then they should not be allowed to play in the HOH and Veto nor the food comps. If they let them then I think the whole thing sucks. Plus what is the shocking thing that will change the game forever? If they do let the mentors play in the HOH and Veto comps then they should be able to be evicted just like everyone else.

I'm glad former HG can't win, but as others have pointed out I'm disappointed that the "stars" will take time away from the real HG. I am still getting excited--I am watching Glass House for now, it's good but I can't wait for the real thing!

2 days!! :D

Has anyone seen the latest rumors from "the gopher" twitter account? It says that JoJo is back in the house, the HOH comp was replayed and Janelle is not the HOH. Oh and a new thing he started is that Britney caught Willie Hantz cheating and he is in big trouble with the Producers. Something tells me this guy is making things up to get followers and possibly to make people think he is in the know. I suggest taking what ever he says with a big grain of salt.

I don't think it's true the mentee's can't win. They are their to play their own game, but that doesn't mean they can't still win..

The website says only:

For the first time in the history of Big Brother, four of the most succcessful players will return to play their own game for their own seperate prize.

We haven't had Julie confirm for us yet exactly what that means. It could mean they only get one separate prize, and that's it... it could be that if they and their "protege" wind up as number 1 and number 2 that they will win the normal prize + a bonus prize.

We don't even KNOW for sure if these house-guests are going to be "mentors" that the house-guests know about. For all the house guests know they could simply be returning players like last season.

Which kind of puts them in secateurs or America's player territory wherein, they know something the house guests do not.

Until we hear Julie explain the twist on Premiere night, I think it's dangerous for us to assume we know anything. All we know is there will be 4 returning house guests. We don't know anything else beyond that.

Guest 6Borders

I doubt the twists will all be revealed tomorrow night.

The returning HG's/Mentor thing is pretty much a given but I think Julie will be hyping up "big shockers" to come to keep us thinking something really new and great is about to happen.

I've totally given on on BB's promises of things that will "change the game forever" and the like. The only way I can see this twist changing the game forever is just to showcase past HG's and send the game of Big Brother spiraling even farther downhill than it already has.

Guest 6Borders

I don't understand why they brought Mike back, didn't he go to jail for drug trafficking with all the money he won last time? That's definitely someone I wanna see.. heh

I totally agree. He's played twice, was a total a$$ the 2nd time and never would have won if Will hadn't been on with him and Grodner allowed them so much leeway. I can't imagine he has much of a fan following and why anyone would want to see him again.

I guess basically Grodner wanted 2 men and 2 women as mentors since there are 6 each of the HG's, the originally idea most certainly being Brendon & Rachel as two of the mentors, and most of the other men either didn't want to do it or else Grodner feels she owns Boogie some kind of redemption show.

Of my 5 top reasons for disliking BB this year, the mentor twist and Boogie are at the top of that list, followed by the other 3.

I feel like they brought Boogie back because they couldn't get Will. Will is obviously the better player, but if they can't have him, then the other chill town guy will do. Boogie has never been my favorite, but he could be successful depending on who he is mentoring.

there will be love fest with dan and janelle here

boogie brings balance :_tarzan:

personally i root for good gameplay not a particular hg's :animated_bouncy:

Missed out on Boogie in his season, but on the bright side - if you really can't stand a player it does seem to make them more interesting to watch. What was so bad about him?

The day the creep booger shoved two young girls to rush out of the bathroom in a panic turned me off for good! Chivalry was dead and buried that day!

Oh wait. Nevermind. I see. What a douche!

OK, I know the season has not started yet, but I want to make sure I am the first person to say:

This is the worst season ever!. Its boring, all the HG are losers, nothing ever happens, I AM CANCELLING MY FEEDS and never going to watch BB ever again for as long as I live!

Yeah, I know I say this every season for the past 13 years, but I really mean it this time. This time is different because, well, the season has not yet started, so it worse than all the other seasons before they started.

My plan for this year is beat my last year record for how many times I use the word "Sucks" throughout the entire season when commenting on the show.

Guest 6Borders

Echo I have to agree with you!!!

I cancelled the feeds when BB did Dull Stars and never bought them again.

When I heard about the returning HG's (especially Boogie & Jani) and the stupid mentor twist I was totally with you and ready to kick BB to the curb, but then I found I could just add Showtime for the whole season for less than the price of a pizza. I am really only enthused to see the Morty people.

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name