BB 14 - General

bbjag

So one fo the earlier promo commericials about the upcoming season said that there will be more Houseguests than ever before. Looking at the cast list, there are 12 new Houseguests and 4 returning which makes for a total of 16 which isn't the most ever as BB8 had 16 Houseguests.

Now there are few possible explanation to this. The first being that there was supposed to be 17 but one dropped out. The other option is that there is another twist to be thrown in there and there is a secret Houseguest which will make 17.

What does everyone think?

for me it isn't a really big deal that there is less hg's

the more hg's there are the more likely they will have to play as a groups or pairs

i prefer to see them not forced into groups or pairs

group/pairs are awful because if you have a disloyal partner/ or just dont mesh well together you are still forced to stay with them :animated_bouncy:

I think that it sucks they don't have as many HG's as they promised, but I hold out hope there are some house-guests beyond the 4 we know of, joining the game as one of the "big surprises"..

Guest 6Borders

The stupid mentor twist is most probably going to divide/force them into teams anyway if all the mentors come into the house at once. If the mentor is a "reward" an HG wins and they bring them in one at a time it might be a little better, but still a stupid twist.

I think it is inevitable that the Houseguests will be grouped into pairs, Alison "Lazy" Grodner doesn't come up with anything other than this. Big Brother 9 we had pairs, Big Brother 11 had the cliques which broke people into teams, Big Brother 13 had duo's and it looks like Big Brother 14 will have teams. That means that Big Brother has done Duo's/Teams 4 times out of 6 seasons.

Guest 6Borders

Benefit of the doubt..maybe they set up a cam in advance, but more than likely you are right and it's staged. Most of the HG's would probably be so excited at getting the key that the reactions are genuine!

From what I have heard from past Houseguests who are asked that question about the key sequence, it is staged and they actually don't have just one hour to pack like it suggests. I assume that they film that after letting the Housegusts know they are going to be on the show, and they just tell them to act as though they have no idea the camera is there. I think it would be cool to hook someone that the HG knows with a hidden camera and then have them find the key and let them react naturally.

This is a silly comparison but on the show "pimp my ride" I always found it funny when the guy who hosts the show would knock on their door and how the person is always there. It's like ... suuuuuuuuuuuure they're always home when you knock. More than likely they already know what's coming. But the people always acted super shocked the person was there.

I think the reason that it is staged is they want to be able to show the house-guest's storyline the way they want. For example, with Libra .. they had her leaving her two twin babies... with Robert in season 4 they had him dancing/hugging his little girl. It's their way of opening the door to later talk about that aspect of the house-guest's story. For the girly girls .. it's almost always a chance for them to talk about shoes, or bikini's .. for the jocks or "hunks" of the show it's often them throwing a football or sliding down a pole at a fire-house. I think this works, because not all fans of BB are rabid internet viewers like us who are counting the days and reading / scouring the internet for information on the new house-guests. Some people, their first introduction to the house guests is their intro on the show.

The only other real genuine way I think they could do it, would be to use the casting tapes people sent in for their audition. This would still be fake for the people who they contacted to get on the show, but could add a new way of introducing the people to the audience and seem more genuine.

Guest 6Borders

Yeah...you are not at your job Wednesday morning at 10am when Publishers Clearing House comes with a check and a bouquet of flowers, or Justin Beiber is showing up at your door with acne treatment for your 13 year old daughter and she's home (because its Teacher's Work Day or Late Start Day) and you are not!!

TV (even "reality tv") is scripted; real life is what happens when you are making other plans!!

So one fo the earlier promo commericials about the upcoming season said that there will be more Houseguests than ever before. Looking at the cast list, there are 12 new Houseguests and 4 returning which makes for a total of 16 which isn't the most ever as BB8 had 16 Houseguests.

Now there are few possible explanation to this. The first being that there was supposed to be 17 but one dropped out. The other option is that there is another twist to be thrown in there and there is a secret Houseguest which will make 17.

What does everyone think?

Would love that one as long as they don't wait forever to bring them in.

This has been bugging me for a while. 1) Not enough Beds 2) There are only 14 names on the picture wall. Even if they were going to do a double eviction the first night.. they would still have pictures on the wall.

There are 12 house guests plus 4 returning mentees. That equals 16, not 14. Which makes me wonder if all of the mentees are getting in the house. Perhaps 2 will get in, and 2 will not. But even that seems strange. Cause if the mentees are not competing for the same 500,000 prize .. shouldn't t hey not be on the board at all? Shouldn't it it just be the 12?

Something fishy is going on ..

Guest 6Borders

Something fishy is always going on with Grodner at the helm.

I still think the mentors will not be living in the house full-time but will be coming and going, hence the reason Janelle would do the show because her hubby & baby could come with her and she could go home at night to stay with them at the hotel or whereever.

Pic of the hg's

2eba15l.jpg

:animated_bouncy:

Normally the Houseguests are in the pool or something when they take their cast picture, this time it looks like it was done by the side wall, now that also might be because of the mentors in the house. As for my guess of the mentors I will be honest I never checked out the legs of Boogie or Dan but it seems to fit that pretty well. I also think Britney and Janelle are in fact on the show. Britney had skinny legs and Janelle has some meat to her which tells me those are her legs.

Guest 6Borders

An extra houseguest of the animal species?

I know there is fish but.. This the most HGs promo they did really threw me also.

That could be a very good guess nyse!!

I still think we may have 2 more "revolving" players!

I actually have some ideas on the most ever thing.

An early commercial said that there will be one major twist, and four surprises. Considering that there are 14 slots on the board there might be two Houseguests that come in as a surprise, it could be people that one fo the Houseguests knows or it could be just random people but it seems more than likely that will play into the twist.

The commercial that introduces the Houseguests has someone on there named Mike that is not on the list, he could have been considered a Houseguest with Joe being a surprise Houseguest but while in sequester Mike might have started second guessing his decision to do the show and quit, which then prompted the producers to bring Joe in as the replacement instead of as a surprise.

I am wondering though if there are a lot more that we are not hearing about in regards to the cast especially considering that there are 14 slots on the picture wall and 12 new Houseguests and 4 returning Houseguests which make 16 total. Are the returning Houseguests not included on the wall, but then if they aren't there are two empty slots on the wall.

On Superpass Rumor Control Chelsia and Laremy mention teams of four with the returning Houseguests which was in fact corrected by Rachel of saying it is teams of three. That might have been an oversight, but I have also seen many Big Brother bloggers also state teams of 4 as well. So I am wondering if one of the Big surprises that is coming out will be that there are 4 Houseguests we do not know about yet, that would bring 16 Houseguests and 4 returning which would be a total of 20 people all together. At the same time it would be possible to have teams of 4. Again I do realize this could be an oversigt by these bloggers and also Super Pass. The reason I am beginning to think there might be more people coming in that we are not aware of right now is that it was reported that we would have the most ever Houseguests (obviously we would include the Returning players as Houseguests) and right now it doesn't seem to be true. But like I said above Mike could have left and Joe replaced him and he was going to be one of the surprises. But I do wonder what is the 4 big surprises? The major twist I think is the Mentors, but four Big Surprises makes me think it could be Houseguests that we don't know about yet.

Just because there were 14 slots on the wall during media day doesn't mean it will be that many once the HG are there. They still had time to change things between media day and first day of HG.

Just sayin'... :)

I also think the four big surprises ARE the returning HG.

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name