Joe Arvin, Pre-Season

post-2-0-79451400-1341520411_thumb.jpg

Name:

Joe Arvin

: 41

Hometown:

Lexington, Ky. (living in Schererville, Ind.)

Chef

Three adjectives that describe you:

Leader, performer and entertainer.

Favorite Activities:

Watching my kids play sports, compete and see them have that drive to win.

Most difficult part about living inside the Big Brother house:

It will be hard to have everyday, every minute, every second of my life on the air. I think at times I will want to crawl into a hole and hide.

Strategy for winning “Big Brother:”

I plan to use my cooking skills to help get me to the end. Every one loves to eat, never get rid of the cook!

Which past Big Brother cast member did you like most or least:

My favorites were Chicken George, because he was able to move around undetected for much of the time, and Will, who won by acting like he was crazy. Come on that’s talent.

What are you afraid of:

I am not a big fan of being alone. I love to have people around me at all times. It comforts me. It makes me happy. I would also say heights. I get upset and dizzy.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of:

Never giving up, my will to win and being a mentor to my kids.

Finish this sentence:

My life’s motto is…

Inspire, dream, cook. That’s how you become GREAT!

What would you take into the house and why:

A football to remind me everyday that it’s a game and I will win. A cookbook since I’m always studying my art and a family photo because I never forget where I come from and who I am fighting for.

I'm right there with you, kywildcat! I love it that there are two HG this year from Kentucky. I think Diane was the only other HG from our state so I was surprised when i saw two from here. lol I'm anxious to see a video of him though. I can pick up a lot about a person by their body movements and tone of voice on important subjects. I think the HG will enjoy having a chef in there but not sure how far that one item alone can get him to the end.

Guest 6Borders

Love this guy...chef, family man, never forgets where he comes from...might even have some shoulders (LOL Dade!)!

I predict he gets voted off early but I'm rooting for him so far!!

I'm right there with you, kywildcat! I love it that there are two HG this year from Kentucky. I think Diane was the only other HG from our state so I was surprised when i saw two from here. lol I'm anxious to see a video of him though. I can pick up a lot about a person by their body movements and tone of voice on important subjects. I think the HG will enjoy having a chef in there but not sure how far that one item alone can get him to the end.

ITA!I can't wait to see the interviews. My 1st impression just from reading his bio, I fear Joe might be too nice a guy for BB. But then again, Jordan won! Dan too! If he stays under the radar, he can hopefully make it far. I don't think cooking abilities alone will get him far at all tho.

I think you're right about Diane being the last one from KY. I remember James Rhine wearing a UK shirt a lot but he wasn't from KY (that I know of).

Most of the interviews are on youtube....but I didn't see this one. Is there a link anywhere?

joe wasnt available when they did interviews

i am guessing he replace mike who is no longer on the cast :animated_bouncy:

Chef means he's not going anywhere for awhile unless he's just a jerk.

good assessment house cook usually make jury at least :animated_bouncy:

After watching the interviews on SuperPass I found out there are several people going into the house who love to cook so Joe won't be alone in the kitchen. I'm hoping since they do have a chef that TPTB will give them more items to use in cooking like a good assortment of spices and condiments. The more you have on hand the better your dishes will be IMO.

the best i can do since he didn't have an interview done

strengths: if he chooses to be house cook it should help him develop relationship with others, may be underestimated due to age

weakness: may take on too much of a leadership role, may be an outsider with young 20's hg , may struggle if he isn't the life of party, comps that involved heights :animated_bouncy:

I'm cautiously optimistic... Could be a great combination of June, Chicken George, Danielle (season 3) but, if any of the HG's that are "students" of the game could see through his strategy and get him out early.

I dunno .. I didn't like him. But then again, I don't like anyone who plays this game with their children as their shields. Nothing against moms and dads in general since I have them, and I like them, but those HG's who play the game and are cast from the "parent" category I usually wind up disliking. Mostly because they always act like they are going to be away from their kids for 30 years instead of 2 months. Mostly because they act like having kids, means they should automatically get every prize their is, such as a call/letter from home, etc Mostly because guys or girls who talk about the values they instill in their kids like it's an actual thing, rub me as two-faces and hypocritical like Shelly last season.

In my opinion, as a parent you have ideas about the kind of life you want for your kids and the things you want them to know, but those are not things you can teach directly. Usually they learn the things and values you want them to, based on HOW you raise the kids, not how you talk about how you raise the kids.

So this guy seems kinda .. meh. Rubbing me the wrong way as he seems fake atm, but .. we'll see. I think he might have a chance of getting to Jury though ...

very animated here about his cooking :

[media=]

not sure the egg blowing with fly in the house :animated_bouncy:

high-octane, if he talks like that in the BB house I pitty our live-feed recappers. He doesn't seem to understand the concept of INSIDE VOICE.

OMG! I couldn't even watch that bacon video for more than 30 seconds. He stomped on every last nerve in my body. I hope he tones it down in the house. If not, his cooking better be darn good to save him!

Guest 6Borders

A lot of chefs and back-of-the house people are loud like that because they have to be heard over the kitchen noises. BB may tell him the DR to tone it down like they did with Hayden when the fans started complaining that they had to turn their volume way down!!

I doubt he will be "The Next Food Network Star" :unsure: