Willie Hantz, Pre-Season

morty

With the state of the economy right now ... that could be seen as kind of mean as a lot of people in their 30's now live with their parents. Not just losers either. CNN recently ran a story about college graduates moving back in with their folks. http://www.cnn.com/2...?iref=allsearch

The statistics there are pretty interesting, and well .. also personal to me, as I lost my job in 2010 and after months and months of searching, finally ran out of money and was forced to relocate to live with my mom. I am now a full time college student and still an unemployed person looking for work, and I am not alone, as I have several friends who have found themselves in similar situations. We were poor growing up and found college, cost prohibitive, so went straight into the work-force and worked for years. But with no college degree, and a difficult job market, we found ourselves unemployed. Choosing to use our down time between jobs to increase our job skills through formal education.

Times are tough in many places, and despite the blow to my pride when I was forced to move in with my mom, I can tell you from experience, that living with my mom again has been very rewarding, in a lot of unexpected ways.

You get to know your parents more as people, and less as your "parents". Mom and I have far more quality time together than we did when I was growing up, as she was always working 1-2 jobs, and went back to college herself when I was still a teenager, which caused for a lack of quality time together when I was growing up. Our interactions are more meaningful, as we're able to pool our resources, and time management for the up-keep of our home, and expenses and able to enjoy several hobby's together. In fact, I've turned my mom into a bit of a big brother fan, against her will, as she use to think the show was kind of cheesy but has come to look forward to it being on.

Casper I like you but please please don't spend the whole season preaching at us and telling us we need to be nice and be tolerant. This is Big Brother - our summer fun and critiquing the HG is what we do.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@6borders if you didn't mean it as a slam against the guy, no harm, no foul, I only took exception cause I was feeling touchy, and as a person in their 30's living with their parents I have heard similar slams a lot from people whom don't realize how people come to be in that situation, and the CNN article I read recently opened my eyes to exactly how many people like myself are actually now in that situation. So I wanted to link to it, so others could learn about it.

@Marty -- I have always been kind of preachy, don't be so mean guys... I often wind up sticking my foot in it, try though I might to keep it in check. I'm opinionated, and it comes with the territory. I didn't take what was said as just a slam against the house guest, but slam against all people in that situation which can include posters here .. (actually does include at least one poster, perhaps more here)I have never objected to people being able to say whatever they want. Even if 6borders had meant their post as a slam on the house-guest, I was within my rights to say that I thought it was mean, and "stick up" for the house-guest, or people whom fall into that category, by pointing out the house-guest is not alone in that scenario. Doesn't change his/her opinion about the house guest, doesn't change mine about it either.

I posted that post very late last night, and was actually going to come here today and edit some of it / delete a lot of it, because I felt embarrassed that I had revealed so much of my personal situation on the forums for all to read. But as you both have quoted what I said, the milk has already been split with regards to that. I should know better than to post late at night, for me it's the equivalent of drunk-texting, I always take stuff too personal/get too personal in my responses. In any case, I just want to go on record in saying that I think 6borders is an awesome poster and i have no issues with them .. even when we disagree.

@6borders if you didn't mean it as a slam against the guy, no harm, no foul, I only took exception cause I was feeling touchy, and as a person in their 30's living with their parents I have heard similar slams a lot from people whom don't realize how people come to be in that situation, and the CNN article I read recently opened my eyes to exactly how many people like myself are actually now in that situation. So I wanted to link to it, so others could learn about it.

@Marty -- I have always been kind of preachy, don't be so mean guys... I often wind up sticking my foot in it, try though I might to keep it in check. I'm opinionated, and it comes with the territory. I didn't take what was said as just a slam against the house guest, but slam against all people in that situation which can include posters here .. (actually does include at least one poster, perhaps more here)I have never objected to people being able to say whatever they want. Even if 6borders had meant their post as a slam on the house-guest, I was within my rights to say that I thought it was mean, and "stick up" for the house-guest, or people whom fall into that category, by pointing out the house-guest is not alone in that scenario. Doesn't change his/her opinion about the house guest, doesn't change mine about it either.

I posted that post very late last night, and was actually going to come here today and edit some of it / delete a lot of it, because I felt embarrassed that I had revealed so much of my personal situation on the forums for all to read. But as you both have quoted what I said, the milk has already been split with regards to that. I should know better than to post late at night, for me it's the equivalent of drunk-texting, I always take stuff too personal/get too personal in my responses. In any case, I just want to go on record in saying that I think 6borders is an awesome poster and i have no issues with them .. even when we disagree.

I am just saying there are going to be a lot of opinions of the HG and they can be very harsh. We treat the house guests posting in a forum a LOT different then we would treat people in every day life. It is our summer outlet. So just fair warning Casper it might get brutal. ;)

Well here's the thing about the returning mentors... they may already know this Hanz guy. Because of the wrap parties etc. I wonder if it will work for or against him in the house. Could be instant alliance, could put a strong target on his back... his plan is not to reveal who he is, but 10 to 1 odds someone from the returning house-guests know him .. and can out him, even if he doesn't plan to.

@Marty I've been coming to mortys since BB2, posting since BB4 or BB5 I forget which (on our old boards)... I have a pretty good idea how brutal it gets here. There usually does reach a point during the seasons where I just stop posting and only reading (the whole if you don't have anything nice to say ...) kind of mantra kicks in for me. But yeah, it's a good reminder for me. Have fallen out of BB-forum-posting shape in the off-season and am a bit rusty ;)

Guest 6Borders

Casper, I HOPE you are wrong about the mentors knowing who the HG's are and their backgrounds. That would be extremely unfair, even if they THINK they can be impartial. What if they are allowed to use it against him by sharing it with their mentee? (Personally I can see Grodner pulling that kind of crap and calling it game play). I know I heard "Hantz" "Russel's brother" and felt a little sick, so I am guilty of pre-judgement. (Multiple Russell & then Little Hantz (nephew Brandon) on Survivor was as bad as back-to-back Brenchel on BB)

I watched everyone's interviews & read their bio's twice (first rules of quilting, sewing, crating and reality TV...measure twice, cut once, cos you always miss things the first time)!

The reason I dubbed Willie "3rd Hantz is the charm" is because Russell was just Russel and Brandon was just Brandon. They did not have any shake-it-up game play...they were very predictable. Russell was/will be the same idiot no matter how many times he does CBS shows; same for Brandon.

Willie does not show me predictable: he's macho, rough 'n tumble, better than tho & his big brother, has a GF who will understand if he has to showmance to further himself (and just get mad about it) and his roommate (Mama) is whose cooking he is going to miss. He's an 8-ball with soft and rough sides and completely comfortable in his own skin.

After reading his Bio... .. It seems like he's ready to come into the House - - and say - -

" Okay HG's, move over. I'll show you how this game is played;

And I'll let you know how I spent my prize money about a year from now. "

Blechh

:frusty: Oh NOOO another Hantz

"

There is a difference between someone who has had to move home due to hardship and someone who never left and is just a freeloading loser......just sayin'

There is also a difference between a free loader and someone who works in an industry where they live where they work, ie an oil field.

I don't mean they would all know the new house-guests, just .. it stands to reason there is some incest between CBS programming and wrap-parties, and if Hanz could of got to know a past house guest .. and that former relationship could rear it's head. Either for good (they could form an alliance) or bad (they could out who he is to use against him potentially ) which I 100% agree would not be fair..but bringing people with past BB experience back is already on it's own not fair to newbies. So there is that.. They could try to justify it by saying that the newbies will all have mentors so that evens the playing field.. but whose to say.

Guest 6Borders

They will prob put him with Boogie if rumor is true and Rachel has backed out, otherwise I am sure they would have assigned him to her, because he can't stand her and would prob tell her to go choke on her hair extensions.

He seems to be the type of huy that is full of himself and thinks he is just going to sail through this game. For the most part the people who think they will sail through the game end up beign evicted around middle of the pack and I think he is one of them. In fact I predict first member of jury for him.

If Grodner can't figure out a way for him to make final 3 ..... I'm betting she'll

at least be able to swing it that he gets to jury.

When, oh when will they get rid of this gal and get back to the original Big Brother

and let the HG's play the game ????.

Guest 6Borders

If Grodner can't figure out a way for him to make final 3 ..... I'm betting she'll

at least be able to swing it that he gets to jury.

When, oh when will they get rid of this gal and get back to the original Big Brother

and let the HG's play the game ????.

I totally agree, only because he's a "Hantz" and Grodner has an investment in her recruits so he will most definitely be on the Jury.

So the twitter account @SuperBBfan has been tweeting lately of all the things going on in the house lately. He is the one that has been saying that JoJo threw a huge tantrum after the HOH comp and Janelle won. He then went on to say that she was in sequester and her family still had no contact with her. He then went on to tweet that she returned to the game and the HOH comp was replayed to make it far for everyone and that there is a new HOH.

But it looks like he has now turned his sights on Willie Hantz, he claims that Britney caught Willie Hantz cheating, those two had an argument over it, that Britney turned him in to the Producers and that Willie Hantz is possibly in trouble with the producers for major rule violations. Just thought we could all use a good laugh on how pathetic this guy is.

I am just saying there are going to be a lot of opinions of the HG and they can be very harsh. We treat the house guests posting in a forum a LOT different then we would treat people in every day life. It is our summer outlet. So just fair warning Casper it might get brutal. ;)

As usual I'm going to say my opinion too Marty! :D That's why we are here!

I'm glad another polarizing Hanz will be on our reality show! Let's be meaner than ever! :P

I'm very happy this guy will be on the show as Russell was always really fun to watch on Survivor even if you hated his guts. I always wanted a chance to watch Russell play BB on the live feeds and this will be the 2nd best thing. Russell said in an interview on Rob Has A Podcast that this is the brother he was closest to growing up and they are a lot of like. I get the sense from the interview that Willie is a less nasty but funnier and more personable version of Russell but it sounds like he is just as smart and strategic and will be playing very similar to how Russell would. It will be fun to watch but I don't hava high expectations of him because IMO Russell's strategy of lying, backstabbing and turning everyone against each other is far more difficult to pull off in BB than Survivor as all lies seem to eventually come out in the BB house. Plus this guy REALLY looks like Russell and I would dumbfounded if no one realized there is some kind of relation there as most BB fans are probably also quite familiar with Survivor.

Guest 6Borders

So the twitter account @SuperBBfan has been tweeting lately of all the things going on in the house lately. He is the one that has been saying that JoJo threw a huge tantrum after the HOH comp and Janelle won. He then went on to say that she was in sequester and her family still had no contact with her. He then went on to tweet that she returned to the game and the HOH comp was replayed to make it far for everyone and that there is a new HOH.

But it looks like he has now turned his sights on Willie Hantz, he claims that Britney caught Willie Hantz cheating, those two had an argument over it, that Britney turned him in to the Producers and that Willie Hantz is possibly in trouble with the producers for major rule violations. Just thought we could all use a good laugh on how pathetic this guy is.

DRAMA in the house before the show even starts...gotta love it!

I can see both these things happening...Willie said he was going to cause as much confusion as possible (I think he is a Grodner under-cover boy this season).

Just EXACTLY HOW does SuperFan know what is going on in the house? Does he have some kind of access to the house or early cams or something???

DRAMA in the house before the show even starts...gotta love it!

I can see both these things happening...Willie said he was going to cause as much confusion as possible (I think he is a Grodner under-cover boy this season).

Just EXACTLY HOW does SuperFan know what is going on in the house? Does he have some kind of access to the house or early cams or something???

I seriously think he is making these things up. I think what he is doing is trying to get people to think he is more important than he really is, either that or he knows a PA who is really stupid. I am going for the first one.

Guest 6Borders

You are probably correct.

There are a lot of things I have guessed at and be spot-on or 90% but that's just knowing the show and how Grodner's lazy little mind thinks.

What is a "PA"? (Publicity Assistant???)