Willie Hantz, Pre-Season

morty

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I don't watch Survivor I am not familiar with the Hantz family so there's no preconceived notion about this guy.

He appears to be cocky and a little arrogant. Even though he's a fan of the show I don't think it's going to be as easy as he thinks to stir up trouble and not end up in the middle of the mayhem. That's a tricky thing to pull off and not sure he's the one who can do it.

I can see him becoming a polarizing HG. He may be laid back at first but after they've been in that house for a couple of weeks the true personality starts leaking out. At that point it's Katie bar the door! lol If his arrogance takes over he won't last very long in that house IMO.

So he likes strip clubs and whiskey? So what? At least he's honest and isn't trying to act like he is somebody or something he's not (read fake). If he can manage to stir up crap in the house, I'm a fan!

Guest 6Borders

Well, even tho he is a Hantz he is at least "new" and hopefully he will cause some drama...I expect his plan is going to backfire on him unless he does not tell who he is related to.

I thought he acted almost exactly like his brother during the interview. Whether he tells who he is or not, if there are any Surivivor fans in the house and they recognize his last name, they'll figure it out. He looks and acts too much like his bro.

I hope he lasts and I hope he stirs crap 'til it stinks up the whole house. :laugh4: That's entertainment!

He'll either be one of the 1st to go or he'll be nothing like what his bio reads... I'm hoping for the latter. (Scheming is behind the scene's and the charm is on camera!)

strengths: willing to take chances, trooper for slop being have not, lying and manipulating should be second nature to him, will do anything for 500k

weakness: willing to take chances, may try to mimic his brother style of play, may be over paranoid, alpha male, drama starter , temper, able to control emotions, messy, maybe hard to live with, mental comps :animated_bouncy:

He'll either be one of the 1st to go or he'll be nothing like what his bio reads... I'm hoping for the latter. (Scheming is behind the scene's and the charm is on camera!)

i have to agree with you on both points either first to go or be nothing like his bio or interview

either he will pull a dan and be a total opposite of his interview or one of the first one gone :animated_bouncy:

Russell has a show called flipped off or something like that on TLC. His brother Sean flips houses with him. His brother Sean is a nice guy but takes too much of Russell's crap. But this could be good in the big brother house because he may just get far as long as he doesn't say who he is related to. I think if any of them watch Survivor they will vote him off just because of Russell or they may not just because of Russell.

I don't really like house guests with ties to old house guests/shows .. it immediately pigeon holes a person .. and there is no way people in the house aren't going to guess whom he's related to (he looks JUST LIKE THEM), and I am almost 100% positive someone will recognize Kara as the playmate or whatever. It's why I prefer total unknowns .. it doesn't give some people a leg up on the competition or an In, on the flip side of that, it doesn't give someone a reputation they have to live down before they've even said "hi" to the other house guests yet.

Not a fan of the whole process.

He came across as interesting in his interview.. not my favorite, but not my least favorite either.

Russell in Survivor was polarizing...but his nephew in Survivor tried to make amends...not sure how this branch of the fam will play out...hostile and docile are two ends of the spectrum...guess expect some fireworks here

Russell in Survivor was polarizing...but his nephew in Survivor tried to make amends...not sure how this branch of the fam will play out...hostile and docile are two ends of the spectrum...guess expect some fireworks here

Would that be the same as passive aggressive?

Guest 6Borders

He will definitely go at least to Jury just because he is a Hantz, he was recruited by CBS and they can't afford their recruits to fail and get voted out early cos they prob give them an extra stipend to be on the show. Mark my words, any time this dude is in danger of eviction there will be a Grodner Safety Net in place for him.

i don't see no middle ground for this guy

either he will be out early (1-2 evictions) like cecimom said or he will go awhile :animated_bouncy:

Russell is five years older than Willie. I'm betting Willie learned a thing or two from his older brother. If he's got a short temper, he'll have to deal with a whole house full of people as opposed to half of the people on the island, lol

I'll be very surprised if he makes it to jury.

Don't forget, he's 30-something and lives with his mama!!!

With the state of the economy right now ... that could be seen as kind of mean as a lot of people in their 30's now live with their parents. Not just losers either. CNN recently ran a story about college graduates moving back in with their folks. http://www.cnn.com/2...?iref=allsearch

The statistics there are pretty interesting, and well .. also personal to me, as I lost my job in 2010 and after months and months of searching, finally ran out of money and was forced to relocate to live with my mom. I am now a full time college student and still an unemployed person looking for work, and I am not alone, as I have several friends who have found themselves in similar situations. We were poor growing up and found college, cost prohibitive, so went straight into the work-force and worked for years. But with no college degree, and a difficult job market, we found ourselves unemployed. Choosing to use our down time between jobs to increase our job skills through formal education.

Times are tough in many places, and despite the blow to my pride when I was forced to move in with my mom, I can tell you from experience, that living with my mom again has been very rewarding, in a lot of unexpected ways.

You get to know your parents more as people, and less as your "parents". Mom and I have far more quality time together than we did when I was growing up, as she was always working 1-2 jobs, and went back to college herself when I was still a teenager, which caused for a lack of quality time together when I was growing up. Our interactions are more meaningful, as we're able to pool our resources, and time management for the up-keep of our home, and expenses and able to enjoy several hobby's together. In fact, I've turned my mom into a bit of a big brother fan, against her will, as she use to think the show was kind of cheesy but has come to look forward to it being on.

Guest 6Borders

With the state of the economy right now ... that could be seen as kind of mean as a lot of people in their 30's now live with their parents. Not just losers either. CNN recently ran a story about college graduates moving back in with their folks. http://www.cnn.com/2...?iref=allsearch

The statistics there are pretty interesting, and well .. also personal to me, as I lost my job in 2010 and after months and months of searching, finally ran out of money and was forced to relocate to live with my mom. I am now a full time college student and still an unemployed person looking for work, and I am not alone, as I have several friends who have found themselves in similar situations. We were poor growing up and found college, cost prohibitive, so went straight into the work-force and worked for years. But with no college degree, and a difficult job market, we found ourselves unemployed. Choosing to use our down time between jobs to increase our job skills through formal education.

Times are tough in many places, and despite the blow to my pride when I was forced to move in with my mom, I can tell you from experience, that living with my mom again has been very rewarding, in a lot of unexpected ways.

You get to know your parents more as people, and less as your "parents". Mom and I have far more quality time together than we did when I was growing up, as she was always working 1-2 jobs, and went back to college herself when I was still a teenager, which caused for a lack of quality time together when I was growing up. Our interactions are more meaningful, as we're able to pool our resources, and time management for the up-keep of our home, and expenses and able to enjoy several hobby's together. In fact, I've turned my mom into a bit of a big brother fan, against her will, as she use to think the show was kind of cheesy but has come to look forward to it being on.

I didn't say it as a mean thing...sorry you took offense!

If he goes in with his family reunion shirt on or a visible Hantz tattoo like his nephew did on Survivor, I think he will be enemy #1 week 1. If he goes in like My name is Willie and I'm from blah blah blah, I don't think a connection in who he is related to would be made right off the bat.. We see the resemblance some what to Russell because we all know Willie's last name. If he keeps his last name quiet for a while I doubt it would click in anyones head, "hey you kinda look like that guy from Survivor!!!"

That's why I'm interested to see what his REAL approach will be on Day 1...

Guest 6Borders

I think he's not only the likeable Hantz (tho he would vote off his "own mama cos she'd get sympathy votes" LOL) he also said no way is he going to tell who he is related to (already makes him the smart Hantz).

I think from his interview he understands the game and that things change but he has a game-plan in mind. I was impressed with his views on "showmances" too...that was interesting.