Mike - no longer in sequester (pre-season)

morty

truthfully when i first saw his pic and promo i had nothing to say about this guy

which is pretty rare

i usually have something to say about everyone

he just stood out to me as ordinary

so he won't be missed :animated_bouncy:

Truthfully I only care cause I am interested in the BB world behind the iron curtain. I wonder how they make the choices they make.. and if things are more on the make than we think they are .. or if they really do manipulate stuff like fans suspect.

Guest 6Borders

Truthfully I only care cause I am interested in the BB world behind the iron curtain. I wonder how they make the choices they make.. and if things are more on the make than we think they are .. or if they really do manipulate stuff like fans suspect.

Seems like more and more HG's are "asked" to do Big Brother rather than apply. This year so far at least 3 of them were asked or offered the show.

Who are those 3 people?

Jenn was asked (she's a former/current member of the band Kittie which was big when I was growing up, though less popular these days I think) and I know Shane was asked .. in 2010 he was one of cosmo's most eligible bachelor... so he said he was sought out/asked to be on the show. And pretty sure that Hanz guy was asked. So I think those are the 3 not sure the others.

Seems like more and more HG's are "asked" to do Big Brother rather than apply. This year so far at least 3 of them were asked or offered the show.

As much as I want to complain about this, I really can't. As I feel like this is a move by BB producers to prolong the brand of Big Brother past it's original sell-by date. In the beginning it was possible for reality television to cast more "normal" people, but that ship has sailed in the industry as a whole. By stacking the cast with at least a few people whom already might have built in fan-bases, they allow the continuation of -some- casting of normal people.

As much as people say they want normal people, people have unrealistic expectations in that regard. Take a look at Kalia last year... no matter what anyone says about her, in my eyes she's cosmetically a beautiful woman, at least when given the chance to do her hair, and makeup and dress up .. but she was TORN APART by the viewing public because of her looks, and frequent comments were made about her weight, when in actuality she's not really fat, by the comparisons to most people I see in every day life. She is actually in better shape than a lot of people I know (though she did gain weight in the house). And she's probably the chubbiest woman house guest that I've seen on the show, who didn't gain the weight while in the house.

People want normal people, whom happen to have movie-star good looks, and brilliant game plan, and, and, and... basically people are greedy. The number of people they're going to find going to casting calls who look like Jeff Shcroder is extremely minimal.

So while I don't like that normal people don't have as good of a chance to get on the show.. when we are given new people they are torn apart, and frankly that's just how the world works. Beautiful people sell.. the easiest way to find beautiful people is through agents, facebook/twitter/youtube etc where you don't have to rely on them to come to an audition ..

Sadly I also think this is why they bring back so many houseguests. As much as we may hate some players or seeing some faces return, there are just as many fans who -want- to see their idols again, and who are excited to see their favorites back. And the love to hate thing is good for ratings. It's the same reason the Karadashians continue to have television shows. People may hate them, but people tune in, to get to hate on them. They want to see what stupid ridiculous thing they're going to do this week.

But do we know for sure if these people were asked or if they actually applied for Big Brother. As far as we know many of these people might have applied in previous seasons and not picked for those seasons but came back to do this season. From what it looks like the majority of the people on this season have seen past seasons and are a fan of the game so I think it is possible they applied for the show either this season or last.

But do we know for sure if these people were asked or if they actually applied for Big Brother. As far as we know many of these people might have applied in previous seasons and not picked for those seasons but came back to do this season. From what it looks like the majority of the people on this season have seen past seasons and are a fan of the game so I think it is possible they applied for the show either this season or last.

Our information on whom was "asked" to do the show comes from the horses mouth, re: what the house guests themselves have said in interviews about how they were approached to be on the show.

Wil (the blonde-fabio) guy says him and his friends were talking about going to an audition the next day, were out at a bar, and he got a tap on his shoulder from someone who does casting asking him to come in the next day, and he said he had already been planning on it. In that situation that doesn't really count as being "picked" for the show the same way the others were, but you can't deny that probably gave him at least a little bit of an edge. In that scenario it was kind of two-pronged what happened to him.

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name