Guide To Winning Big Brother

I can't wait for the new season and have been watching some past seasons in anticipation. The past seasons have given me some ideas on consistent strategies winners have used to survive to the end of the game and also get the votes in the end. Here are some strategies I came up with but feel free to share your own.

-Try to win the first HOH; this may be the most valuable HOH of the entire game because it will almost guarantee you that many people will approach you to form early alliances and you will have many options of who you want to fight through the game with. The first HOH is also the least likely to create resentment with nominations as you can easily use the excuse of not getting to know certain people well enough to know where they stand this early in the game (this is generally true of at least two people.)

-Who to fill out your alliance with is a tricky business. You want people that are loyal yet unlikeable, someone that is mouthy enough to piss people off but not mouthy enough to blow their alliance’s cover. You want to imagine yourself standing next to these alliance members at the end of the game and having a leg up on them in several ways, whether being humbler, more honest, more compassionate, more in control of your emotions, etc. The number of members in your alliance isn’t too important as long as you feel you have picked a group you can trust to the end.

-Do your best to keep your alliance a secret. Do not hang out with your alliance members more or less on average than anyone else in the house. If you want to talk game, do it while doing some kind of activity like cooking, playing pool, etc. Never sit around and have a conversation with your entire alliance if there is a chance of being seen.

-Talk game as little as possible to people outside of your alliance, yet also try to create deep bonds with those people. Always make yourself a shoulder to cry on, an understanding listener, and someone who’s company people enjoy. Having a showmance or deep friendship with someone outside your alliance can be very valuable but you have to be very up front about it with your alliance, ensuring that they know you are forming these bonds for future votes to benefit the alliance, which will always be the first priority. If these side friendships begin to make your alliance uncomfortable, you must start limiting contact with them.

-Make as few promises with people outside your alliance as you can. If you have to make a promise to avoid going on the block or getting voted out than the person you made the promise to becomes your prime target. Do whatever you can to subtly persuade people to put them on the block and vote them out because promises are a huge liability in this game.

-HOH Competitions- Very early or very late in the game is a good time to win HOH. Other than that it is much more of a curse than a blessing to win them unless you feel you have somehow become the target of a majority of the house. From the start of the jury until the final five or so winning HOH could spell your DOOM! However, as stated before, the first HOH competition is definitely worth winning and the final four HOH is also excellent because you will be safe and it doesn’t make any difference who you put up so you will create no enemies.

-POV Competitions- These are less risky to win than HOH but are still generally a huge burden that you should never try to win unless you are on the block, suspect you will be a replacement nom, or have an alliance member on the block. If you win this thing while not on the block, you can expect a week of intense begging, paranoia, and many chances of making enemies. The final four POV is tempting because it is the most powerful non-twist prize in the game but will almost guarantee one less jury vote so should be a last resort.

-Luxury Competitions- Only try to win these if you are playing for a group prize. Never try to win something for yourself as it will only give others ammo to use against you. Even if it’s for a group prize, you should only be an average player. Don’t be dominant enough to put a target on yourself and don’t lose enough to make people think you are throwing competitions.

More or less accurate but there are a lot of things about that list which can work against you .. being first HOH can show you are "strong" unless another side alliance in the house blows up to cover your tracks.

There is also a great deal of luck, and if you wind up being a producer favorite involved as things wont always go your way no matter how good a game you think you have.

I'd also say the first HoH is usually a curse rather than a blessing and can see you out of the door sooner rather than later.

My one bit of advise would be to truly align with just one other person in the show, preferbly in secret, and that'll probably get you further than being part of a bigger alliance. Ideally the two of you would be losely links to the inevitable two sides of the house that form so you can compare notes and ensure it's the other members of the bigger, more obvious, alliances that are being picked off.

Guest 6Borders

Well, if the game were "legit" anymore I would agree with most all of the above. Unfortunately it's become completely one-sided to Grodner and CBS and all they care about is the money and not what the game is about or producting a quality show.

The keys to winning Big Brother (JMHO):

1. Be a Grodner selected fav from the get-go. Apparently she's got a stable of people who know her from somewhere (Matt) or she's pre-selected for some reason and told them to apply (heavens knows where she came up with Jesse). If Grodner has pre-selected you, you are almost guaranteed to be the HOH when things like the Diamond Veto is a prize, or the week you get eliminated just happens to coincide with a revolving door twist or something.

2. Now, of course, we not only have bring-backs from BB but bring-in's from other shows (TAR, Survivor, etc) and the producers are not going to bring those people in to have the eliminated in the first round, so if you come back in or from another show you are guaranteed to go pretty far because CBS pretty much gave you a contract or at least a verbal guarantee.

3. If you are "just a contestent" who actually legitimately made the show, concentrate hugely on making yourself a fan-favorite. Fan Fav's not only get the votes for perks but a fan fav = money for Grodner/CBS = Grodner deploying Safety Nets for that person with one of her infamous "twists" which keep them in the game and keep those text votes and $1 a call votes coming in.

Guide to Winning BB

1. Kiss Grodner's arse

2. If female - - get breast implants

3. ( IF yesterday's rumors are true ) 1st get on another Reality Show

4. When doing a video make sure you mention how great you think the show is

with her at the helm. (see No. l)

Start packing

1. Do not win the first 3 HOH's if possible or POV's, this will be the time when the overconfident, know it all, muscle heads will try to dominant the game, get on their good side, they will keep you safe and backstab them the first chance you get.

2. Secretly align with one other HG of the opposite sex, go with your gut on this! that way you can meet in secret in the mornings when the other are asleep to exchange info and compare notes and to add to this avoid a showmance at all costs becoming house targets is very stressful, your wellbeing comes first!

3. as a Trust test tell the one other person you are "aligned with" something you won't tell anyone else in the house to see if it gets back to you.

4. research a 15-17 letter word before entering house and memorize its correct spelling!

5. Listen as much as possible, people will want to tell their entire life story, let them. gather as much info as you can on their personal lives and say very little about yours, if possible tell the very same story to everyone and leave as much truth out as you can.. you want to seem like part of the "house", but not really.

6. Do not, I repeat DO NOT open Pandora's Box. Jesse may be inside. :shocking:

7. week 4- time to win a POV, because tensions are high in the house after that HOH endurance challenge and people are on edge, time to secure your safety just in case the HOH is a nutcase and wants to "pawn" you.

8. fail successfully at the next HOH comp even if you are winning it, we want the other HGs to think that POV win from the week prior was just a fluke.

9. win an HOH week 6 if it is skill, skill is based on chance.. the other HGs wouldn't deem you a great threat because that challenge could have been anyone's game.

10. you have now won an HOH and you have to put 2 people up. put the 2 people that the other HGs like the most, chances are they wont be really playing the game because they're depending on their house popularity to get them to the end, they are most likely not winning much so for you they are not a Threat. under such pressure people's true colors start to show and this will be the true test to see how likeable they remain to the others. oh no need to worry about POV, someone other that the 2 nominated will win and neither will be saved.

11. be atleast the third one to fall off the next endurance challenge, we are getting pretty close to the end and again the longer you stay up there the higher the probability you will get nominated that week if you dont win and besides you must conserve your energy for the 3 part HOH challenge.

12. Do not initiate a final 2 conversation with anyone! not even your 1 alliance member, if you know who you want to take to f2, DO NOT TELL THEM. When all the planets have aligned and your genius plan has panned out then you make your decision live on national TV when asked by Julie.

13. have your "vote for me" speech ready beforehand, apologise if someone is hurt by your backstabbing and own up to it. you are at F2 now its time to basically tell all the dirt, you dont necessarily have to explain why you did it just own up to it and do not fight with the people who are obviously bitter they got voted out, remember you need them to vote in your favor, "I'm sorry" is worth a half million dollars.

the guide to winning big brother starts and end with the cast selections

one thing all winners had in common was the perfect cast taylor-made for them to maneuver do their thing

would the brigade work on another season? probably not , when you have a shield like rachel n brendon around you soaking up all the attention it makes life/game easy

would dick antics work on another season ? probably not, dick was probably the alpha male of his season put him on season 11 with jeff, russell, and jessie they would have

told him to sit his behind down :bash:

so while i think some of prior advice above maybe helpful it still comes down to the cast around you

so to conclude even with the best of strategies/guides if the cast around you isn't biting you aren't going to win :animated_bouncy:

the guide to winning big brother starts and end with the cast selections

one thing all winners had in common was the perfect cast taylor-made for them to maneuver do their thing

would the brigade work on another season? probably not , when you have a shield like rachel n brendon around you soaking up all the attention it makes life/game easy

would dick antics work on another season ? probably not, dick was probably the alpha male of his season put him on season 11 with jeff, russell, and jessie they would have

told him to sit his behind down :bash:

so while i think some of prior advice above maybe helpful it still comes down to the cast around you

so to conclude even with the best of strategies/guides if the cast around you isn't biting you aren't going to win :animated_bouncy:

I do think there are many universal qualities that work well no matter who your castmates are though. Every cast has all kinds of personality types. The cocky alpha males, the materialistic tweens, the motherly/fatherly figures, the quirky anti-mainstreamers, the comedians, the slimeballs… the challenge is how to navigate your way through all these personality types to the end of the game and also get their votes.

I personally thought the Brigade was the most well-constructed alliance ever and actually modeled several of these tips after them (Hayden did win the first HOH after all). It wasn’t just the fact that they amazingly remained a secret all the way up until they chose to reveal their alliance at the end of the game, it was also their ability to control the votes and protect themselves from the start by having each member create a fake side alliance that created the illusion of the house being made up of nothing but a bunch of two-person alliances, which almost always kept two Brigade members from being on the block at the same time. I think it’s a great and flexible strategy and the reason that that season was so boring was because of how dominant the Brigade was. Brendon and Rachel certainly didn’t hurt but I think they would have done just fine without them.

Guest 6Borders

I have to agree about The Brigade. I think Enzo took The 4-Horsemen a step further and improved on it when he created The Brigade. Both alliances remained loyal to each other to the end.

Brittany totally missed it with The Brigade...a strong friendship = a strong alliance and it made it easier on The Brigade that Brittany & Lane were (genuinely I think) friends.

I also agree that a dynamic which works on one season will not necessarily work on another. Now that Grodner has run amuck on the bring-backs it really does not matter who you align with unless it happens to be in her game plan.

1. DO NOT WIN the First Head of Household (HOH). By winning the first HOH you put a target on your back that you do not want to be there. Hayden was the only first HOH winner to win the whole season and the only reason he was able to do that was because he had a secret aliance that no one knew about. If you are able to build that type of alliance then great, but chances are it is not going to happen.

2. Only try to win the POV when you are HOH or nominated, doing so when you are not nominated or HOH puts a target on your back that again you don't want.

3. Create an alliance with a few people but DO NOT reveal that you guys are in an alliance. Tak with everyone in the house and act as though you have no alliance with anyone. The minute word gets out that there are alliances in the house the others target that alliance to get rid of them. Hayden, Enzo, Matt, and Lane made far in the game because they were able to keep their alliance a secret to the very end.

4. Be Careful and don't play the game too fast too soon. Most of the first people getting evicted are ones that start playing the game too early. At the beginning people want to get to know the others in the house, yet someone who starts game planning and talking about game all the time are the ones that put a target on their backs.

1. DO NOT WIN the First Head of Household (HOH). By winning the first HOH you put a target on your back that you do not want to be there. Hayden was the only first HOH winner to win the whole season and the only reason he was able to do that was because he had a secret aliance that no one knew about. If you are able to build that type of alliance then great, but chances are it is not going to happen.

actually lisa bb3 and rachel bb13 also won with first hoh :animated_bouncy:

Actually finished up watching BB3 last night and even though I knew it was coming still couldn't believe Lisa won - especially by such a landslide.

Suprised she won against Danielle? She was kind of evil while Lisa was pretty likeable. Luckily the jury didn't know that Lisa voted against her boyfriend Eric coming back in the house cause that was smart but kinda of brutal. I believe I remember reading that Lisa gave most of her money to charity though so she's a cool girl in my book!

Am re-watching Season 10, and after Jesse's eviction am watching Michelle run around going crazy after his loss. Which reminds me of an important rule for winning BB.

Rule # 5467 If one of your friends/alliance mates gets evicted and you manage to get HOH, do not LOUDLY run around the house talking about getting revenge, or vengeance for someone's elimination, as you will only follow them out the door the next week. Use your week of "power" to redirect attention away from your former association and use your new found power to help secure your safety for the following week when you can not compete.

Suprised she won against Danielle? She was kind of evil while Lisa was pretty likeable. Luckily the jury didn't know that Lisa voted against her boyfriend Eric coming back in the house cause that was smart but kinda of brutal. I believe I remember reading that Lisa gave most of her money to charity though so she's a cool girl in my book!

They knew about Eric as they were not sequestered - Danielle not winning was cited as a reason for sequestering the year after.

She was kind of evil but so was Will and he won against a stronger player IMO by gaining respect for playing the game. Lisa was little more than a lucky floater people just forgot was in the house and though I've no doubt she was likeable and as a person one of the more worthy winners, as a player there was no contest IMO. (And yes, I know I'm a decade late to this argument!)

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name