BB 14 excitement level, 1-10

TwinCity

What is your bb excitement level for bb14?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What is your bb excitement level for bb14?

2. 2. What are you most excited to hear info about?

• Cast
    • House design/theme
    • Twist
    • Live Feed
    • BBAD
    • Other

Super-size... meh they are so going to have some sort of french fries HOH this year if they're going with that theme. I can already see Portia dawning her Ronald Mcdonalds wig and outfit. Or whoever plays the dumb sleeps all day blonde this season.

I think 20 house guests seems like a nice round number. They seem to like round numbers. Guarantee either a few of 'em aren't guaranteed to get into the house, or there is a live eviction the first night ... as one of the "surprises".

They've talked about a jury house vs real house game for a while so I wouldn't be surprised if we had 2 "houses" this season.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 6Borders

I'm just starting to think that "super sized" is another one of those buzz phrases Team Grodner loves to implement in order to make us think something actually will be exciting or different, which it never is (and is usually stupid) but it's just enough of a play on words for them to get away with it. Basically, if they are having more HG's than ever, they've already fulfilled "super-sized".

I'm not a fast food person, so I really don't know how much more product you get when you super-size your fries or drink..like maybe 1/3 more???

I really can't see a bigger house or more $$ at stake. Something which would be nice is to super-size the amount of comp's. The HG's have way to much time to just sit/lie around and complain.

well keep in mind they now have to actually compete with another show of similar nature (Glass house) and last season was the highest ratings they'd had in a while, so that might mean the network is willing to throw them more money.

Or maybe I am just hopeful.

I am always torn about how much I want them to shake stuff up. On one hand, I have been a loyal and some might say fanatic fan of this show for years, on another hand it has been starting to feel all staged/or boring by mid-season the last few years. So there is that desire for them to really reach and truly do something unique.

Some of their play on words ends up being buzz words we use in the game for years afterwards, like their DNA and DO NOT ASSUME nonsense. Though I could honestly live the rest of my life without ever hearing the word Saboteur again.

TV always seems to associate bigger with better but I think in most cases, certainly with reality TV, it's actually stripping it back a bit which often makes for the better show. I really see no benefit in having more than 16 houseguests in a show that's only going to last 11 weeks or so - half of them will just get lost in the edit in the opening weeks.

The only way I could kind of see it working is if we have 18, so three teams of six, and somehow one team gets effectively taken out of the game in the premiere. I wouldn't evict them though - just perhaps move them out so they have to win their place back in the game. I kind of like the idea of people being able to come in and out of the game - so those out of the game can't be HoH or vote but also can't be nominated or evicted. Obviously you'd have to balance that by making the outcast area extremely difficult to live in - and having a set date 2-3 weeks in where anyone still in the outcast area will be evicted - so although short term it might be advantageous, in the long term it's incredibly risky.

Frankly I like some of the old-timers more than the young, lets get drunk and be stupid because we think we're hot, wanna be models/actresses ... they already have a show like that, it's called Jersey Shore lol

Another thing to keep in mind, the older average players seem to bring the most drama. I am not talking about the casts which are made up of one freakishly older player and one super super young person. No, I am thinking of the casts that have the oldest median age.

Because it really is true that people don't necessarily mature as they get older, some people just get older. For me it's far more fun to watch adults behaving badly than young kids ..

A cast where everyone was between 30 and 40 would be perfect for me. Your young 30's you're still young enough to be hot but also still trying to get all your stuff together.

Guest 6Borders

I think they should go back to everyone on the jury and they get to go home and watch the tapes. The Jury House is a big joke!

I try to look at this from a totally realistic point. The reason some twists/turns/changes are used is determined by previous ratings of shows in the past. If they had a higher than usual rating on a broadcast chances are they will repeat that often until they no longer receive the projected ratings. I think it's more about being afraid to "take a risk" than actually changing up the game.

I'm sure many of us would love to see some major changes in this game. I'm just not sure if the producers are willing to make too many major changes because they worry about losing the BB faithful. Are they willing to take a risk or prefer to remain in their comfort zone?

I used to like the idea of the viewers getting to vote on a possible eviction but it's hard when you don't trust TPTB to do the right thing. We have no way to know if they actually go by the vote of simply choose which player they want to leave. It's pretty obvious they've manipulated the game in the past in order to keep a HG around because they think they affect the ratings. When someone shows you who they are, believe them.

My excitement level is finally moving up. I held off voting on this poll until today. Now I'm looking forward to the HG reveal so I can start learning their names and background. It helps to know them ahead of the start of the game so I know who I'm talking about it chat! lol

"Today was ... Out. Of. Control. I'm gagged 'til 7/2. Sorry, my friends." :animated_bouncy:

Guest 6Borders

I think "ratings" are skewed. You not only have the producers who really don't have to show honesty in ratings, but you have ppl who sit home 24/7 and vote over and over and over because they have nothing better to do! That's why I think voting should ONLY be a 24 hour period only...everyone has time to vote within that time.

It's just pretty easy for Grodner/CBS to cop out and put the likes of Brenchel, Jessie, Jeff/Jordan on a contract to do x-number of whatever CBS wants them to do. I almost puked during the TAR/Brenchel interview at the end when Rachel said "CBS approached us right after Big Brother...". I'm sure they got extra stipends in addition to what money they made on the show to do the show.

I honestly don't think BB is going to produce anything earth shaking this season because of Glass House. If GH really takes off and produces a show worth watching/chatting about that looks like another season is pending, Grodner might sit up and take a little notice for next year, but again, I don't hold my breath on that one cos Grodner is so dang lazy.

Please help. My television has been out for a while. Hopefully will be back in tomorrow. Have not seen any new promos. Any buzz?

Nothing more than what has been posted.. Wildest season yet and 4 major things to happen.

Guest 6Borders

I DO NOT like you can win as many HOH's in a row as you can; DO NOT like the stupid Golden Key thing...that's just a way for Grodner to select one of her fav's, protect them to final 8 and then find a way to keep them if they get eliminated.

As for returnees, I'm disappointed that they are bringing in people from other shows. I've seen ENOUGH of Colton and he will play the same game as he did on Survivor. I guess the upside is it's NOT Rob & Amber, anyone named Hantz or Benjamin "Coach" Wade!

If any of this is true I am not looking forward to the season...just another big CBS manipulated disappointment after hearing this.

Guest 6Borders

I went down to a MINUS 2 when I heard one of the twists was brining in ppl from Survivor, TAR...CBS needs to get a life; went to a MINUS 3 when I heard about the Golden Key thing and a MINUS 4 that they can compete every week for HOH. The twists are just 4 BIG Grodner/CBS Safety nets to manipulate the outcome of the game based on the contracts they signed with their little stable of reality tv wanna-bees.

Well, I'm not buying any of it. This video was posted by a sixteen year old and I have a hard time believing someone that young can find out all these big secrets.

I looked up the Survivor and TAR people just out of curiosity since I don't watch either of those shows. I'm not impressed with any of them.

That's my two cents. ;)

Guest 6Borders

Moxie, I hope you are right but somehow this all sounds not only plausable but just exactly the crap Grodner/CBS would pull.

Actually, I usually trust 16 year olds to GET this kind of information, NOT make it up. Maybe he's related to someone who jumped the CBS Ship to produce Glass House and these were some of the "trade secrets" or "inside information" in the works for upcoming shows, which would make perfect sense as to why CBS is yappying so loudly about rip-off's! :P

I predicted the minute he got medical evac that Colton would get a CBS bring-back somewhere...you can bet Survivor and Survivor fans don't want him again so it's easy for CBS to just toss him onto BB. There was nothing special about Joey Fitness that I can remember...he must know somebody (prob another one of Grodner's kids). If there was something special about Laura I don't remember that either.

It's going to be a very disappointing season if it IS true. Colton will almost be guaranteed the Golden Key to final 8, then win HOH and get to F3.

OK, a couple of points;

1) I can give this person the benefit of the doubt but my memory tells me any "secrets" that come out this early turn out to be false. (please correct that if I'm wrong)

2) I can only remember one person who did come out with the correct information and they posted it on another board which spread like crazy throughout the other BB sites. They had posted it about two weeks out which was just ahead of CBS releasing the information.

3) It would be ridiculous for TPTB to put Colton on another CBS show. He created a lot of negativity on Survivor and it turned a lot of people off to the extent they quit watching the show. IF the golden key info is correct (and he won), I'm sure there would be plenty of people wanting to watch him in a room by himself for several weeks. He would go a little insane being in squalor by himself. lol

4) From what I read last night Laura considers herself a healthy version of Sarah Palin. Very conservative, religious and somewhat a health nut. Joey was another fitness fanatic but neither one of them created a lot of negative situations on their shows. These two do sound like people BB would put in the house.

5) I always thought they would eventually end up changing the rules on the HOH comps. Giving that person the chance to compete in the next challenge could be an interesting twist. If they got someone in there who was a dynamite player winning HOH several times in a row it would put a big target on their back. As soon as they lost an HOH challenge there could be a good possibility they get targeted for eviction.

Like I said, IF this information is true we would definitely have some different dynamics going on in that house which is good for all of us! The crazier the better. :)

Edited to correct spelling.

Guest 6Borders

I'm thinking maybe, just maybe, BB allowed the twist releases a tad earlier than usual (it's actually one about an extra week) due to Glass House. They want to hype up the show ASAP and get the feeds-buying frenzy going.

I would have much rather seen the HOH thing go the other way and you could only get it once or could only compete every 3rd time...something like that. Being able to compete every time for HOH just pretty much assures a strong alliance and/or Grodner fav the HOH room domination and more control over the game, making it more one-sided (remember when Jani practically spent the whole season up there).

It's the strong alliances that keep the people watching the live feeds (and the show) coming back for more. It's also to keep up with the crazy people in the house but I repeat myself. :lol:

IMO if they wanted to release the info early they would have used a reliable source that many people on the internet know & trust. That way the BB fanatics would believe it. Either way it's something we can chew on until better information comes along. :)

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name