BB 14 excitement level, 1-10

TwinCity

What is your bb excitement level for bb14?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What is your bb excitement level for bb14?

2. 2. What are you most excited to hear info about?

• Cast
    • House design/theme
    • Twist
    • Live Feed
    • BBAD
    • Other

Guest 6Borders

Cracks me up that Grodner was stressing not rigging the game...what's she supposed to say..."well, yes we do manipulate it to an extent based on what the fans want and we strongly suggest to the HG's in the DR how voting a certain way might be in their best interests....!!!" LMAO!!! B)

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if we have a repeat of last season with "potential" returning hg my level will be a one

i cant even get worked up like i thought i would for the hg reveal :animated_bouncy:

You know.. I really hope that we're all wrong. People are going on and on about this rumor like it's fact, and I would be so, so, so happy if we were all waaaaaaay off base.

Guest 6Borders

Casper, I hope you are correct. If we are all wrong I'm buying champagne for everyone here at Morty's!!!

I just watched the live program with Spicey and Dani. They were trying to connect with Rachel on Skype but she was only on there for a couple of minutes. Spicey claimed that Rachel was calling them on an international line and that she's currently in Costa Rica. Spicey made the statement that due to Rachel being out of the country she won't be on BB. Take that with a grain of salt, folks.

Dani did great with the interview. Even though they were having a difficult time with the phones a few people were still able to ask her questions. You can watch the replay on SuperPass. :)

Guest 6Borders

Thanks for the updates Moxie. I think the "Rachel out of the country" thing is a BB red-haired-extension herring because even most of the fans who like Rachel don't want to see her come back so Grodner is trying to make sure those feeds and BBAD's are purchased before she springs Rachel on the (un)suspecting and brings her back into the game.

I am not expecting Rachel to be one of these "mentors". I would be surprised if they let her come in the house for media day and still come back in the house for the game. Dani said she didn't see BB having the same HG on three years in a row and I agree. However, if they do end up having mentors, I think it may be people we don't suspect.

One of the callers on the live show stated a "friend" of hers works with Boogie and he's taken off some time at work. I put little credit in this type of rumor. I know how much people like to make up stories to inject themselves into the conversation. "My friend said" or "a relative of mine", etc... It's all kinda silly to me especially once you discover they were just blowing smoke out their you-know-what, rofl

Guest 6Borders

I would not be surprised at anything "no rules Grodner" does to get her kids back in the house and shove them down our throats, save $$ (which go into her deep pocket) promote her big (flop) twists) and everyone still watches cos it's Big Brother!! If the mentor thing is true those people will be paid CBS employees and not actually there with a chance at winning the game, so it would not matter that Rachel had been in the house already.

I dont think it would be fair to the new HGs to have Rachel as a mentor. It's like being picked for the losing team. Rach is right when she says they will be a target from day one. She might be a nice person, but she has severe meltdowns with any type of competition. She is hard to watch in almost all situations. Do not want to see her in the house at all. Maybe for a comp--Might be able to take it for one show. But, I can't say I will not watch..It's still BB.

I think Rachel is an easy person for people to hate. If you have a loud laugh and a loud voice with an inability to use an inside voice, most fans almost from the word go are going to dislike you. Add in a natural tendency to cry when you are upset about something, and more fans are going to dislike you, add in what seems like a superficial, ultra "girly" persona whose into makeup, sprinkles, sequins etc, and even more will dislike you, add in an element of "trashy" and those who were still in your corner walked out the door. Rachel unfortunately has all of that going for her.

But Rachel is much more than that. True Rachel fans, love how open and vulnerable she is. There is no subterfuge with her, what you see is pretty much what you get. You see her every emotion, she is a terrible liar, and she puts her heart into everything she does (whether that is a smart idea or not). When the chips are down, she pulls through. On the skills of life, she somehow has "lame BB contests" as one of her defining skills. She has overcome incredible odds many times on both her seasons, and thus she makes a perfect "love to hate, and hate to love" house guest.

I am glad she got to come back for a second season, she got to redeem herself, against many of her critics from the first season. But it is time for her to move on.

On a psychological level, no person should go through the BB experience 3 years running. The intense stress, and pressure cooker environment demands a lot from house guests emotionally. We all like to poke at the house guests and hate on or love on the people that we love, and we ALL find some people annoying, but the fact of the matter is most if not all of the house guests have talked about how stressful and emotionally draining the experience is, to be stripped of all the comforts of home, the support of your friends and family, and the ability to have any degree of privacy. Then you add the added element of having to live with people whom either don't like you or out right hate you, and are determined to make your stay in the house utterly miserable, deprived of sleep (people complain about the lights in the BB house / people walking behind the walls preventing sleep/never mind the house guests whichs snore), food to eat (I am a bigger girl, I wouldn't survive more than 2 minutes on slop without wanting to kill someone) ... and then you are finally released from that, and walk out into the real world, where you get to read all the mean and nasty things people said about you.

Think for a minute about cyber-bullying and the effect that has on a lot of people. Think about what feeling hated by people and reading mean stuff about yourself on the internet would do to you. Think about how, if you acted in a way outside your normal character in the house you would feel embarrassed, and how those things might make it hard for you to get a job (as you no doubt lost your old job to take 3 months off to be on BB), and you start to understand why the BB experience while it has many positive aspects has quite a lot of negative drawbacks/consequences.

And I just don't think it would be healthy for anyone to go through that. Not a third time.

I think Rachel is an easy person for people to hate. If you have a loud laugh and a loud voice with an inability to use an inside voice, most fans almost from the word go are going to dislike you. Add in a natural tendency to cry when you are upset about something, and more fans are going to dislike you, add in what seems like a superficial, ultra "girly" persona whose into makeup, sprinkles, sequins etc, and even more will dislike you, add in an element of "trashy" and those who were still in your corner walked out the door. Rachel unfortunately has all of that going for her.

But Rachel is much more than that. True Rachel fans, love how open and vulnerable she is. There is no subterfuge with her, what you see is pretty much what you get. You see her every emotion, she is a terrible liar, and she puts her heart into everything she does (whether that is a smart idea or not). When the chips are down, she pulls through. On the skills of life, she somehow has "lame BB contests" as one of her defining skills. She has overcome incredible odds many times on both her seasons, and thus she makes a perfect "love to hate, and hate to love" house guest.

I am glad she got to come back for a second season, she got to redeem herself, against many of her critics from the first season. But it is time for her to move on.

On a psychological level, no person should go through the BB experience 3 years running. The intense stress, and pressure cooker environment demands a lot from house guests emotionally. We all like to poke at the house guests and hate on or love on the people that we love, and we ALL find some people annoying, but the fact of the matter is most if not all of the house guests have talked about how stressful and emotionally draining the experience is, to be stripped of all the comforts of home, the support of your friends and family, and the ability to have any degree of privacy. Then you add the added element of having to live with people whom either don't like you or out right hate you, and are determined to make your stay in the house utterly miserable, deprived of sleep (people complain about the lights in the BB house / people walking behind the walls preventing sleep/never mind the house guests whichs snore), food to eat (I am a bigger girl, I wouldn't survive more than 2 minutes on slop without wanting to kill someone) ... and then you are finally released from that, and walk out into the real world, where you get to read all the mean and nasty things people said about you.

Think for a minute about cyber-bullying and the effect that has on a lot of people. Think about what feeling hated by people and reading mean stuff about yourself on the internet would do to you. Think about how, if you acted in a way outside your normal character in the house you would feel embarrassed, and how those things might make it hard for you to get a job (as you no doubt lost your old job to take 3 months off to be on BB), and you start to understand why the BB experience while it has many positive aspects has quite a lot of negative drawbacks/consequences.

And I just don't think it would be healthy for anyone to go through that. Not a third time.

This is one of the best analysis I have read on the subject. Including the characterization of Rachel. Just percise all the way around.

Guest 6Borders

People need to lay off Rachel...if she is the houseguest you hate most about Big Brother, then you need to just step away from your tv this year and watch the reruns...

There were WAY worse house guests than her in past seasons.

Rachel is not the HG I most disliked on Big Brother. There are lots of them who were just as or more annoying that Rachel (Ivette comes to mind), however I only had to endure most of them for ONE season. I thought Evel Dick was hilarious but I didn't want to see him again on BB.

Sure, I can step away from my TV and do something else, and probably will this season if Rachel, Boogie and ?? are back, which is exactly the point...love them or hate them, I want to see new people, not keep having Rachel, Jessie, etc shoved down my throat season after season.

As for picking on Rachel, she sets herself up for it and Grodner keeps bringing her back and Rachel keeps coming back so if she gets upset that mean things are said about her then it's time for HER to step away from the TV and go watch reruns of herself where she's in a positive light.

Hi,

I am catching up on what I have missed for the last week. I live in Colorado Springs and last week was the worst week ever! Now that things have calmed down I can try to get excited about big brother again but maybe not if the rumors are true. Seriously no returning players even if I like them. What is up with the mentoring thing? Really I am a little confused but I did see the ad so who knows.

Guest 6Borders

Welcome back Janis! I hope you are all safe out there!

We really don't know anything concrete (well, maybe some do) so there is A LOT of speculation. I think many to a lot of people DO NOT want returning players but it's Grodner's easy way out so we are almost sure to see them.

Promo of few hg

:animated_bouncy:

check "when are hg announced" thread for pics of some of new hg that i posted :animated_bouncy:

Big Brother 14 Commercial Featuring New Cast

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOaNAidZOFY

:animated_bouncy:

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name