I watched for a little while and thought it was different and I'll continue to watch as long as it doesn't get in the way of BB. Honestly it just made me want BB more.

The Glass House Constructive Criticism:

1. Started show online before it aired on tv.

2. Livestreams not archived on site; no VOD under View & Vote; have to go to 3rd party sites to watch it.

3. This "Oracle" voice is way too robotic; without emotion and is disconcerning. Synthesizing the voice=bad.

4. Hour Livestreams are filled with games; mini shows instead of peek-in live feeds.

5. Tues.-Thur. streams are too short; 1 hour not enough and during most people's work hours.

6. Viewers need more info. floor plan of house, city & state of location (lay of the land) etc.

7. Most viewers are Big Brother viewers expecting more (longer feeds, peek-in feeds, etc.).

The great thing about Big Brother is that you get to experience it, not just watch the show. You get to be the houseguest who never leaves, 24/7 for 80 days. It's how you get to know the players...true peek-in live feeds (free or not). I feel w/o this benefit and with that cold robotic un-human voice the show may not last too long. Especially once Big Brother and The Olympics get going.

I'm going to give this show a chance, I acknowledge that this will probably leave me wanting BB to be here sooner.

Guest 6Borders

Hmmmmm...Is this me or a coincidence: Glass House premieres tonite and I am seeing ad's for the old movie "The Glass House" (w/Alan Alda) at the same time!!!

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing this show...already got it set up to tape!!!

yes i have it set to record and i will be watching the stream tonight ....... seems like a great thing since BB is not on yet...........

Guest 6Borders

That's why CBS is fighting so hard...Glass House has a good few weeks to impress us before BB hits the airwaves.

Sounds a little like the original version of BB where the fans got to vote. I like the idea of the viewers being able to talk to the players...that might prove interesting.

As long as Rachel does not drag Brendon onto this show I might watch...lol!!

Rachel ???Brendon??????NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! (running away screaming in horror)

For the first time ever I did not watch the last Amazing Race because they put that idiot redhead on it.

Really really liked the premiere! It is no BB by any means I don't think it could live up to that kind of greatness. However, it was a lot better then I thought it would be! The cast first of all looked very boring and dull on first glance, however I thought they were really good.

My favorite has to be Jeffery so far!

EW review gave the premiere a strong thumb's down. I'm still looking forward to it!

Does being a jacka** make one a super villain? or just a jacka** ? :ph34r:

First Impression: ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

To paraphrase doucebag, I mean Alex, This is going to be a boring, boring, boring show.

2nd impression: Cringeworthy, I think this must be what my husband thinks of Big Brother.

Wasn't even tempted to go vote after the show--Have no doubt Alex will get the axe by America. Already have a quitter. Too much America's vote stuff--Overkill. Just have us vote on important things, Food, Sleeping, evictions. Once a week only. Don't like the computer voice thing. But.............with that said, will prob watch since only once a week-- Hurry up BB ! ! !

Bunch of try-hards failing.

Can just see their pep talks via the director...

be over the top!

be overly sensitive!

make exaggerated faces!

be a big bad guy!

A whole new level of cliche' reality tv losers.

Go get a real job.

It speaks volumes to me that there is little to no activity on Morty's around this premiere episode.

Maybe ABC can squash the lawsuit by showing that it is nothing like BB cause they can't even get traction on a BB board.

Another difference to BB: ABC is not really attempting th hide that players are getting details about the lawsuit. Someone said something to the effect..."they are trying to keep us off the air".

But one similarity that I expect: Producers Choice will trump America's Vote. Allison Grodner's' mutineers will not allow Alex's early departure...he is the weakest of "super villains" to appear on a reality show but he is all this Glass House has going for it. His superpowers are ability to manufacture artificial drama and Transparency. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Guest 6Borders

I liked it even tho it was a little confusing and disjointed. Other than a bunch of people living in a house with cameras and mic's it's not big brother so I don't know what the heck cbs is yapping about...lots of reality shows have a bunch of people living in a house with cam/mic's

One problem the GHG's need to work on is they are NOT on big brother. I'm still a little confused about the voting...the GHG's were talking about how they would vote and I thought America voted on everything.

It was really late by the time I watched it so I will watch again when I am not so tired.

Didn't really like it...agree was "disjointed"..hated the entrance of the hg's...did not really get to start to know them at all because of the robotic voice and all of the plasma screen voting stuff....lots of which were so trivial..Julie Chen has nothing to fear lol!! already have a quitter, (Jacob?)...so is the self-acclaimed resident villian Alex automatically let back in?? BB has the concept down pat...no need to worry about this show competing with BB..I just cannot see myself invested in this show..may watch until BB comes on...but really...how can we become invested in one hour broadcast a week?

I will watch it only because Kevin is from where I live, so I'll probably watch the show until he gets the boot. Then I'll have Big Brother the rest of the season. All in all, it was okay, it wasn't really anything spectacular though, and it definitely does not compare to Big Brother. Big Brother is a well oiled machine, Glass House is like a calf that has just been birthed and is struggling to find its legs.

Also, Alex is a dillhole.

from what I understand it's up to America to vote Alex back in, or tell him gtfo. Chances are he'll be let in to keep the 'excitement' going. I'd rather have boa man creating excitement.

I finally got to watch it this evening. I don't think ABC did a very good job explaining how the show works to the viewers. We were not given any info regarding the voting process and just had to learn as they were showing them vote and I still don't understand the stone thingy they used to place their vote.

Anyway, I don't see anything CBS needs to be worried about here. Seeing the show only once a week you can't get very invested in the participants. If I had to pick favorites I'd choose Joy and Kevin. Joy is a little spitfire and Kevin is easy on the eyes with a real good attitude. Alex is a complete waste of time. He doesn't have the first clue how to be a great reality show villain.

I liked the show so far, I see no similarities, don't know why CBS had their panties in a bunch, so they live in a house and are competing for money.. MTV, VH1 and many other networks had shows like that also. Its just another competition reality show. ABC is basically providing what CBS wont, COMPLETE CONTROL. so in essence its totally different.

If we had the chance to completely control a season of BB, OMG that would equate to a biblical event.

I finally got to watch it this evening. I don't think ABC did a very good job explaining how the show works to the viewers. We were not given any info regarding the voting process and just had to learn as they were showing them vote and I still don't understand the stone thingy they used to place their vote.

Anyway, I don't see anything CBS needs to be worried about here. Seeing the show only once a week you can't get very invested in the participants. If I had to pick favorites I'd choose Joy and Kevin. Joy is a little spitfire and Kevin is easy on the eyes with a real good attitude. Alex is a complete waste of time. He doesn't have the first clue how to be a great reality show villain.

"Those who live in Glass Houses should not cast Stones... "

I think that's why they cast their votes with stones.

I thought that was pretty clever..

CBS may have lost the legal battle (for now), but it's won the ratings war.

ABC's Big Brother-like new series The Glass House opened to a soft 4.18 million viewers and a 1.6 in the adults 18-to-49 demographic Monday, down 33 percent from last year's premiere of Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition in the slot. In comparison, Big Brother averaged 7 million viewers and a 3.2 last summer.

I watched the debut, and my opinion is that it was produced by a group of people that pitched their ideas to the BB producers, had them shot down, collected all those ideas and made their own low-budget Big Brother.

For a house that's made of glass, I felt claustrophobic while watching it, everything was too small, like the hot-tub that couldn't even hold everyone for a very lame "pool party."

There were some nice production values, like the voting, the limbo deal were they sink into the floor, and the puzzle board in the first competition.

I noticed twice where when the houseguests were referring to the female voice that directs them, their mouths looked like they were about to call her "Big Brother."

The most important flaw in the show is that they failed to set us up with profiles and backgrounds on the HGs. I kept watching wondering, "Who are these people? Why should I care?".

Maybe my lack of interest was because I didn't participate in any of the on-line stuff. But I admit, I rarely voted in any of the Big Brother America's Choice polls either.

Glass House did present an impressive array of female breasts that were just about to burst out of tiny bikinis. The guys seemed pretty much average. I always try to pick a military person to root for (I rooted for the helicopter pilot on Amazing Race, even though he was a bit a d-bag towards his wife). In the Glass House, there's a cop (Kevin), but I don't think he's ever seen a reality TV show and will have to loosen up, or maybe I'm thinking of the old guy, (Mike), they look similar, and as I said, I don't know who these people are...

I think Glass House will go the way of ABC's rip-off of Amazing Race: Expedition Extreme.

I may watch a couple more before BB starts. I hope BB watches and steals a few new ideas. The BB producers have gotten lazy and need to step up the creativity.

Guest 6Borders

I'm definitely going to give it the season. I really want to see what they plan to do with it and if it goes uphill from here.

I have a feeling that the producers are just going to "wing it" as the show goes along,that they have back-ups and different things they will put in or change based on what the viewers are saying. I predict that the oracle voice will soon be gone as it's almost a 100% that the viewers hate it based on the chatter I've seen. Hopefully that's an easy fix.

Like Morty, I rarely voted in any of the BB stuff (mostly because I felt Grodner was going to do what she wanted anyway, ie: I seriously DOUBT the viewers voted to put Brendon back in the house).