75 replies to this topic

#1 morty

morty

(Well, You Know....)

• Admin
  • Pip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:03 AM

ABC announced today it will air its own summer competition, The Glass House, that sounds a lot like Big Brother Season 1. The winner of The Glass House will get $250,000 (and I thought BB was cut-rate for not making the prize a million).

The Glass House will start production in late May and premiere Monday, June 18 at 10PM following The Bachelorette, and will run through August 20th. Like Big Brother, 14 contestants will live in a house monitored by cameras that observe their every move.

As in Season 1 of Big Brother, the viewers will vote to evict the houseguest. There won't be 24/7 feeds like Big Brother, but there will be occasional online live streams from inside the house and viewers will have a chance to influence who stays, who gets a chance to come back, what games they play, what the contestants wear, where they sleep, etc.

I've read that The Glass House is being produced by a former Big Brother producer, but I didn't see any mention of a name. I doubt former BB producer Arnold Shapiro is behind it, and if anyone finds out who is producing, I'd be interested to know.

This isn't the first time ABC tried to mimic a CBS hit, anyone remember Expedition Impossible last summer?

Update: Kenny Rosen, whose credits include Big Brother and Hell's Kitchen, will executive produce for Keep Calm and Carry On Prods., an in-house company that is also producing Duets.

#2 Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,820 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:57 PM

here's a possible pic click here

#3 CeCiMom

CeCiMom

Forum Moderator

• 8,579 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:50 AM

:animated_scratchchin:

Just saw this new forum and thought I'd open a thread to get things started...

What you'all think???

#4 JEDI

JEDI

Forum Moderator

• 12,711 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:04 AM

Looking forward to it.
(And to seeing more information forthcoming from ABC, with some details.)

#5 morty

morty

(Well, You Know....)

• Admin
  • Pip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:52 PM

From NY Times:
"Viewers will not only vote who gets to stay in the house, they will make some of the decisions on matters like what the contestants wear, what they eat and where they sleep.

Don't get too carried away: Viewers don't get to say things like, "Okay, now put your hand there" or "Punch him in the face."

But a large part of the contestants' success will depend on how well they endear themselves to the voting audience, and there will be continuing real-time interaction between players and fans.

While the show will be broadcast for just an hour a week, there will be several live online feeds at other times, when viewers can talk with the players and offer encouragement, criticism or suggestions.

As with some other reality shows, eliminated contestants can earn a chance to return."

#6 WickedOne

WickedOne

• Pip
  • 9,019 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:16 PM

:inquisitive:

#7 6Borders

6Borders

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:29 PM

Sounds a little like the original version of BB where the fans got to vote. I like the idea of the viewers being able to talk to the players...that might prove interesting.

As long as Rachel does not drag Brendon onto this show I might watch...lol!!

#8 6Borders

6Borders

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:33 PM

Kind of a combination of Big Brother and The Sims!!!!

#9 morty

morty

(Well, You Know....)

• Admin
  • Pip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:31 AM

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yZNcFkYUxI"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=0yZNcFkYUxI[/url]

First Promo for ABC's New Reality Series 'The Glass House'

ABC is moving forward with its plan to launch "The Glass House" despite the copycat lawsuit filed by CBS. The Alphabet recently debuted the first promo for the new reality series, which will follow the contestants living and competing for the grand prize in a totally wired, state-of-the-art house.

Viewers not only see everything that happens in the house, but they also can vote to help determine which contestants are sent home and which eliminated players will get a chance to return to the show. Moreover, audience can vote to decide what the players wear and eat, what games they play, and even where they sleep.

"Glass House" is set to premiere Monday, June 18 at 10/9c.

Due to its similarities to "Big Brother", CBS has filed a lawsuit against ABC, accusing it of ripping the hit reality series. However, the Alphabet insisted, "The differences between Glass House and Big Brother are both fundamental and obvious, ranging from Glass House's interactive elements and audience participation to its deployment of cutting edge technologies."

#10 Pepsi

Pepsi

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:10 PM

Hello ...... Im looking forward to this ...... as well as getting to know you better along the way ..... All The Best from An Old Bag In Canada

#11 jenw_72

jenw_72

• Pip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:17 PM

Hi pepsi.... I am very excited to watch this.Looks interesting

#12 fredtheturtle

fredtheturtle

• Pip
  • 272 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:23 PM

I can't wait either. It will fill in until Big Brother starts. It's 10 episodes right...

#13 Moxie

Moxie

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 1,723 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:05 AM

This does sound interesting. I wonder how much they are going to charge for live feeds and why are they only doing that for short periods? I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out. From the view in the pic Dade posted, it's pretty certain the house isn't in southern California! lol It looks pretty darn cool sitting in the midst of that snow.

#14 Camper

Camper

• Pip
  • 598 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:53 AM

:inquisitive:

How many episodes will air for The Glass House?
Ten episodes will air as part of season 1.

What would be the point of a "glass house" if not in a public area?

Viewing time Mondays (prime time - Pacific)... Tues-Fri (12pm Pacific) What demographic is available at 12pm? Certainly not people that work...

Live feed times - Subscription based?

No outside time? (pool, sauna, garden, chicken coup...lol)

I am not getting this yet...

#15 morty

morty

(Well, You Know....)

• Admin
  • Pip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:21 PM

I'm pretty sure the picture was just an iconic representation. There is so much that needs to be there that couldn't be if the house was really clear. There's plumbing, miles of wire, and air conditioning. You should the a/c plant for the BB sound stage, it's like a tractor trailer with huge flexible ducts, it's detached so the sound isn't picked up by the mics. But I might be revealing trade secrets...

#16 Iris

Iris

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:56 AM

Definitely looking forward to this. I hope the feeds are free this time like they were for the first season of BB, especially since they won't be 24/7.

#17 Lyn

Lyn

• Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:05 PM

I too am looking forward to watching this new reality show. :animated_bouncy:

Here's ABC's home page to, Glass House, and answers to most of your questions:

http://beta.abc.go.c...am-announcement

#18 Iris

Iris

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:42 AM

I too am looking forward to watching this new reality show. :animated_bouncy:

Here's ABC's home page to, Glass House, and answers to most of your questions:

http://beta.abc.go.c...am-announcement

Great link!

#19 BigBrotherGame

BigBrotherGame

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:36 AM

For 'The Glass House' news check out my blog at:

http://bigbrothergam...he-glass-house/

i'll be posting daily updates soon after the premiere.

#20 BigBroFanTX

BigBroFanTX

• Pip
  • 380 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:15 PM

http://www.realityna...ss-house-36965/

Just in case some want to see inside the Glass House--Looks pretty nice, but flashy. Can just imagine what all that glass will look like if they are a bunch of slobs. I didn't see it posted, sorry if a repeat.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Live Voting 6/9, Live Streaming 6/10, Discussion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users