Kaysar will be on Young and Restless

Guest JanInBama

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that we are a little removed from the ending and hopefully gained some perspective, what do you all think of Maggie's 'strategy.'

1. Do you think she even had a strategy?

2. If she had one, did she develop late, or come in with it?

3. Or, did she from the beginning know that developing a close circle, then offering them up as sacrificial sheeps to take the fall, and obscure her as a target was the way to go?

Okay everyone gather in a circle...and discuss! B)

Now that we are a little removed from the ending and hopefully gained some perspective, what do you all think of Maggie's 'strategy.'

3. Or, did she from the beginning know that developing a close circle, then offering them up as sacrificial sheeps to take the fall, and obscure her as a target was the way to go?

I think she knew all along how to brainwash the weak..Maggot had a way of looking so completely innocent when behind the scenes she was pulling the strings and instigating all the drama ..especially the Janelle bashing...i can't blame her for being jealous of Janie...next to Janie ...Maggie looks like a man..the biggest mistake the SOV did is not getting rid of her before Eric (crappy)...Maggie was so "moral" and yet she was hiding Janelle's underwear and ripping them up....and she was obviously so dense she didn't know she was being recorded 24/7...what a biotch! :rolleyes:

I don't think that Maggie actually had a strategy.

She is obtuse and simply got lucky!

The only glimmer of light that I see in her eyes is from the headlights she is so often caught in!

I think she knew all along how to brainwash the weak..Maggot had a way of looking so completely innocent when behind the scenes she was pulling the strings and instigating all the drama ..especially the Janelle bashing...i can't blame her for being jealous of Janie...next to Janie ...Maggie looks like a man..the biggest mistake the SOV did is not getting rid of her before Eric (crappy)...Maggie was so "moral" and yet she was hiding Janelle's underwear and ripping them up....and she was obviously so dense she didn't know she was being recorded 24/7...what a biotch! :rolleyes:

I personally agree with your opinion. I think she was manipulative and knew exactly what she was doing. She then manuvered her friends to the forefront to take the heat and prolong her time in game. It actually was a good strategy - I just hated how self righteous she was about the whole thing. Why else would Ivette say that Maggie 'broke her heart.' She saw the footage, and then woke up and smelled the coffee burning BABY! B)

You guys sometimes think its me keeping posts going but if you stop and look for a second you see its always the Kaysarbangers who just wont let it go.

Even still.. if its worth discussing then its worth discussing.

Personally, I keep waiting to see these great careers and so far I see very shallow activities like 'Bye Bye Bitches' T-shirts.

Thats not funny.. that was a low moment.

Even still.. its a low moment that supposedly should be forgotten about after the show.

Kaysar got a sort of 'cameo' walkon type appearance on a Soap series but I suggest he really shot himself in the foot with his vindictive 'holier-than-thou' attitude and now I doubt we here anything being offered to him.

I can see him in Amazing Race: BB Allstars but by then even the KaysarKulties have long since moved on.

(This is from the other thread, but I wanted to talk more about Kaysar's star potential so I moved it here.)

Well Kaysar's no different from other reality 'stars' like Romber or Omarosa in that they are popular and famous just for being themselves. And the vast majority don't seem to have been able to find the vehicle to translate their likeability or notoriety into a second equally-famous gig (with the exception of Elizabeth from Survivor 3?). That doesn't mean it can't be done.

What's extra-interesting about Kaysar is that he's like the only Iraqi-American many of us have been exposed to (either in the media or in real-life). Because apparently there is an Iraqi character on Lost, but the actor who plays him is really Indian (?) And Kaysar was so likeable he beat out a fire-fighter in a popularity contest by a 5:1 margin. That makes him very unique. And aren't people kind of hungry to see more of what he represents - I mean, yes he's charming, and yes he's handsome, and he's not perfect, but as an Iraqi-American who admits to being caught between two worlds (Iraq and America), he's kind of the face of the future. He's what Iraqi's could look like in 50 years, if the US and Iraq are able to foster a positive ongoing partnership - both modern yet tied to his traditions.

I don't know where exactly he could fit into American pop culture, but I think there's more space for him to fill than most other reality show contestants. And apparently that's what we all like in movie stars - they supposedly represent certain ideals and aspirations of us everyday folk. Like Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston were supposed to be the ideal romantic couple (whoops!), Angelina or Pam Anderson are the ultimate sexy babes, Clint Eastwood is the strong-silent hero, P. Diddy and J.Lo are the personifications of the American Dream, Meg Ryan and Julia Roberts are the girls next door . . .

Quote from Samthetvwatchingcat

What's extra-interesting about Kaysar is that he's like the only Iraqi-American many of us have been exposed to (either in the media or in real-life). Because apparently there is an Iraqi character on Lost, but the actor who plays him is really Indian (?) And Kaysar was so likeable he beat out a fire-fighter in a popularity contest by a 5:1 margin.

You know Sam, I don't think there is enough mention of this. In today's enviroment for Kaysar to pull this off is impressive. Not only that, It gives me hope in our country that we can see past stereotypes to who is TRULY the better person beneath. Thanks for mentioning this! B)

Quote from Samthetvwatchingcat

What's extra-interesting about Kaysar is that he's like the only Iraqi-American many of us have been exposed to (either in the media or in real-life). Because apparently there is an Iraqi character on Lost, but the actor who plays him is really Indian (?) And Kaysar was so likeable he beat out a fire-fighter in a popularity contest by a 5:1 margin.

You know Sam, I don't think there is enough mention of this. In today's enviroment for Kaysar to pull this off is impressive. Not only that, It gives me hope in our country that we can see past stereotypes to who is TRULY the better person beneath. Thanks for mentioning this! B)

Of course that's not to say that just because somebody does not like Kaysar means they are unable to see past stereotypes. And also that 5:1 margin thing wasn't intended to be used as cold-hard fact since we don't know how CBS accounted for multi-voting.

But it's too bad about Eric wasn't true to the firefighter stereotype because that's a positive one :(

Say it would have been Ivette, Hoiw & Janell final threee and Janelle won HOH. THere is NO POSSIBLE WAY that she would have been able to win aganist Howie in the final two but I think she would have picked him anywa. NO way would she have thrown a game and trusted that Ivette take her.

Say it would have been Ivette, Hoiw & Janell final threee and Janelle won HOH. THere is NO POSSIBLE WAY that she would have been able to win aganist Howie in the final two but I think she would have picked him anywa. NO way would she have thrown a game and trusted that Ivette take her.

I agree that Janelle would certainly not have trusted Ivette. However, I think Janelle was there to win the game (and there is nothing wrong with that) and she would have taken whoever gave her the best chance of winning - and if that was Ivette that is who she would have taken.

However, in that scenario I certainly don't think Howie would have held it against her. He would have called it - 'being strategic!' :lol:

I agree that Janelle would certainly not have trusted Ivette. However, I think Janelle was there to win the game (and there is nothing wrong with that) and she would have taken whoever gave her the best chance of winning - and if that was Ivette that is who she would have taken.

However, in that scenario I certainly don't think Howie would have held it against her. He would have called it - 'being strategic!' :lol:

True, except Howie would've said it was "being strategical." :lol:

She wouldn't of won either way. The Friendship would of stayed strong, since that whole ordeal with April and Ivette wouldn't of occured. Jennifer, Maggie and of course Beau would have Ivette's back. James would probably base his vote on the answers to the questions the jury gave.

She wouldn't of won either way. The Friendship would of stayed strong, since that whole ordeal with April and Ivette wouldn't of occured. Jennifer, Maggie and of course Beau would have Ivette's back. James would probably base his vote on the answers to the questions the jury gave.

You're right. The numbers would have certainly been against her. Maybe if she had taken Howie in our little scenario she might have stood a better chance. After all, as far as the friendship was concerned it might have been a toss up between the two of them.

You're right. The numbers would have certainly been against her. Maybe if she had taken Howie in our little scenario she might have stood a better chance. After all, as far as the friendship was concerned it might have been a toss up between the two of them.

If you mean if Janie and Howie were the final two, I don't think it would have been a tossup. April, Jennifer, Rachel and Ivette would of voted for Howie. James, without a doubt would have voted for Janelle. Beau and Maggie's votes wouldn't of mattered, but Beau probably wouldn't go with Janelle, considering their little scuffles.

If you mean if Janie and Howie were the final two, I don't think it would have been a tossup. April, Jennifer, Rachel and Ivette would of voted for Howie. James, without a doubt would have voted for Janelle. Beau and Maggie's votes wouldn't of mattered, but Beau probably wouldn't go with Janelle, considering their little scuffles.

I'm not so sure. Don't you think April might have held some kind of grudge against Howie for all the Busto comments?

The reason why I say nothing is a sure thing is because how Janelle gained respect for Ivette at the end and voted for her. If you hadn't watched that last show you would probably have thought for sure that Janelle would never have voted for Ivette. I just think that there would be one or two votes that would 'swing' counter to what you would think. However, no matter what the scenario I think it would have been a long shot for Janelle.

I'm not so sure. Don't you think April might have held some kind of grudge against Howie for all the Busto comments?

The reason why I say nothing is a sure thing is because how Janelle gained respect for Ivette at the end and voted for her. If you hadn't watched that last show you would probably have thought for sure that Janelle would never have voted for Ivette. I just think that there would be one or two votes that would 'swing' counter to what you would think. However, no matter what the scenario I think it would have been a long shot for Janelle.

Well Janelle also busted heads with April. So I guess as the show progressed whomever made a strong impact after. As for Ivette. She is hard-headed. I don't think she would have ever voted for Janelle.

Don't know if you guys remember, the friendship made a pact...They said no matter what, if Howie was in final two, they would never vote for him because of what he did to April. So I think Janelle would have gotten all the friendship votes.

April said she accepted his apology, but the friendship would not give him "the money".

Peace

Friendships pact could have been BS.

If Janelle would have been in the final two with Ivette Janelle would have def had James Howie & Racheal.

What I was saying was if Ivette woul dhave evited Aprial instead of HOwie- then of course April wouldn't have voted for Ivette & Janell would have won.

Anyway I was just saying Janelle would have took Howie to the final two even if she knew she'd probably lose.

Friendships pact could have been BS.

If Janelle would have been in the final two with Ivette Janelle would have def had James Howie & Racheal.

What I was saying was if Ivette woul dhave evited Aprial instead of HOwie- then of course April wouldn't have voted for Ivette & Janell would have won.

Anyway I was just saying Janelle would have took Howie to the final two even if she knew she'd probably lose.

Hate to disagree with ya!! Every pact the frienship EVER made...they kept!!! This would not be any different. Hate to give those guys props...but they sure deserve them. Howie and James screwed up the SOV...messed up Janelle's chance of winning.

anywhoooo.....bb is over..guess I must get over it

Peace

Archived