Sign in to follow this  
meandmysis

Why I Won't Be Watching

I have loved TAR since the very first show, never missed an episode. Tonight I thought I would give this version one more chance. Sorry, its like TAR does Disney World, would be much better suited for the Disney channel. Best wishes to those of you who continue to watch. Hopefully the next season will be back to the old style.

Okay, wasn't sure if it was just me or what but tonight was very boring. Guess this show is more than just the race - they really need to bring back the exotic locales and customs, the plane trips, and the diversity (like having seniors, wrestlers, dwarfs, ex-reality show contestants, gay couples, minorities . . . ). Too slow and too bland perhaps (?)

Guest ranster627

On a positive note for me personally, I hate this season so much that I may have been permanently cured of watching this show and may not even try next season!

I agree that the show was boring last night. blah. Even though the Paolo family annoy the heck out of me, I was glad they were there because at least their bickering was something exciting...well, not sure if exciting is the right word...hope you understand what I mean. I kept hoping they would run out of gas...haha.

The little boy in the Gaghan family didn't annoy me as much this show, but I'm still hoping they'll be eliminated soon.

And I'm really, really missing the flying and traveling outside the US. That's what's making the show boring for me, not that there were a couple families with little kids.

Guest ranster627

Hard to argue with common sense Mo, but there is also the ole if it ain't broke don't fix it counterpoint.

I will say something positive though, I am enjoying the travel around the states and the peek into history ... I thought the Civil War re-enactment was cool and would even like to see it myself ... so if I remove the families from the show, I like it ...!!!! I do think they should have run this one in the summer when kids were home to watch though ...

I will say something positive though, I am enjoying the travel around the states and the peek into history ...

:lol::lol:

Sorry, had to quote this so I can mark it forever! SOMEONE was complaining in my ear about this very show today... They had to help me with the recap... :D

I don't mind the family Show, but it sure is a challenge to write. :huh:

Guest ranster627

I was just throwing them a bone Jem ... lol!!! You forgot to quote where I said to remove the families ...

I was just throwing them a bone Jem ... lol!!! You forgot to quote where I said to remove the families ...
NO NO NO!

I just wanted the "positive" part.

:P

The only reason im actively watching it is because the gang from University gets together (about 15 of us) and we watch the Race. We did that the first year of residence, and since we're all living in different parts of the city, we get together on Tuesday nights to re-live some of the magic.

But I know for sure that if I saw this TAR8 alone (like I did from Season 2-5 back home), I wouldn't be very interested...

Although i think this season is not the best i am still enjoying it and look forward to watching it.

I have been an AR fan since season 1. I think they were just trying something new and it is not a hit with a lot of people but i still find in entertaining.

well this is my first AR, so maybe thats why im not a hater like others cause i dont have such super high expectations as to what it should be

Thats what i think.The families with small children prolly wont last long.And I dont know why you guys are putting it down before it even starts.It may just end up being one of the best seasons yet.I will always watch it no matter how boring it may be..Just like I have with bigbrother this yr and its boring the crap out of me...:rofl

On the other hand, if the Gaghan family finishes last in a non-elimination week, the cute little girl becomes an advantage. Just dirty her face up a little bit and send her out begging----- who could say no??? :lol::lol::lol:

Guest ranster627

I have to take it back, tonight's show was the best of the season! :P

Ha ha you're ahead of yourself ...it wouldnt have been on till 9 eastern ...lol

That's right, the rest of us haven't had a chance to see the best show yet...I just noticed in my TV guide that it isn't on tonight. I don't remember them skipping a week before. Interesting..I know it's the CMA but the ratings for this year have been down.

Guest ranster627

sorry about the spoiler on tonight's episode, my enthusiasm got the better of me ... I am anticipating it to be the best show of the season ... LOL

This sucks, did they mention that there wouldn't be a show this week at the end of the last episode?

Now we know why last week was a two hour episode...

Guest ranster627

LOL Mo, finally had something constructive to say about the show so I decided to post ... B.A.R. or Boring Amazing Race has really lost me ...

It is going to take something spectacular to get me back on this one ...

Yes Ranster I admit it isn't the most exciting season by far.... but it still beats watching The Biggest Loser.

Ranster - what a stinker you are --- LOL.

as for whether they mentioned it or not last week that it wouldn't be on this week -- I don't know. But Morty posted a week or two ago a schedule for the rest of the season on AR and SUrvivor and he had in there that it wouldn't be on.

Of course I didn't look there lol. Thanx for letting me know!

well damn. i went to a concert last night, and went to work this mrning excited about AR on my DVR waiting for me. I guess its not there

I can't wait!

*mini celebration*

go linz family!!