Sign in to follow this  
meandmysis

Why I Won't Be Watching

I will watch it because AR is my favorite of the reality shows and i think its the most fair....you dont get voted off because of your personality--rememeber jon from 2 seasons ago? It comes down to who comes in last.

I also think after watching the first ep that it will be interesting to see what detours and tasks they choose as for instance the buggie it was a lot easier for the families with kids than it was for the adults.

I am kind of dissappointed that it looks like most of the racing will be done here in the USA instead of a race around the world.

They will go around the world but i am sure they will only be making a few stops a long the way.

But i must also admit that it will be interesting to see the cool things accross America as well.

I like the Linz family because the guys are HOT HOT HOT!

B)

I agree with alot of this...I just got through watching Jonathong get booted on the Game Show network for that seaon...just when I didnt think there was anyone worse than Will...lol...

Love the Gahgans...was laughing when the kids started singing...they are such a positive family so far...

Love the Silicone Sisters...not sure if they are fake are real but they do look nice(especially with a seatbelt between them)...

I hate the Paolo family...omg...those two boys need a beat down and then the dad needs one for letting them become like that...

I am a strong AR supporter but I have to say this year has me skeptical. Nothing against kids but I'm sorry they don't belong on this show. It's too gruelling and fast paced and I don't care what anyone says you have to be able to be physical, ie. running, paddling, jumping, climbing, swimming etc. So because there are kids they will now alter the usual events to suit their age and size. I think that's crap. And as well, for the kids, they aren't leaving the continent. Brutal. I feel AR producers will think twice about doing this again. Plus, aside from changing the game to suit the contestants ages and size, there are now 4 people getting in and out of cars and planes etc. Much too cumbersome. Filming must have been hell.

Love the show but I fear they have made a mistake with this years version. They should stick to what we all have come to love about the show. Teams of two racing AROUND THE WORLD, not around the US. One of the reasons I love this show is all the different cultures and countries you get to see. Now I get to listen to 2 brothers completely disrespect their mother for an hour. The New Yorkers got lost in New York???? Great.

I am a strong AR supporter but I have to say this year has me skeptical. Nothing against kids but I'm sorry they don't belong on this show. It's too gruelling and fast paced and I don't care what anyone says you have to be able to be physical, ie. running, paddling, jumping, climbing, swimming etc. So because there are kids they will now alter the usual events to suit their age and size. I think that's crap. And as well, for the kids, they aren't leaving the continent. Brutal. I feel AR producers will think twice about doing this again. Plus, aside from changing the game to suit the contestants ages and size, there are now 4 people getting in and out of cars and planes etc. Much too cumbersome. Filming must have been hell.

Love the show but I fear they have made a mistake with this years version. They should stick to what we all have come to love about the show. Teams of two racing AROUND THE WORLD, not around the US. One of the reasons I love this show is all the different cultures and countries you get to see. Now I get to listen to 2 brothers completely disrespect their mother for an hour. The New Yorkers got lost in New York???? Great.

I agree and disagree. I like the teams of two concept. However, there were many people who complained that they kept casting "models". Now we actually have true families, I think it is a great change of dynamics. I do agree that I don't think they will keep this as a permanent change to the format of AR.

I was skeptical about how they would factor in the younger kids on the tasks. After watching last night, I don't think it is bad at all. Of course there were only two teams with young ones and one was eliminated last night. I'll have to see how the last family with kids handles the rest of the legs. I may change my mind.

I don't remember this show hiring models. Are you sure you mean this show? Who in the past were models or actors? From what I've ever read they have all been everyday people with the minor exception of Rob and Amber or Allison and Donnie but none of them were models either.

I thought last night's show was great! But that may be because I have kids of my own that would love to be on AR.

I don't think they "scaled" down this show much. Paddling a boat is not easy, as shown by some of the 20 somethings. Setting up a tent. Well, remember who helped the middle age group to set up there's.

We all like to settle in our ways, and AR tried something new. It was only the first show. Relax, settle in, it may be better than you think!!!

I did not like it. Anytime you teach kids to be sneaky, lie or cheat - it is wrong, flat out. (I don't care if it is for 1 million.) That is what the Gaghens are doing to their kids.

I really don't want to hear families screaming at each other (Paolos). And all the SCREECHING in general was a big turn off. I will watch one more episode, but I'm not too hopeful.

I know I do not like that Paolo family. The sisters impressed me by the way they worked together on that building.

Same here!!

I did not like it. Anytime you teach kids to be sneaky, lie or cheat - it is wrong, flat out. (I don't care if it is for 1 million.) That is what the Gaghens are doing to their kids.

I really don't want to hear families screaming at each other (Paolos). And all the SCREECHING in general was a big turn off. I will watch one more episode, but I'm not too hopeful.

I agree with both statement you made. About the Gaghan kids, did you catch what they said. It was something to the affect that they will pretend to play and have fun around the other teams while spying on what they are doing or planning. What kind of parents teach their kids things like that. I Liked the weaver kids they liked very good no matter what happened. Just to bad they were they first team eliminated. And as for the Paolo family they were just too annoying, but there is always at least one team that fights or whines the whole race.

I agree with both statement you made. About the Gaghan kids, did you catch what they said. It was something to the affect that they will pretend to play and have fun around the other teams while spying on what they are doing or planning.

What kind of parents teach their kids things like that. I

Parents that don't have thier heads up thier asses and want thier kids to have a chance out there in the big bad world??

Just my guess..

I had my doubts about this season but have decided that so far its great. After all these seasons its good to see something different at least once. I will miss the foreign locations.

I watched last night and found the buggy accident quite funny, although I liked that family.

My problem with TAR is the lack of diversity. I know if takes a fair amount of money to take off work and do any of these shows, but COME ON! Enough with the token minority players. Enough with the whiney rich people!

I say that, but I know I will still watch. Oh well, what can you do?

Yeah, that's true about the sisters working together on the building - didn't that task bring them up from the bottom tier to first place (and $20k)? ('silicone sisters' was the Shroeder dad's nickname for them, not mine although one of them does look and sound an awful lot like Busto. And the Linz brothers were even snickering that they look like smokers - maybe they're BB6 fans :) )

There have also been several beauty pageant winners as well as models on past TARs - wasn't Kristy from TAR5 Miss Teen USA? And another girl from TAR5 was Miss Texas USA or something. And the last TAR had a beauty pageant winner paired up with Ron the POW.

I wonder if CBS is the ones who put those ideas about spying into the heads of the Gaghan kids - the parents just seem too clean-cut to have come up with that idea. (Who knows - I can be naive :( )

Yes, now that the Black family has been eliminated, there are no longer any minorities (also no gay couple, no dwarfs either). But the last 2 winners were black, and didn't a gay couple win once? So overall, minorities have done quite well on TAR.

I don't know any of their names so.. just saying heh... (it takes me a while to learn names)

I was skeptical this season about this AR... but Tuesday's show was actually pretty entertaining to me.

There are a few of them that I can't stand.

Like the white family with the kids. When that boy started singing in the buggy I just wanted someone to push his chubby ass out!

And don't even get me started on that annoying NY family! OMG Those freakin boys need someone to just smack them upside their GD heads. And that mom... UUUUGH She was just as bad. How freakin annoying can one family be!?! I so hope they go next. I don't think I can stand listening to their annoying asses for very long.

Right now.. I'm cheering for the Father and the Son-in-Laws... and the 3 Brothers 1 sister teams.

They seem to be having alot of fun and just seem like fun people to watch.

Everyone else... meh....

Also thought it was hilarious when the dead father family lost control of their buggy.

Boy.. that sounded horrible, but oh well. Yeah it's really sad that their father was killed... but I was still rofl when they lost control :P

Guest ranster627

I definitely was not impressed with the Schroeder dad's comment about disabled kids ...

Frankly, this year, the show is just too nice for me with that one comment aside ... I have a dysfunctional family of my own and can run them around the block if I want to see TAR ... lol ... I am just not family friendly and really do not need kids in reality TV ... JMHO

I thought I would hate the show, but so far I love it. My absolute least favorite team is the Schroeders because of the Dad...I think he tries to be funny, thinks he's funny, when he really just comes off as being a jerk. And the Paolo's are super annoying. I'm rooting for the brothers and sister and the widow and her kids so far...of course, once I see more I could change my favorites.

You mean team SCREECH ?!!!!! :blink:

No, I said exactly what I meant... Team Pink!!! :)

Also thought it was hilarious when the dead father family lost control of their buggy.

Boy.. that sounded horrible, but oh well. Yeah it's really sad that their father was killed... but I was still rofl when they lost control :P

How ironic was it that it happened to that family considering their dad was killed by being ran over by a car.

I myself get the Schroeders dads humor. I was hoping the black family would stay and the NY family with their bitching and whining would go home.

All in all I thought it was a very entertaining show.

Guest ranster627

you all know what I think, here we go with yet another long night of the family drama or WAR (Walton's American Race) .... way too sweet for my blood ...

I have loved TAR since the very first show, never missed an episode. Tonight I thought I would give this version one more chance. Sorry, its like TAR does Disney World, would be much better suited for the Disney channel. Best wishes to those of you who continue to watch. Hopefully the next season will be back to the old style.