Sign in to follow this  
meandmysis

Why I Won't Be Watching

The race is less than half the distance of past races. Competitions have been toned down to make them more kid friendly. I think that this kind of format for the show is really going to slow the momentum down.

I agree. I really dislike the idea of this season's Amazing Race. I'm very pessimistic about this season but I'll still be watching and will be hoping that TAR changes my mind.

Same here. Maybe if they did a family with teenagers and adults instead of the ones that have very young kids, it would be a little better. But I'll watch the first couple of shows to see how I feel then.

I think what they should have done is a summer family special, there's so much available room on the schedule, and then the regular edition. I know I say I won't watch it but it's one of my favourites and I'm going to miss it.

I just looked at the team and I saw that only two had children. So how is this going to be fair for these two teams? I'm betting that these two teams will be eliminated very early.

I just looked at the team and I saw that only two had children. So how is this going to be fair for these two teams? I'm betting that these two teams will be eliminated very early.

Thats what i think.The families with small children prolly wont last long.And I dont know why you guys are putting it down before it even starts.It may just end up being one of the best seasons yet.I will always watch it no matter how boring it may be..Just like I have with bigbrother this yr and its boring the crap out of me...:rofl

I LOVE The Amazing Race and I will watch the family version. But I would have rather had the Family one on during the Summer so my 6 yr old could have watched it with me. But the time of night it comes on in the fall it will be on to late for her to watch it. :mellow:

Also, the kids better not be as annoying as kids they get on Trading Spaces Family!!! :blink:

I hope it

Guest Blhuebutterfly

I have heard rumblings that this is one of two Races for TAR this year!!

Perhaps starting with the family race, inserting the regular format and both intermingling with each other. I dont know, will keep my ears out but I am with you all, kids....bad choice of love em but keep em on Nickelodeon!!

Blhue

In the immortal words of Anne Ramsey in Goonies "kids suck". I love TAR and I'll still watch it in spite of the maple syrup smelling midgets.

I do hope it doesn't tarnish TAR's reputation as a fast paced exciting show.

Guest ranster627
In the immortal words of Anne Ramsey in Goonies "kids suck". I love TAR and I'll still watch it in spite of the maple syrup smelling midgets.

I do hope it doesn't tarnish TAR's reputation as a fast paced exciting show.

I am ranster and I am not kid friendly so I say "ditto"

Somehow, setting myself up for dissapointment might just make this all worthwhile.

We have Amazing Race nights at University where we gather a friend's place and simply watch TAR while chilling. Somehow, its always better when there are others around to debate with, and when your favourite team is not the favourite of others...;)

...Also, the kids better not be as annoying as kids they get on Trading Spaces Family!!! :blink:...

I hear you, it's bad enough to put up with the annoying, whinny adults on the race... :P

Exactly, there's no way that I'm watching the "Family Edition" of this show...So I guess this will be my last post in this forum. :(

What's next, Kid's Survivor? Family Rock Star?

I think you should at least give the family edition a chance before you write it off. JMHO. :D

I don't agree with the whole kid thing. The emotional drama that will be forced from the parents onto the children can't be healthy for the little ones.

I'll be watching it though.....simply because I am a reality show junkie. It just sucks about the kids.........kind of like going to an "21 and over" club on a night that they let in the 18 year olds.....lol

When I heard families...I thought...great. When I saw the preview with the little girl asleep in the back seat...I thought....UGH! And then I heard that they will only be traveling in the US...if that's true, I don't like that at all. But, I'll still watch to see how it goes.

Well when they came out and said that this one would be a family race I thought That will suck. But I will give it a chance see how it goes. AS for what someone said that the teams with the younger kids will be the first off, maybe but kids can surprise you. And I think that they will do good at the challenges. Kids tend to be braver then alot of adults. But I think if they have a nasty food challenge ,the adult teams will do better. Most kids are very picky eaters. I agree this should have went on during the summer, and had a normal race for the fall.

We will see how it goes.

Umm, I think they will leave the US, but its going to be more 'toned down' (whatever that means)

This is probably a hint at the fact that the teams will only go to mostly safe places like Canada or Western Europe. They might trip down to Australia but that will probably be about it...

That just means there will be no more 'surprise' countires like India or Botswana...

Exactly, there's no way that I'm watching the "Family Edition" of this show...So I guess this will be my last post in this forum. :(

What's next, Kid's Survivor? Family Rock Star?

Drats! I tried to quote twice it doesn't work....

First, I too, wished it was on in the summer. My six yr old loves it too and wants me to be on it. Oh, if only HIS dream would come true!!!

Second, for the quote....They already have a kids "survivor" on Saturday mornings. Definitely not as brutal as they have shelters and such, but they do have comps and such.

Umm, I think they will leave the US, but its going to be more 'toned down' (whatever that means)

This is probably a hint at the fact that the teams will only go to mostly safe places like Canada or Western Europe. They might trip down to Australia but that will probably be about it...

That just means there will be no more 'surprise' countires like India or Botswana...

Those are the countries they hit immediately after 9/11 when security was a big concern and it was a real snoozer. (TAR3?)

I don't know what to make of the little kids just yet. I mean, how can they possibly compete with full-grown adults (physically, mentally, emotionally)? Charla (the dwarf) was short, but she was a full-grown adult who knew how to milk her 'disability' for all it was worth (claiming 'medical emergencies' to get on flights, hitching rides on golf carts, getting men to carry her bags, etc).

But there's also at least 1 team that is all women, and a couple that have older parents, so guess it's worth a look.

Well when they came out and said that this one would be a family race I thought That will suck. But I will give it a chance see how it goes. AS for what someone said that the teams with the younger kids will be the first off, maybe but kids can surprise you. And I think that they will do good at the challenges. Kids tend to be braver then alot of adults. But I think if they have a nasty food challenge ,the adult teams will do better. Most kids are very picky eaters. I agree this should have went on during the summer, and had a normal race for the fall.

We will see how it goes.

Of course if any families have teenage boys they will rule the food challenges......teenage boys EAT.

:lol: