Wow...even Maggie is racist

Ruby Tuesday

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know Italians that call themselves guidos

This is the first time I've seen ppl refer to that term as racist. Growing up esp when I was in High School The Term Referred to the "cool Kids" More specific the cool guys whose daddy's had too much money . Italian didnt even have to be a pre requisite as long as you played the part and were accepted by the other guys.

Its funny how words take on different meanings to different ppl.

I don't!  Call me a freak, but I have never referred to someone as a sand nigger, a Polack, or a guido.

Freak! A sheltered one at that.

Here's one of the funniest lines I've heard in a long time:  Sarah Silverman (whom James' Sarah resembles a little) was being interviewed on a late night TV show.  The host said "Some people have said that your humor is racist." (SHe does do a lot of racial/religious material but it's clear that she's VERY far left.)

Sarah replied: 

"I'm RACIST?  My boyfriend is half-black and I love him madly - and I just know he's going to break my heart.

"No, I'm being too pessimistic - I should say he's half-white."

A VERY well constructed joke!

Jimmy Kimmel is half black? Could have fooled me. :rolleyes:

Uhhhhh excuse meeeee. My little dawling Maggie is not a racist. Italian is not a race.

I've always consided a derogatory comment made to or about someone in refrence to where they were born or where there family comes from to be a racist remark.

So what would it be called if someone made a negative comment about someone comming from Italy or germany or ireland or any country for that matter.

As a minority myself (I'm Latin) I wish we (as well as some of the HGs) would stop accusing people of being racist just because they use someone's race as a negative adjective, when they refer to a HG.

A racist is someone that hates another because of their race. Every time someone has been called a "guido" or "mexican this" ...etc. by the HGs, it has been used in the same context as when they say that "fat..." ot that "silicone..." just as a handy putdown.

I'd call Ivette a racist had she spat on Kaysar's face over his race...and I'll call anyone else left there a racist, when they burn a cross in the backyard in beau and Ivette's name, or refuse to share bathrooms and room space with them because of their race and color...that's true racism...They (as well as us) may be guilty of disparaging each other, but not of racism.

As another latino, I have to disagree with your definition of racist. The very act of using someone's race as a negative adjective is an act that attempts to demean a person by the very association they have with their own race. That is racist.

The qualifiers you put forth are weak in defining racism. The very use of the epithets Ivette has used against Kaysar carry an implication that kaysar's ethnicity makes him even worse as a person and that being middle eastern is something undesirable and loathsome. No subtlety was lost because it was so very blatant.

And my understanding about Maggie using Guido..it's such a neighborhood thing. Like calling Chicano kids from the barrio ese Not derogatory more of a colloquialism.

Allright children, listen to me, there are 3 races in the world caucasoid, negroid, and mongoloid. If Maggie were to say those negroids are this and that then that would be racist. But she didn't say that. She was just loungin sexily while was sayin what she said it's not like she said it in anger or anything to even SUGGEST that it was a put down. The case that Maggie is racist is dismissed GUH BYE.

Allright children, listen to me, there are 3 races in the world caucasoid, negroid,  and mongoloid. If Maggie were to say those negroids are this and that then that would be racist. But she didn't say that. She was just loungin sexily while was sayin what she said it's not like she said it in anger or anything to even SUGGEST that it was a put down. The case that Maggie is racist is dismissed GUH BYE.

Seriously, you need help

Allright children, listen to me, there are 3 races in the world caucasoid, negroid,  and mongoloid. If Maggie were to say those negroids are this and that then that would be racist. But she didn't say that. She was just loungin sexily while was sayin what she said it's not like she said it in anger or anything to even SUGGEST that it was a put down. The case that Maggie is racist is dismissed GUH BYE.

Honestly, if you think Maggot could ever look sexy you have ver poor taste.

But she's still a back stabbing jealous cow...can't make a case against that...hahahhaahahaaa

Taken from Dictionary.com

A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution: the German race.

Not saying Maggie is or isnt a racist but your definition is a lil off

Guest afwife

I have to say that this discussion is real sad. Here is a link to the definition of "racist"

definition of 'Racist"

I have read this page and if you search other web sites for the difination it says similar things. This definiton has a little of everything. I believe that we all have opinions, obviously, and we all view the term "racist" in a different way. Some consider racism to be souly tied to the color of skin or nationality such as derogitiory words for spanish speakin people, Russions, Arab, Italians or so on. I happen to be part polish and my hubby calls me a polak which I don't find offensive. It is my opinion that there is a line between saying something out of anger, frustration etc. and saying something to cause serious pain with malicious intent, or to riducle, or harm, or purposly disrespect. That is where I think people differ. I have on more that one occasion screamed in the heat of the moment "I am going to kill you". I of course didn't really mean it but I said it. However, I personally don't consider that in a really derogitory way. I have said in the heat of the moment while driving a car when someone pulls out in front of me you A-hole or FU, or Bi***. I don't know that person and I really didn't mean to cause them pain I was angry at the time I am not going to hunt them down a yell, (yes some would do that and it is called road rage). Now, as for the HGs in the BB house. I truly believe that they say things they don't mean in the heat of the moment. However, the difference between many of you is wheather or not those comments ment to inflict pain. If anyone ever studied law a serious crime that is committed undergoes a series of questions. The main one which sometimes determines wheather you live or die or get life with parole of life without parole. Sometimes it even determines wheather a crime has even been committed. That quesion is did they purposly and intentionaly plan to commit this crime in other words "premeditated. So my point is when a person on a show like BB says something out of anger and frustration is it really racism? I know some disagree with what I write. In short (lol) think before you call someone a racist because that person your calling that may not see it that way and it can really cause some nasty things to happen and can really hurt someone. We haven't know the HGs for long at all. If your best friend or mother calls someone a Ni**er ( I despise that word) in the heat of the moment once in the 24 years (my age) you have lived and been wit around her and this was the first time she ever said that word would you deem her a racist?

Archived