Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

‘Dancing With the Stars’ Cast 2012

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

TV_Paige

TV_Paige

Forum Host

• Pip
  • 2,702 posts
'Dancing With the Stars' New 2012 Cast
by Emily Yahr

No controversial figures will populate the dance floor this season on "Dancing With the Stars," as Gladys Knight was easily the most surprising name announced out of the dozen new cast members on "Good Morning America."

The only other sort of-surprise? Pro dancer Maksim Chermkovskiy, who caused headlines last season for his bad attitude, and claimed the reality dancing competition was "his show," will be back to dance again.

Some of the bigger names on the list included Jack Wagner, Sherri Shepherd, Gavin DeGraw and the guy who played 'Urkel,' also known as Jaleel White.

Plus, not a single political figure, even in an election year (Herman Cain and Michele Bachmann had already made it clear they weren’t going to be joining.)

The official cast announcement was turned into quite the spectacle, as hundreds of screaming people lined the El Capitan Theatre in Los Angeles, waving signs and generally causing a frenzy as Tom Bergeron and Brooke Burke Charvet announced the new "Dancing with the Stars" cast and their pro dance partners for Season 14:

• Jack Wagner, soap actor from "General Hospital" and "Melrose Place" — with Anna Trebunskaya
  • Melissa Gilbert, played Laura Ingalls on “Little House on the Prairie” — with Maskim Chmerkovskiy (solving the “will Maks be back?! mystery)
  • Donald Driver, receiver for the Green Bay Packers — with Peta Murgatroyd
  • William Levy, telenova star apparently known as the “Brad Pitt of Mexico” — with Cheryl Burke
  • Sherri Shepherd, co-host of “The View” — with Val Chmerkovskiy
  • Katherine Jenkins, opera star — with Mark Ballas
  • Gavin DeGraw, pop singer known for penning the “One Tree Hill” theme song — with Karina Smirnoff
  • Martina Navratilova, tennis pro — with Tony Dovolani
  • Roshon Fegan, star of Disney Channel's "Shake It Up" and hip hop producer — with Chelsie Hightower
  • Maria Menounos, co-host of "Extra" — with Derek Hough
  • Jaleel White, best known aS Steve Urkel in "Family Matters" — with Kym Johnson
  • Gladys Knight, singer, or “empress of soul” — with Tristan MacManus
Among the facts learned during the post-announcement Q&A, Gladys Knight confessed she joined the show because of 'The Pips,' her famous backup singers. "They never let me dance," Knight explained.

Plus, Melissa Gilbert said she feels better now that the "mystery is lifted" about whether she's joinng. Jack Wagner refused to say who he thinks is the toughest competition. Jaleel White said he was persuaded to join by his mother, who considers this her favorite show.

Even "The View" co-host Barbara Walters gets a shout-out, as Sherri Shepherd proclaims she's "petrified," and "I need Barbara Walters!"

Finally, any word from the infamous Maks? He proclaims his partner, Melissa Gilbert, is "alright," but was obviously told to keep his comments short. "I love the new cast," he said sweetly. "I'm looking forward to see everybody dance."

Slowpoke

Slowpoke

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 7,725 posts
Soooo ... DWTS's Bad Boy is back.

Ladies --- happy?, agitated?, PO'd?, or counting the days ?

6Borders

6Borders

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 4,443 posts
Martina Navratilova...give me a break!!!

KyTallgirl

KyTallgirl

• Pip
  • 205 posts
I just love Maks and am so glad he is back. Posted Image I think his comments last year were blown way out of proportion. I think he said what he said in the heat of the moment and it came out wrong.

KatO

KatO

• Pip
  • 125 posts
Yummy Val and Tristan are going to be there. :)

Wasn't Katherine Jenkins on during classics week, where one of the Girls Next Door danced? No not the wedding obsessed blonde, the sporty blonde. I don't remember her name. There was the joke about her being a Soprano by the host.

Slimcruz

Slimcruz

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 8,256 posts

Martina Navratilova...give me a break!!!

Ditto. I don't know these people.

Marty

Marty

• Pip
  • 31,633 posts
Yes Max is a hunk but that is trumped by him being a bully. I don't like bullies. :skellington:

Slimcruz

Slimcruz

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 8,256 posts
I think that they should make them dance nekkid. Especially Bully Max.

Slowpoke

Slowpoke

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 7,725 posts
Great show tonite

(The judges must have stopped for a few drinky-poos together before the show I think.)

Should be an interesting season. Lots of this new batch seem pretty evenly matched
for inborn rhythm and are ready to get on with it.

I kinda feel sorry for the bottom 3. Must have been discouraging to watch so many
other ones get high scores.

The blonde lady singer from England was one of my favs. Kinda a combination of
Grace Kelly and Marilyn Monroe in looks.

(I'd love to see Mellisa Gilbert get past the first round or two and end up knocking
their socks off.)

Marty

Marty

• Pip
  • 31,633 posts
Hey who is the moderator? Where are the pictures and threads for the dancers.

They have some really good dancers this year. I don't know most of them but I think it is going to be a good season.

Slowpoke

Slowpoke

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 7,725 posts
Marty I went to post in 1 or 2 of them last night .... and realized they weren't there.

You want to post them ? If not, maybe I'll post them next week.... if they don't happen
to magically appear.

6Borders

6Borders

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 4,443 posts
Maria What'sHer-Name dancing with Derek..omg her laugh is almost as annoying as Rachel's. Glad we have to mostly watch her dance and not speak...or laugh!!!!

bboop

bboop

• Pip
  • 125 posts
what's going on here??? No pictures, no comments, is there somewhere else to go?

Slimcruz

Slimcruz

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 8,256 posts
I kind of liked Sherry Sheppard but I am tired of her google-eyed, jive-talking act. Some of them are so bad that when you see someone good (the brit blonde, for instance) it makes you wonder why they even try. Jeez, Martina. Why?

KyTallgirl

KyTallgirl

• Pip
  • 205 posts
I thought they were VERY generous with their scores and comments this week for some of the contestants! I couldn't believe it...

KatO

KatO

• Pip
  • 125 posts
We were talking about the scores and how we missed the progress from week to week of growth and difficulty. This season has been like being presented with a full grown flower arrangement and just waiting for them to start wilting instead of seeing the flower grow and bloom.

I'm thinking that they could change the scoring paddles to colors to represent a mix of technicality and so forth. Make it more interesting.

Slowpoke

Slowpoke

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 7,725 posts
KatO ... sounds like an idea that they should play around with and see if they can come up with a better way of scoring.

I've mentioned a few times it seems like the Judges are all over the place this season.
( wonder if they've all been stopping for Happy Hour before they come to the show ? )

I'll admit there's been a lot of really entertaining dances with it being so early in
the show.... but, what about the technicality as you said ?

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,888 posts
oops sorry guys, I will get them done tomorrow. If I tried to do them tonight it would take me twice as long.

KatO

KatO

• Pip
  • 125 posts
Watching last nights dances, Katherine Jenkins brought it all to the dance floor. She did very well with telling a story in dance without lyrics. I also saw some dances that felt like slow-mo with bursts of speed. I thik this might be the week that Gavin goes home, his dance was just meh. I wish I could watch the live results tonight except I've got a practice to plan out July's schedule.

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
I LOVE Katharine, and I have grown to love Maria. I also love me some Donald Driver, and William is a sexy hunk of meat, but I don't really want him to win. All in all, a great final four. Any one of them could win it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users