Dade

Art Velez and J.J. Carrell

13 posts in this topic

JJ_art_135.jpg

Name: Art Velez

Hometown: Temecula, Calif.

Connection to your teammate: Friend/Co-worker

Current occupation: Border Patrol Agent

Describe what you do: I tell others what to do, how to do it, and I prevent illegal immigrants from entering the country.

How will these skills help you win The Race? I have the ability to adapt, adjust, overcome and make split second command decisions.

Three words to describe you: Funny, hilarious and good looking.

Favorite hobbies: Shooting guns in competition, golfing and smoking/cooking meats.

What famous person reminds you of yourself? Ben Affleck

What famous person reminds you of your teammate? David

I like them, if for no other reason than Brendan's stupid unnecessary comment about hating them because he was half Mexican. Really??? Stupid comment.

I liked them too (and that was before Brendon's childish and ridiculous comment). I think we will see some fun moments from these two!

These two are going to have some explosive moments as the race goes on which might be their undoing but they sure came back on that roadblock.

I don't like Brendon & Rachel any better than they do but that was kind of a low-blow comment about being "A UCLA student"...guess that makes them even for Brendon's comment. They do have Brendon & Rachel pegged tho...they are going to be tag-along's!

These guys were smoking last night and what a NICE thing to give some money to Bopper & Mark. They didn't regret it one bit when they found out it was a non-elim leg! If I could afford cockles for my heart they would be warm.

Love these guys. What big hearts they have. Hope they don't get too cocky though. PS - the fact that Brendon doesn't like them makes me love them more.

Love these guys. What big hearts they have. Hope they don't get too cocky though. PS - the fact that Brendon doesn't like them makes me love them more.

I agree 100%. Again, love to be a fly on the race and see the exchanges between these teams that don't make it on TV. I'm surprised TAR even let Brendon's comment on.

These tools just get more obnoxious with every episode...will be very disappointed if they win.

They are pretty annoying and obnoxious, but they are fun to watch. I'm rooting for Bopper & Mark to win but I would not hate it if these guys won.

When TAR started it seemed they were one of the few teams who really knew who "Big Brother Brenchel" were...wonder who threw the first verbal punch.

Hasta la vista, baby!! So glad they took 2nd place. Wonder if Art still thinks the Amazing Race was an Amazing Waste.

They were getting more and more annoying and it was getting harder to like them but I still wanted them to win. At least they beat out Brenchel.

Too quick to talk smack about others. I expected more from them I guess. Glad they lost.

At least they finished in front of Big Red and her man! I had to root for them if only for the reason that B&R didn't like them from day 1. Yes, they got a little full of themselves about halfway thru, but I still liked them better than the two tools. Bopper and Mark were by far my faves.......sad they didn't win.