Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds
Photo

Bachelorette 8

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

iloverobandamber

iloverobandamber

• Pip
  • 86 posts
Guess what people your new Bachelorette is Emily Maynard

Your new Bachelorette

do you like the new Bachelorette????

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts

Guess what people your new Bachelorette is Emily Maynard

Your new Bachelorette

do you like the new Bachelorette????

No doubt this will be drama filled. My original feeling while watching her in the past was that she was in the show specifically to be the next Bachelorette. It would appear her standards are extremely high:

• A man's man.
  • Has movie star looks. Tall and extremely well build.
  • Never loose his cool.
  • Always knows when to take control (be a strong man), and when to back off (be a good listener)
  • already very successful professionally; needs be making 1 million per year or more.
  • A guy with high degree of personal charisma, the type of guy that turns heads when he walks in the room.

Slowpoke

Slowpoke

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 7,339 posts
OMG... I just thought...

What would it be like if Rachel was on this show ?

I'm still laughing :animated_rotfl:

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts

OMG... I just thought...

What would it be like if Rachel was on this show ?

I'm still laughing Posted Image

Have Rachel and Brandon broken up?

Slowpoke

Slowpoke

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 7,339 posts
nahhh .... but I'd bet $2.00 that it won't last.

My comment was just something that popped into my head.

jenw_72

jenw_72

• Pip
  • 1,451 posts
omg if she were ever to be on the show I wouldn't watch it...Its bad enough she is on TAR ugh

Iris

Iris

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 1,174 posts
So what do you all think of this season? After watching tonight's show, I like the chemistry between Emily and Arie, but I also like Doug and Sean.

Slowpoke

Slowpoke

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 7,339 posts
hmm... didn't watch.

Didn't care for the last one... and after watching some of 'The Bachelor's last series
I think I'll take a break from both of these shows for awhile.

BUT... hope others enjoy this season.
Have fun.

Oleander

Oleander

• Pip
  • 312 posts
I like this season better than the past ones. There's something about Emily that shows she has a backbone and knows who will be right for her. Sending the guy home who missed his kid was great to watch. She seemed like she knew he wouldn't make it to the end so why keep him if he felt so guilty. And then sending Alessandro home during the last coffee hour after he pretty much told her he wasn't that interested in a family was also right. About Arie- I can't decide if he's there to help his career or because he really wants to settle down but they sure do have chemistry!

jenw_72

jenw_72

• Pip
  • 1,451 posts
Love her and Arie together.Im liking this season but on Brads season she bored me

jersey721

jersey721

• Pip
  • 3,090 posts
I agree she was boring on The Bachelor and I also find her boring on this show. Can't stand her.

jenw_72

jenw_72

• Pip
  • 1,451 posts
ha-ha she is kinda boring isn't she.Maybe thats why Brad left her,she bored him to death. I do like her,I find she is very sweet but BORING. These dates she has ugh. They made a BAD decision to have her as the bachelorette IMO

Iris

Iris

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 1,174 posts
Nice to see Emily get some guts last night and kick someone off the show for calling her daughter "baggage".

jersey721

jersey721

• Pip
  • 3,090 posts
This show should have been called "Mommy, Find Me A New Daddy". I'm sick of seeing & hearing about Ricki every freakin episode. Sorry Emily, but having a daughter is considered baggage. You just chose to take it in the bad way. Everyone comes with some kind of baggage.

Marty

Marty

• Pip
  • 30,742 posts
It is a boring season. My fav is Ari.

Her drama about the guys not having her back was stupid. They knew he was a short timer anyway. Stupid episode.

AdoptionWins

AdoptionWins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
This has definitely been a disappointing season. Not really anything exciting happening. It seems like Emily made her choice early on and now is just going through the motions of the show. I'm not really confident she's going to actually pick anyone. I'm wondering if she went on for the money and hoped she might find someone, but didn't really care one way or another if she connected to someone or not. Can't blame her though, she's a mom and she's making money for she and her daughter. I can respect that - of course, I could also be catty about her, but I'll just stop with respecting that she wants to provide for her daughter and herself.

jenw_72

jenw_72

• Pip
  • 1,451 posts
I really like Ari think she should choose him,but she is boring me to death. I am suprised the guys aren't bored to. They are probably staying for a chance to win some money. Also,why would she get rid of Doug and keep Chris??? Ugh she is kinda brainless

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
Unless I'm missing something, the dark horse Jeff is going to be the winner, but Sean might be a close enough second that she might pick him. As always, except when picking a ringer (aka last season), the person selected is never shown as having any faults, except faults that might be considered enduring. Even if he does have moments where he flips out, or does something immature, they edit out of the show so that the guy comes across as near perfect as possible, aka Prince Charming. We can rule out all the others except maybe Sean, because they have been shown as being flawed human beings, and no way this side of hell would Emily expose Princesses Ricki to a man who forgets to put down the toilet seat after he's done.

I can't wait until Princess Ricki is 12-13, and starts back talking and running around with guys ways too old for her, and then Emily will get a taste for reality that most parents deal with, not fairy tale land where everything is perfect.

Iinteresting to note that Reality Steve is not revealing the winner this season. He claims not to know yet, but good chance his settlement with ABC blocks him from actually revealing the winner.

Iris

Iris

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 1,174 posts
I'm also thinking the dark horse Jef might be who she chooses. Now that he's come out of his shell, they seem to be having a great time when they're together. I have always liked Ari, but Jef is quickly becoming my front-runner for her. I liked Sean until I saw him running through the streets late at night looking for her. He seems a little on the possessive side. Not liking that Chris broke down Monday night; that isn't good for the image he's trying to portray of a mature man. Doug needed to go, plain and simple.

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts

I liked Sean until I saw him running through the streets late at night looking for her. He seems a little on the possessive side.

What is funny about those so-called moments of sponentatiy where one of the guys goes and does something that appears to be on his own without any approval from the producers, the truth is that before they can do anything like that, they have to get producer approval and\or the suggestion came from a producer in the first place. Something like:

Sean: This is driving me crazy, I want to go run after her and tell her how I feel.
Producer: Then go do it, if that is how you feel.
Sean: Are you saying its OK for me leave go find her?
Producer: Yes, that is what I am saying, If you want to go, you have my permission, but you have to take a camera crew along of course.
Sean: OK, I'm leaving now.

The producers green light such a dumb things because it would be good for the show, plus the producers already know that Emily doesn't have plans to select him at the very end because she likes one or more of the other guys better.

Let's run the same example, but with Jeff who Emily likes better than all the rest:

Jeff: I want to go run after her and tell her how I feel.
Producer: I don't think that is a good idea Jeff, it would make you look desprate and immature.
Jeff: But, I really want tell her how I feel right now.
Producer: Sorry Jeff, I'm not giving you approval to do that. Sleep on it tonight, and we can discuss it more in the morning.
Jeff: OK, maybe you're right. I'll sleep on it and we can talk tomorrow.

In the first senerio the producer lets Sean look bad on camera. In the second senerio, the producer prevents Jeff (Emily's #1 choice) from being impulsive and doing\saying dumb things. The whole point is it to create some doubt in the veiwers mind about who is right guy for Emily. The #1 guy is the one who the producers show as the most perfect, since Emily is not selecting some ringer like we had last season.

If its not clear to everyone, the producers always know who Emily likes and dislikes. And they know her thoughts about each one. And near the end, the producers know how she stack ranks them against each other, and most importantly when she has made her final choice which may come several days\weeks before filming ends. She may have made up her mind in the first two week who she like the best, and the remaining time is spent having a good time and making sure he is the right guy. This show is not really about picking the right guy at the very end, it happens long before we see it on camera.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users