Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds
Photo

Colton Cumbie

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Oleander

Oleander

• Pip
  • 312 posts

How true! As much as I disliked Russell Hantz I dislike this guy even more. I hope he never gets on another show. He is not an all-star. He's an insecure little baby who seems not to like anyone who looks different from him (Alicia was not his friend but just a means to get what he wanted). He may or may not be a ratings booster. I guess we'll find that out now.

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts

How true! As much as I disliked Russell Hantz I dislike this guy even more. I hope he never gets on another show. He is not an all-star. He's an insecure little baby who seems not to like anyone who looks different from him (Alicia was not his friend but just a means to get what he wanted). He may or may not be a ratings booster. I guess we'll find that out now.

There's really only one criteria for getting asked back: Is the person going to help increase Ratings

To be asked back, the person is going to fall into one of two fan catagories:

Mostly loved by fans
Mostly hated by fans

Generally floaters don't get asked backed because they just want to sit around and let the hardcore plays knock each other out of the game, but they are very boring to watch on TV because they so\do practically nothing. Floaters have won, but nobody wants to see them back.

Characters like Colton and Russel Hantz (or little Hantz), are hated by most fans, but they are the types we love to hate, and we do victory dances in our livingrooms when they get voted out. If the show was full of lovable characters, or all floaters, then Survivor would have never lastest more than 2-3 seasons.

Also note, Everyone who gets on the show has at least one serious personality flaws\weeknesses. When casting the show, the producers don't go out and only get successful people who have a high degree of self control. It if were, it would be like watching people play chess. Rarely would they say\do anything that might give away information about what they thinking or their plans. They'd all pretend to be great friends, never saying anything bad about anyone, and only back stab each other during tribel council. The entire show would be about the competitions and the vote because everything in between would be forced\faked friendships for 39 days. TRULY smart people would hold back their dislikes for others for 39 days to have a chance to win 1 million. Thus, when casting the show, they get people who easily get frustrated, are control freaks, have a short fuse, etc; basically can't keep their mouth shut for more than 24 hours when they are unhappy about anything.

6Borders

6Borders

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 3,887 posts
I DO NOT want to see Colton back...so he got robbed of the entire "Survivor experience" but stuff happens! His game is going to be the same and the next time around it will be predictable and even more annoying. It was funny once but (like other castaways) ONCE IS MORE THAN ENOUGH (hey Jeff, ya listening???).

Marty

Marty

• Pip
  • 31,159 posts
He was a jerk but he brought entertainment to the cast. It is so boring now......:skellington:

Slimcruz

Slimcruz

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 8,004 posts
Like, I think that you are a pudgy, wannabe southern rich kid (I don't believe the silver spoon bit for a second; silver mobile home, most likely. Maids? I think not, Colton) who nobody would spend a nanosecond around unless they were forced to (like, on an island somewhere trying to win money).

That said, the show was boring with Colton and boring without Colton. I miss Survivor. RI should have been a clue to us that all is not well. Maybe Grasping For Straws would have been the better name.

I agree with whomever in the theory that dislike is as strong a force as like when it comes to compelling television. I wish I could find someone to like on Survivor. This time; I surely do not.

Dear Jeff: I know that they make you do the filler at tribal council and I know that it is tiring for you to have to lead those people to partake of the conflict koolaid but really, let's get back to the old Survivor. Please. It worked for me.

Fatcat

Fatcat

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 7,950 posts
he disgusted me more then any person ever to be on this show, sooooo wrong, I could not stand to listen to him, and I could not firgue out why they were drinking the cool aid.

on another note, one of the guys I work with has tried out for Survivor like 6 times, this time around he has gone really far in the process and I think he may get on this time, I will be thrilled for him and it will be sooo fun to watch. I will see him tomorrow at work and hopefully he will have the news I've been waiting to hear

6Borders

6Borders

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 3,887 posts
on another note, one of the guys I work with has tried out for Survivor like 6 times, this time around he has gone really far in the process and I think he may get on this time, I will be thrilled for him and it will be sooo fun to watch. I will see him tomorrow at work and hopefully he will have the news I've been waiting to hear
[/quote]

Will he be able to tell you he made it and you will be able to tell us who it is????

Fatcat

Fatcat

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 7,950 posts
yes, he is waiting and should know in the next few days, it has been a really long process, he has had like 4 interviews, has had to trvel for all of them, and I just get the feeling if he wasn't goin to get on this time they would already have told him no, so I saw him at work yesterday, and I told him to text me the minute he finds out, and when I do find out I will tell you who he is and really he would be great on this show and I will be rootin for him all the way, he is funny and knows how to deal with ppl, nice lookin, he even got to talk to Jeff on the phone for a chat of sorts, I sooo hope he makes it. I will keep you posted

I know they are getting ready to start filming the new show even tho they are still airing this one,lol, so he has to find out very soon

6Borders

6Borders

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 3,887 posts
It would be nice not only to have someone to root for but someone who can really give us the "inside scoop" on how people are on Survivor vs. how they are in real life. I will be keeping paws crossed your friend makes the show...just hope they don't bring Colton back when he's on :closedeyes:

Fatcat

Fatcat

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 7,950 posts
thanks, me and him have been prayin and on pins and needles for weeks now , I am sooo praying for him to make it on this time, I guarentee he would make it really fun, I'll let you all know for sure : )

he hated Colton as much as I do and both of us have said we think this is the worst ct of survivor there has ever been,lol, I think he would be able to mess with Colton however

Slowpoke

Slowpoke

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 7,468 posts
FatCat... can't wait to here if he makes it.
What state is he from?
If he's somewhat of a character... he'll probably get a nice amount of air time.

I'll be checking 'Colton's' thread to see if you posted that he made it.

Good luck to him if he did.

6Borders

6Borders

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 3,887 posts
I'll be anxiously awaiting news too! I really hope your friend makes the show. We'll give him plenty of "fan-base" attention...lol!!

Somehow, love or hate Colton, I really don't think he's a good "bring-back" any time soon because he's too predictable and I don't think he's capable of the depth required for a second shot at it. It will be too easy for other castaways (unless they never watched the show...gasp!) to push his buttons and send him packing, especially after what happened to Russel.

Fatcat

Fatcat

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 7,950 posts
oh, I'll let you know if he gets on, he promised to text me, as we only work 2 times a week together, so I wll let you know, put good thoughts out for him, I sooo want him to make it on

he's from kc mo, and we work in the same restaurant and have worked together for some time

carmen

carmen

• Pip
  • 1,388 posts
I so hope this loser doesn't get invited back on the show. They must really be hard up (and desperate) if they have to bring
the likes of him back for another season. He makes my stomach churn, and not in a good way.

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
I'm amazed his mother even showed her face. I think I'd have been too embarrassed. He is a low life scum sucking piece of crap.

jersey721

jersey721

• Pip
  • 3,121 posts
In mom's defense, she did seem uncomfortably embarrassed by her son and very sincere in apologizing for him.

stevea11

stevea11

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 2,519 posts
As I read the posts above it's pretty clear many of you dislike Colton, dislike being a polite way of saying you hate his f'ing guts. :furious3: I sure hope CBS does not read these posts because if they do I'm sure Colton will be back. They just love putting people like him on TV to piss off people like me. :furious3:

6Borders

6Borders

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 3,887 posts
I'm sure the producers are reading every word on every forum. What I HOPE they realize is that he's not going to bring anything different to the table (or the Island)a second time because I don't think he's capable of being anything other than what he is or playing the game any differently.
Entertaining he was but ONLY ONCE!! I think we might be more likely to see him on Big Brother!!

Slowpoke

Slowpoke

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 7,468 posts
Even for a Survivor that was 'Ho Hum' in my books.....

He didn't even rate a Hum in my opinion.

Besides the 'plastic surgeon' ... he was the only one
I MIGHT remember in about 3 weeks.

And... yes... please don't bring him back for another GoRound.

Fatcat

Fatcat

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 7,950 posts

FatCat... can't wait to here if he makes it.
What state is he from?
If he's somewhat of a character... he'll probably get a nice amount of air time.

I'll be checking 'Colton's' thread to see if you posted that he made it.

Good luck to him if he did.

well.we are from Missouri, He still has not heard and I guess there is this web site that the ppl who have tried out can go to and it is still saying "pending". He has tried out about 6 times and if he does not get on he will be so dissapointed, but I will let you know and if it happens I will post a pic on here. He is a funny guy, nice lookin, we have worked together a few yrs, and I would love to have someone I know to root for, so stand by,lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users